Audio Install in NYC???

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2002, 04:12 PM
That's hot...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Install in NYC???

Does anyone know a good place to install subs and an amp (JL Audio 250/1 Amplifier + JL Audio CS210-W3 2-10") into my car on the stock system in NYC...

I got the wires and volume control for it...I just need to find a place to install it...

Thanks for your help...
Old 07-24-2002, 04:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
There is only one place to get it installed.

www.streeteffectz.com

You can contact the owner, Ron @ 732.388.7000
Old 07-24-2002, 06:22 PM
East Coast Boost.!

If you're not getting anything done custom, I would suggest doing it yourself. You can really learn something and with simple directions, It would be quite easy.
Old 07-24-2002, 10:00 PM
do it yourself, !

Hey sorry for the delay on the info on tint shops. Work has been crazy lately. ALl I know is that its on Jerome..i'd have to swing b y there to get the info or a bus. card. If you can't wait Speedworld is a definite go. They're good guys and they do good work. Big Boys Toys is crap. Just do the system yourself. You'll save a whole lot of $$. Enough money to get ur tints done! I can even do it for you in a few weeks. I won't charge you "TOO" much.. My last day at work is pretty soon.

and Titan..clean your damn PM box!!!
Old 07-24-2002, 11:03 PM
TYPE WHOA

the same shop I recommended for the tints does audio installs and did my box to the stock stereo. Let me know. PM me
Old 07-25-2002, 12:48 AM
1 Phat CL !

gO to Source Mall, Circuit City and See Mark Opak!
Best Damn Installer on the Planet, I dont trust any1 except him, Even the Taping after sodering is perfect, this guy is an Electrical Engineer, so he knows what he is doing, and if u have any ideas, he'll do it for you. while your there check his car our. then u'll know he is no joke.
tell him
Abe with red Cl sent u.
Old 07-25-2002, 12:56 AM
That's hot...

If anyone could give me step by step directions to self install the system, I might give it a try...

the difficult thing is, is that there is a volume control...having to route something from the back of the car to the front sounds difficult..

but if you guys think its possible (even recommended) that I should install the system myself...I'll give it a try...with help from you guys (of course )...

langjae,

no problem man...the summer is still long ...

A couple of weeks to do my install...how bout this Saturday...j/k ...

I agree Big Boys Toys blows...I'm considering SpeedWorld...

Thanks...

Jeff914 check your PM's

OUTRAGEOUS CL TYPE S...which one is the source mall...I was thinking about taking it to a Circuit City or Best Buy, but I didn't want just any dude workin on my car...but if you trust this guy I might want to check him out

Let me know...

Thanks...
Old 07-25-2002, 01:00 AM
1 Phat CL !

yo speed world and big boys toys are kids play when it comes to system, with Circuit City the do some CRazy shit, Electronic stores totally changed, the work is soooo clean, and they are insured,
if u want to do it youself, well u still need to go to Circuit city and get your self a Scotche High Low converter 20 bucks and then install it but using soder and tape it to you rear speaker, run a little rca good cable (monster cable) and then hook it to an after market amp and some subs, your set. then its all on how u tweeek it.
Old 07-25-2002, 01:36 AM
do it yourself, !

Dont waste your money on Monster Cable RCA's/ Rca's are Rca's..brands don't mean crap. Just get decent, thick ones for like 6-8 dollars each and you're set. 25 bucks for an RCA cable fro mMonster is retarded.

I'm 50/50 on circuit city. The one by me in Yonkers NY put a screw through my friend's fuel line. They paid for it and everytihng, but that guy was straight outta high school and didn't know dick.

You can definitely do it yourself if you're not doing anything really hard. soldering is easy..just a matter of melting stuff I went to a CC in NJ to do my old 3000gt. The guy was great and even carried around a photo album of his side jobs. But since he worked for them he had to charge 40 bucks PER item installed. So it was 40 or the HU, 40 for the amp, 40 for wiring, 40 for changer. Now I have come to see how simple that was and i kick myself in the ass for spending the 160 on that.

I am kinda partial to Circiut city cuz they try to sell you the stuff they have i nthe showroom--which 9 times out of 10 is overly priced and garbage.

Originally posted by OUTRAGEOUS CL TYPE S
yo speed world and big boys toys are kids play when it comes to system, with Circuit City the do some CRazy shit, Electronic stores totally changed, the work is soooo clean, and they are insured,
if u want to do it youself, well u still need to go to Circuit city and get your self a Scotche High Low converter 20 bucks and then install it but using soder and tape it to you rear speaker, run a little rca good cable (monster cable) and then hook it to an after market amp and some subs, your set. then its all on how u tweeek it.
Old 07-25-2002, 02:15 AM
East Coast Boost.!

I'm totally with Langjae. He knows what he's talking about. I install everything myself. As for monster cables, they are just hype. I had them in my pathfinder and they sound just like the 10 buck ones I have now.

As for the CC in the source Mall, they don't do anything there that one of us couldn't do. I don't see why you would drive out here. Please don't. They don't do anything special, just the basic crap that anyother place will do. Plus there prices are crazy. My advice to you is to stay away from local retail stores. You obviously like high quality stuff and don't want to pay killer local prices. Circuit city does nothing custom, do not expect anything special if you go there. It will be the biggest waste of $ you will ever spend 150.

As for the Hi low converter, just get any. They are all the same.

Anything you need can be found on this site, and we are here to help you. Good luck.
Old 07-25-2002, 11:48 AM
That's hot...

I tried to do a search on installing the sub and amp, and I couldn't find anything..

If you guys can give me some instructions I'll give it a try ...especially, b/c

a)I'll save some money (always good)

b)I'm impatient and want this done asap...

c)I can learn some more stuff about the CL

Thanks for your help...
Old 07-25-2002, 03:10 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I'm glad to be of service. Langjae is too busy, he has a really tight schedule.

First get a hi-low converter. Any local store should have one. If you go to a install place, they might even give you a free used one. It should have 4 or 5 wires running out of one end and RCA outputs on the other. The instructions will tell you what wires to tap into.

Second get to the factory amp behind the trunk lining onthe passenger side. You will see it and know what I'm talking about.
Using the instructions from the Hi-Low converter, tap into the wires from the amp. here is the diagram.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...t=bose+diagram
Not the colorful one, but the one under it. Your system is not that sophisticated. After that is done plug in the RCA to the amp and the HI-low.

Third get 4 guage power wire. You can get a kit. It should have 4 guage, you will need approx 20 ft. and ground wire, power cable crimps, remote wire. Hook up the power cable to the battery with the fuseholder about a foot away fro the batt. then through the firewall over the pedals, throuh the driverside floor(just pop off the panels, nothing is screwed in), then behind the drivers side rear trim and behind the seats to the trunk. Sounds more complicated than it really is. Then just plug it into the amp and plug the ground in also. Groud it somewhere secure behind the seat, that will serve you just fine. IF you get sparks, shit happens and keep going. Remote Remote wire is from the factory wires to the amp. Tap into the YELLOW w/ WHITE, not white with yellow, the remote is thinner than the power. then plug it into the amp.

You will need. Wire splicer. Soldering gun, possible speakerwire(for hi-low to extend), RCA cable, power and ground which are the same. Remote wire, crimps, & electrical tape. We're here to help you out.

You should also read this link.
http://silverknight.clickhere2.net/sound.html
GoodLuck
Old 08-03-2002, 03:50 AM
10th Gear

DEFINITLY "SPEED WORLD" ON QUEENS BLVD THEY WOULD HOOK UR SHIT UP.........