ATTN: ImpalaDude

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2001, 01:06 AM
Prostyle Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN: ImpalaDude

Hey,

Note to people: this post is for information gathering i will not be insulting anyone on this baord or using bad language therefore a note to people that post, i would prefer you retain from this type of attitude so this thread is not closed the racing will be at a track by the way and not the streets

Impala: I was just wondering where you lived in tx. if you live close to this area i have no problem going to a track and meeting you there and have a friendly race Stock CL-S vs. Stock Impala SS and get to the bottem of which board is right and forget about this and talk about cars cuz that is what we are here to do.

Later,
Dantes

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: Dantes ]
Old 08-19-2001, 02:27 AM
Racer

WORD! Squash that troll...uhh..i mean fellow car enthusiast.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:35 AM
Evil Bob Knieval

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
well i whoop my buddies IMPY all the time. and he has so much shit in his (full length headers, suspension, blah blah blah. his best time was a 15.05 which was great. heavy as hell, but a ton of stuff he's done to his car.

and i do a 15.0 no problem. so unless you've done some major stuff to you car, then the IMPY will be just another car on my kill list.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:37 AM
Racer

mad race's
Old 08-19-2001, 01:34 PM
Banned

Go for it! Shove it up that UAW Communist ass!
Old 08-19-2001, 02:42 PM
Banned

Hmm... a no-show.

Figures.

All talk and no substance.

Old 08-19-2001, 02:44 PM
Prostyle Owner

Originally posted by autoxCLS:
<STRONG>Hmm... a no-show.

Figures.

All talk and no substance.

</STRONG>
yea...but it has only been like 12 hours....
remember he isn;t offically missing until 24.... stupid cop excuse
Old 08-19-2001, 03:08 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Scorpius. How crude, how demeaning, how wrong can you be? Your last remark here offends me. Why? I have 30 years in the machinist union. I am only blue collar, but the union has given me higher wages, benefits, and future retirement monies that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Having worked union and non-union shops this is an absolutely true statement. Also, my wife is the president of the teachers union. She runs a department for the community college and does her union job mostly gratis. She arranges benefits, charities, and drives for those having problems, emergencies, and needing help or advice, or steerage. The communist thing. I did two tours in Vietnam. We (those in power) didn't do it right, I know that. Even now I would go to any place on earth to stop anybody whose first plan is to kill journalist, academics, union supporters, teachers, intellectuals, free thinkers, etc. That's how I saw it, I went to help, politics didn't mean a thing to me. Rarely have I said these things before and certainly not to a group of more than one. But I am getting so disappointed and tired of quick, flip remarks by people whose main concerns are getting laid, and the wheel of the week. Where are the few females who used to post here? The crudeness and anything for a chuckle group ran them off. If all this offends you scorpius or whomever, so what, I'm offended too. I dont mean to catagorize you on one statement, but this has been bothering me for a while now. This site has been going from something of a revelation to a jokefest. Flame me? I don't care. I'll possibly not come back to find out. Sieze ya.
Old 08-19-2001, 03:08 PM
Unemployed BUM

Originally posted by impaladude:
<STRONG>impaladude

Member # 2040
posted 08-18-2001 03:16 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ha Im just messing with you guys. I agree that the Impala SS is not that great. Well it was when I was a kid. But now that im grown and intelligent, I own a Stang. But the TL is a nice car. Maybe when I can afford it. Got to stick with domestics till I get a better job you know. I had to post that since im getting so many TL stories.
Enjoy your car and wax them SS's.
</STRONG>
FYI everyone, he was just messing around.

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: friendlydacat ]
Old 08-19-2001, 03:12 PM
Prostyle Owner

come now BC and Scorpius let's all calm down and think about the world today and how lovely it is

thanks friendlydacat for the newsflash
Old 08-19-2001, 04:23 PM
Banned

Sorry for the OT. Move to ramblings, perhaps?

Well, I hope you do come back, because I have something to say about this. (Surpsise, huh? ) And BTW - if you don't come back just because of one person's opinionated free-speach response, you probably won't hang around here very long in general.

I have a lot of respect for all Unionized and non-unionized shops, however:

I'd worked as a consultant for a number of years until a year ago when I got my current job (Network Security Engineer at an ISP). In the 4 years I worked as an in-house consultant for an outsourcing firm (meaning I was salaried, but I traveled to the locations we outsourced to be a "4th level" tech), I worked in both unionized and non-unionized shops, so I would say I had a good idea of how both worked.

In every case, the Unionized shops were crass, uncaring, 9-to-5 what's-in-it-for-me employees. Every case. Now granted, in some of the Union shops, there were a few that really cared about the place, but in general, most workers were there for a paycheck and whatever they could do to minimize their effort, they would do.

Believe me, I understand how someone can be like that - I often feel like doing the least possible!

But then I remember: If I don't put in extra effort, and make my workplace the best I can, my employer might suffer, my raises will suffer, and my career will suffer.

IMHO, Union shops seem to cater to the laziest of workers when it comes to employee protection, equal salary, and career advancement. Just because one has worked for a company for 10 years does NOT make them the best or most qualified candidate for a senior position.

Realize, I understand that there are internal procedures that are supposed to discipline these lazy workers, but often times, the union leaders are the laziest of the bunch! (In my experience, that is).

I'm all about empowering workers. I'm all about fair pay. However, it seems that a hard-working person with a good work ethic and good communication skills can make a great living in a non-union world just by trying hard and working hard. Why do we need unions?

P.S. My experience is limited to ISPs and IT shops, so your response is likely to show the difference between the dot-com world and the white-collar workers. Again - don't take this personally! It's just a discussion!

Originally posted by BC:
<STRONG>Scorpius. How crude, how demeaning, how wrong can you be? Your last remark here offends me. Why? I have 30 years in the machinist union. I am only blue collar, but the union has given me higher wages, benefits, and future retirement monies that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. Having worked union and non-union shops this is an absolutely true statement. Also, my wife is the president of the teachers union. She runs a department for the community college and does her union job mostly gratis. She arranges benefits, charities, and drives for those having problems, emergencies, and needing help or advice, or steerage. The communist thing. I did two tours in Vietnam. We (those in power) didn't do it right, I know that. Even now I would go to any place on earth to stop anybody whose first plan is to kill journalist, academics, union supporters, teachers, intellectuals, free thinkers, etc. That's how I saw it, I went to help, politics didn't mean a thing to me. Rarely have I said these things before and certainly not to a group of more than one. But I am getting so disappointed and tired of quick, flip remarks by people whose main concerns are getting laid, and the wheel of the week. Where are the few females who used to post here? The crudeness and anything for a chuckle group ran them off. If all this offends you scorpius or whomever, so what, I'm offended too. I dont mean to catagorize you on one statement, but this has been bothering me for a while now. This site has been going from something of a revelation to a jokefest. Flame me? I don't care. I'll possibly not come back to find out. Sieze ya.</STRONG>
Old 08-19-2001, 07:29 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by autoxCLS:
<STRONG>Sorry for the OT. Move to ramblings, perhaps?

Well, I hope you do come back, because I have something to say about this. (Surpsise, huh? ) And BTW - if you don't come back just because of one person's opinionated free-speach response, you probably won't hang around here very long in general.

I have a lot of respect for all Unionized and non-unionized shops, however:

I'd worked as a consultant for a number of years until a year ago when I got my current job (Network Security Engineer at an ISP). In the 4 years I worked as an in-house consultant for an outsourcing firm (meaning I was salaried, but I traveled to the locations we outsourced to be a "4th level" tech), I worked in both unionized and non-unionized shops, so I would say I had a good idea of how both worked.

In every case, the Unionized shops were crass, uncaring, 9-to-5 what's-in-it-for-me employees. Every case. Now granted, in some of the Union shops, there were a few that really cared about the place, but in general, most workers were there for a paycheck and whatever they could do to minimize their effort, they would do.

Believe me, I understand how someone can be like that - I often feel like doing the least possible!

But then I remember: If I don't put in extra effort, and make my workplace the best I can, my employer might suffer, my raises will suffer, and my career will suffer.

IMHO, Union shops seem to cater to the laziest of workers when it comes to employee protection, equal salary, and career advancement. Just because one has worked for a company for 10 years does NOT make them the best or most qualified candidate for a senior position.

Realize, I understand that there are internal procedures that are supposed to discipline these lazy workers, but often times, the union leaders are the laziest of the bunch! (In my experience, that is).

I'm all about empowering workers. I'm all about fair pay. However, it seems that a hard-working person with a good work ethic and good communication skills can make a great living in a non-union world just by trying hard and working hard. Why do we need unions?

P.S. My experience is limited to ISPs and IT shops, so your response is likely to show the difference between the dot-com world and the white-collar workers. Again - don't take this personally! It's just a discussion!

</STRONG>
I think someone should look back at what labor was like prior to unions. The way a person works (or doesn't) is not due to the presence or non presense of a union. What the union causes is guidle lines and security nets for its members, sometimes this can be harmful to work, but I think not often.

[ 08-19-2001: Message edited by: empeters ]