Anyone Regrets Buying a CL-P over a CL-S??

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2001, 02:14 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Regrets Buying a CL-P over a CL-S??

Just got my CL-P last month...I'm happy with it...but it seems I'm the only one with a CL-P...sometimes I have this nagging thought..should I have splurged and gotten a CL-S...any thoughts from fellow CL-P owners?
Old 07-18-2001, 02:20 AM
Racer

I get the same thing.. but I am really happy to have any CL. My mom wanted to get me a used grand am.. I dont know how i lucked out with this car . anyways.. i still like the interior better on the P than the S and i still get in plenty of trouble with the 225 horses under the hood. So I am as happy as anyone could possibly be and yes I love my CL-P!
Old 07-18-2001, 02:45 AM
Instructor

I got my CL-P in the beginning of May and I couldn't be happier. I test drove both but I couldn't justify spending the extra $$$ for the 35 hp. (See my sig for why.) I actually like the ride of the Premium better, considering most of my driving is done on the streets of DC. The ebony leather interior looks better with the mahogany/burlwood trim, in my opinion. I just couldn't get past the bowling alley feel of the Type S.

All in all, even with some of the minor quality issues I've had, I'm extremely pleased with my choice. Even if it perpetuates the myth that only women and older people purchase the -P.
I certainly don't drive like an old woman though...hee hee.

-Maria
Old 07-18-2001, 02:52 AM
Racer

Regrets? Hmm, yea, only that I didnt get it earier! I am totally happy with the CLP, especially mine is $4000 cheaper than a CLS due to last one that they want to push away, plus some hook ups, but anyway, other than price wise, I am absoluly happy with the car.

Yes, as many CLS people will say, TypeS is better, bla bla bla... Well true, they are more power, but my situation is a parent's get it or not thing.

Performance wise... Well I have CAI, Pulleys, Denso plugs, those are some cheap mods, but it does make a BIG different. I ran with my friend's TL-S stock, we ran 6 runs, I won 5, and lost 1 (CLS guys, its true, pls don't pull the BS flag). I ran the track on a cooler night in Houston... ran a 14.86... and my slowest run was 15.13 which was a 95 degree and 95% humidity... So I am pretty happy with the time....

Yes, it's NOT going to be as fast as TypeS with same mods, BUT others than power and rims which are the most obvious different.... I am totally happy with my car, also the more I drive, the more I feel its worth it... Compare to Solara and Maxima Loaded cost more than a 3.2CL, it's the best choice...

TypeS are great car too, sportier, faster... So TypeS guys, pls dun think that I am saying CLP are better, NOT AT ALL (Cuz I know someone will think that), cuz this happened everytime, someone will pop up and say CLS are better or something!
Old 07-18-2001, 04:09 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by LarryB:
<STRONG>I get the same thing.. but I am really happy to have any CL. My mom wanted to get me a used grand am.. I dont know how i lucked out with this car . anyways.. i still like the interior better on the P than the S and i still get in plenty of trouble with the 225 horses under the hood. So I am as happy as anyone could possibly be and yes I love my CL-P!</STRONG>
ive never seen the interior of the cl-p, could someone tell me the difference between the p and s interior?
Old 07-18-2001, 09:48 AM
Advanced

I'm completely happy with the CL-p instead of the CL-s. I was thinking about the CL-s when I was shopping, but didn't have the extra money at the time and I honestly don't think I'm missing anything. A little less power. Oh well. (I had a 98SS Camaro so even the S is underpowered vs that car) A little less handling? Oh well. I use mine as a daily driver, not a racer. A little less money so I can put it towards a real stereo?
Old 07-18-2001, 11:22 AM
What, me worry?

Location: Carrollton, tx. land of heaving pavement & revenue generating pigs.
It's almost like buying a computer, you make your decision and never look back. They're always coming up with something new or better. I wish we had a choice between performance tires and touring tires. I like the CL-P interior better and don't really miss the power (previously had a bmw 540). I'm not a drag racer. My style is to outwit the other driver by choosing the better lane/timing to get ahead. This doesn't require loads of power, just skill. A skilled driver will beat and unskilled driver with more power any day. Plus I wanted the blue and the CL-S didn't come in it at the time.
Old 07-18-2001, 11:24 AM
Intermediate

I'm quite happy with my clp. It cost me 27k w/o the navi. I almost purchased the typeS but I used the extra money to upgrade my home
theater system. I'm happy I did...