ANYONE here tired this for X-tra power???!?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2003, 10:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ANYONE here tired this for X-tra power???!?!

hey guys, so i get back from my buddy's house and im checkin out his new mod...the HKS circle earth system,...its some type of grounding wires which provides a more consistent surge of power throughout all the drivetrain components in the engine...Hes got a GS3, and in the engine bay, isee something hooked up to the battery and wires throughout...Im not exactly sure how it works, but maybe some of u have heard of it...I was skeptical at first, but when i drove his car, i was amazed...The throttle was much much more responsive, and the car felt quicker off the line...when flooring it, there was no usual lag that is normally present...everything seemed to move a bit more faster and smoother....I swear, ther is somthing behind that kit...and for $125, it doesnt seem much....

Have any of u tried it? or know more about it? As i understand, it will work on any car...there is a universal kit.

heres the link

http://www.hksusa.com/products/?id=1506&rsku=0

let me kno what u think
Old 02-10-2003, 10:50 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: ANYONE here tired this for X-tra power???!?!

Originally posted by mr. big
hey guys, so i get back from my buddy's house and im checkin out his new mod...the HKS circle earth system,...its some type of grounding wires which provides a more consistent surge of power throughout all the drivetrain components in the engine...Hes got a GS3, and in the engine bay, isee something hooked up to the battery and wires throughout...Im not exactly sure how it works, but maybe some of u have heard of it...I was skeptical at first, but when i drove his car, i was amazed...The throttle was much much more responsive, and the car felt quicker off the line...when flooring it, there was no usual lag that is normally present...everything seemed to move a bit more faster and smoother....I swear, ther is somthing behind that kit...and for $125, it doesnt seem much....

Have any of u tried it? or know more about it? As i understand, it will work on any car...there is a universal kit.

heres the link

let me kno what u think
alot of guys on the Z boards are doing this and they swear by it. It really doesn't make more power, but it supposedly makes the the car feel alot smoother throughout the power band. Something about it helping the ECU to process faster and more efficiently. Do a search on www.my350z.com for it. They have step by step instructions for making your own kit; alot cheaper than buying one retail. I'll probably get one installed when it warms up outside. Looks easy enough.
Old 02-10-2003, 10:54 PM
Burning Brakes

heres another link to read up more about it...
http://www.sunautomobile.com/hypergr...em/hgs_pro.htm
Old 02-10-2003, 11:00 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
hmm..i'm not buyin a 5hp gain..until i see a real dyno from someone not associated with the people selling em. Maybe EricL or Scalbert might be able to shed some light on this one?
Old 02-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Burning Brakes

yea...if u guys are reading, please post some advice here...thanks in advance
Old 02-11-2003, 06:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: ANYONE here tired this for X-tra power???!?!

Originally posted by mr. big

heres the link

For just $100 I'll pass my magic wand over your engine and mumble some special words.*** I will guarantee exactly the same horsepower gain as this thing.

I can also sell you the little airflow thingy that will get you 40 mpg more than you get now.

***Special words -- PT Barnum had it right, there's one born every minute.

let me kno what u think
Old 02-11-2003, 06:58 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
from what i understand it only works on the stick 350Z because of some problem. It does not work on the automatics. My cuousin wanted to do this and asked me about it (bought a 350Z and knows jack shit about cars!) i looked into it and it seemed like bullshit to me. I don't remember the details but f remember the manual cars having some kinda grounding problem and thats why it worked.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:59 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: ANYONE here tired this for X-tra power???!?!

Originally posted by zeroday
alot of guys on the Z boards are doing this and they swear by it. It really doesn't make more power, but it supposedly makes the the car feel alot smoother throughout the power band. Something about it helping the ECU to process faster and more efficiently. Do a search on www.my350z.com for it. They have step by step instructions for making your own kit; alot cheaper than buying one retail. I'll probably get one installed when it warms up outside. Looks easy enough.
I saw there as well. Sounds like a good idea, easy mod. Hard to say if it really makes a difference, or you imagine it.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:47 AM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Yep, Scalbert or "E" needs to chime in on this one.

Originally posted by zeroday
hmm..i'm not buyin a 5hp gain..until i see a real dyno from someone not associated with the people selling em. Maybe EricL or Scalbert might be able to shed some light on this one?
Old 02-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: Re: Re: ANYONE here tired this for X-tra power???!?!

Originally posted by Bluto
I saw there as well. Sounds like a good idea, easy mod. Hard to say if it really makes a difference, or you imagine it.
well, its funny cuz i drove my buddy's GS after, and the car actually felt smoother, lighter, and more responsive....i also have a GS so i noticed the difference between mine and his...that car is auto as well
Old 02-11-2003, 10:52 AM
Racer

it works there is an artical in one of the sport compact mags about a couple of months ago (cant rember which one but i have it at home) where they do dynos up to (7-9 hp on some cars) but you need to experiment to see which way is a better ground and its dif for every car, so you need to be at a dyno and test to see which is better.