Anyone have the install instructions for the AVelectronics kit?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 02:16 PM
aqj
Who ya gonna call?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have the install instructions for the AVelectronics kit?

SO I am set to do the install today on the NAV-TV Conversion, when I realized the kit I bought off a user here, didn't have the printed instructions. Does anyone have a copy they can email or fax to me? If so, email me at jakaman007@yahoo.com

I do have the DIY instructions from Bui's website, but I just wanted to make sure I am not missing anything since this is my first time installing.

ALSO, does anyone think its worth using expensive RCA cables for this? I figure the video quality is limited by the converters signal, so having better cables would not make a difference.
Old 11-16-2004, 12:12 PM
aqj
Who ya gonna call?

Anyone out there that can help??

I tried the install last nite and am only getting a white screen when I switch over to the Avelectronics box. The only thing I didn't connect was the reverse cable, since I don't plan on using it. I grounded the handbrake cable.

I also noticed the green light is always on regardless of what I do with the remote. It would flicker on and off, but I think that is due to a loose connection, since I got it to stay on no that I pluged the connector in a certain way. (I'm actually not sure if the remote is even working since this thing isn't doing anything)

Any help would be appreciated, My car is totally gutted out right now!!!
Old 11-16-2004, 12:39 PM
COME AT ME BRO!

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
im guessing u have a dvd player for it... is it the plug and play model or the one u have to cut the wires. if its the plug and play all u should have to do is unplug the wire from the navi and plug it in the ave box. u might need a switch so u can switch back and forth from navi to the dvd player. post pics if you can of what u have that might help
Old 11-16-2004, 05:29 PM
aqj
Who ya gonna call?

Yes, I do have a DVD player connected and it is the plug and play model. And this unit does have the switch and I can switch from NAv to the tuner, but when I switch to the tuner, i get a white screen. The remote doesnt respond, so im not sure if the box is faulty, the remote isnt working, or i installed something wrong. I will play with it tonite and try to get pics if possible tomorrow

Originally Posted by evilone
im guessing u have a dvd player for it... is it the plug and play model or the one u have to cut the wires. if its the plug and play all u should have to do is unplug the wire from the navi and plug it in the ave box. u might need a switch so u can switch back and forth from navi to the dvd player. post pics if you can of what u have that might help
Old 11-16-2004, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a plug n play model, correct? What wires are not PnP?
Old 11-16-2004, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i used to have the kit myself, there should be 3 or 4 wires that aren't plug and play

power, ground, e-brake, and reverse(camera)

mayke sure the remote and IR sensor are plugged in correctly since there are actually 2 spots where you can plug the IR sensor into which would case it not to work