Anyone have experiences with Gatorland Acura (Gainesville)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 11:17 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have experiences with Gatorland Acura (Gainesville)

Well I got an oil change there a few weeks ago and the place is pretty nice. The oil change was like $25 compared to $33 in south florida!!! Anyways they didnt seem to be to intelligent.....

When I walked in the service guy sat in my car for mileage so he obviously saw the car, and when I was filling out the information he said so thats an Rl you have, Im like no, then he goes oh a TL, and im like no its a CL. He goes oh I dont see many of those around here.

Anyhow, after the oil change is done I ask their policies regarding modifications, they didnt even realize I was modded, and on the lift the tech had to see my springs/shocks/sways and headers, and intake when doing an oil change. wtf?

So they tell me their policy regarding modifications isnt up to the dealership but up to Acura themselves. So I said if I have a problem needed to be fixed under warranty will you do it for me with my modifications since Palm Beach Acura has a modification is no problem policy. She said its up to Acura, and so did the tech guy so that made no sense.

SO THE MAIN QUESTION IS: With the lack of knowledge the guys seem to have about the Cl, do you think it would be safe for me to take it in to get my headlights replaced for condensation, a 30k mile service, and the oil jet recall, I mean any tech should be able to do this correct, it seems basic?
Old 10-14-2004, 11:42 PM
Beware of leakage

Well I can say my dealer doesn't have lack of knowledge, they just lack common sense.
Dunno man, kinda sketchy. Sounds like something I would not be shocked to hear at my dealership .
Old 10-15-2004, 01:41 AM
Banned

Well I got an oil change there a few weeks ago and the place is pretty nice. The oil change was like $25 compared to $33 in south florida!!! Anyways they didnt seem to be to intelligent
@ Rick case SFLA an oil change has always been $19 + 10% off with the rewards card
Old 10-15-2004, 09:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
oil change at my dealership is $23.99 but they tack on like $2.35 for "shop supplies recovery"!? anyone know what that is?

i dont mind since i take advantage of their free bottled water and cookies
Old 10-15-2004, 09:51 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Renegade, I'm up here in Gainesville and go there from time to time. Were you speaking with Joe Cabrera. His the guy that is ALWAYS there and i'm sure he is the service manager. I asked him the same thing about mods a couple months ago. He basically said if something breaks, then they would have to determine if it was because of the modification or not...and then go from there. Otherwise, he said do what you want to the car and enjoy it. I don't think he likes to give you answers to questions that are speculative or circumstancial. He's basically saying, once it happens, then we'll deal with it. Don't speak to anyone other than Joe about that stuff. They're good about work. He also knows a lot more about stuff w/Acuras too because he does a lot of stuff online as well. I had them do a 4-wheel alignment (after another place did the spring install), and with a coupon it was $59! But watch out because they will wash your even after a little repair or service, so just say no to the car was
Old 10-15-2004, 01:23 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
So you think they are good for me to bring my car into them for all the work i listed above? The only person I saw working there was Sharon (woman service advisor) and there was a guy who was sitting next to her, but he seemed like he was new, he just wrote down all my information and then gave it to sharon. So I guess the day I went in maybe Joe wasnt there?? Did you ask them about the oil jet recall or get it done there?