anyone got LoJack?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 06:10 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
anyone got LoJack?

anyone here got lojack on their car?

if so, how much is it? i went to lojacks website, but they dont have pricing info.

my boys gs430 got jacked last nite by some professionals....so i am considering getting lojack.

i've heard that lojack sucks and ive heard that its good...any opinions?
Old 07-31-2002, 06:50 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I got LoJack for mine for $595. I have heard nothing but good things about it so I figured what the hell...
Old 07-31-2002, 07:16 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I paid about $600 also. It was the only 'extra' I purchased with my car.

I'm doing a cut & paste on something I've posted before:

I know personally of three success stories (all from the West LA area):
  • One that resulted in the quick return (within 3 hours) of a Porsche Carerra and the arrest of the perpetrator (the dude parked it in his girlfiend's driveway ). The only damage was to the door lock.
  • One that resulted in the quick return (about 24 hours) of a Toyota Camry. No arrest. It was parked at a large parking lot presumably waiting to see if it had Lo/Jack.
  • One that was a Volkswagen Cabriolet - female driver assaulted at gunpoint, car driven away. Perp got arrested because of Lo/Jack equipped car (within 1 hour). Car returned undamaged.

With Lo/Jack so common, a lot of 'professional' thieves will just drive the stolen vehicle to a mall parking lot for 24-48 hours to see if it gets tracked before they take it to their chop shop (or whatever). The result is return of (typically) a minimally damaged car.

It took little to convince me that Lo/Jack is a good idea. It doesn't seem like the criminals have figured out how to outsmart the Lo/Jack system (it doesn't activate until you report the car stolen, hence supposedly not detectabe with a scanner). Lo/Jack has been on the national market for more then a decade - should have been more then enough time for the 'professional' criminal to figure out.
I think for installation and a quote you just need to call Lo/Jack. They'll send an 'authorized' van out to your house to install it. Takes about 20 minutes.

I like the idea that this device has the potential not only to get your car back but also to catch the thief and put him/her in prison hopefully to get ass-raped for a long time!!

Is the Lo/Jack a guarantee that you'll get your car back - of course not. But there is a money promise ($5000) that they include with the device (I think you have to pay a little more for maximum coverage though):
WARRANTY PRODUCTS FOR YOUR VEHICLE

LoJack with Guarantee Plus 5000*- Not Available in New York
Get $2,500 back if your vehicle is not recovered within 30 days and get $2,500 toward the replacement of your new vehicle from your dealer.

PROTECTION PLUS*- Available in New York only
Get up to $2,050 insurance coverage and a 5-year warranty.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:42 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh yeah, another thing that I found out from the installer (who drove out to my work to install it!)... they put it in a different spot in every vehicle so the criminal never knows where it is going to be... trunk, under dash, under seat, right, left... etc. I thought that was pretty cool. Makes it harder to disable even if they KNOW your car has Lo-Jack...
Old 07-31-2002, 08:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 708 Likes on 550 Posts
yeah, I got one.... I am getting small discount on my car insurance also, so in 5-6 years it could pay for itself.
Its hard to say if its a good idea to have it, some people argue that its better never to find your car once its stolen....
but on the other hand you will lose money cause insurance will pay book value for stolen car, and book value sucks since you paid more money for it when it was new....
I guess it depends on how badly your car is damaged.... sometimes stolen cars with lo-jack are found in perfect shape with very little miles... but you never know...