Anyone ever think of this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 01:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone ever think of this?

I'm kinda new to the forum. Picked up my 01 cls about a month ago. Just picked up my AEM cai. install is later today.

Well my question involves both the warped rotor issue and rim scrapping issue. I've read through the forum about the rotors warping and the rims with curb rash. Has anyone thought the rims could cause the rotor warping issue. I read somewhere that an excessive cooling of a rotor can cause it to warp.

Maybe the protruding rims were originally designed to collect air into the wheel area to cool off the brakes. They might be working 2 good causing the rotors to cool off quickly and warp. Correct me if i'm wrong, I'm new to this.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:02 PM
Pro

Nope. Warping is caused by too much heat retention in the pads and or rotor, then when it cools, it doesnt cool evenly (since the pads are always covering some portion of the rotor. There are techniques to minimize it but this is just a design flaw. I know those techniques from racing and I've still warped rotors. Some of the techniques are to stop short of your "target", then slowly creep towards your intended stopping point to expose the rotor evenly and not holding firmly on the brake once you've stopped.
Old 08-05-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by dgracer
just a design flaw.
Yeah, they're a of piece shit!
Old 08-08-2005, 11:54 AM
I need FI

the stock rotors are suck... however, even after rotora rotors and a nice 1500km break 'in period, they are starting to become more and more warped.

next are brembo rotors slotted/drilled for even cheaper than the rotoras!