Any suggestions for a "tinted film" that I could place over road lamps to darken them

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2003, 09:42 PM
JZ
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestions for a "tinted film" that I could place over road lamps to darken them

I was looking at the front of the CL on the long term review and I think the road lamps and headlights make the car look a bit dated for some reason. I will shortly have the 03 headlights and I'm in the process of trying to "black out" the whole car.

I was wondering if you anyone has any ideas of some type of film that could be cut and placed over the roadlamps to tint them. Do you think auto tint would work. Do you think I could just buy the autotint from Pepboys and do this myself? I don't think it would be noticable enough to look ghetto.

I'm thinking about gunmetaling the rims this summer, and adding the 03 headlights; the grill is already totally black. If I had my way, I'd even like to get the chrome around the windows and the door handles blacked out.

Any suggestions?
Old 01-31-2003, 10:28 PM
What, me drive fast?

I have an 03 CL-s and I was aways jealous of those that have road lamps since the 2003 model doesn't have them. Maybe I want what I don't have? Granted, they are useless and just for show...so why darken them? I can see trying to make them WHITE as opposed to "yellow-ish" like a regular bulb is but...black them out? Just take them out!

After saying that, maybe making them white to match the HID headlights and then adding tint to match the slight tint in the 03 lights....

Dammit...I'm no help.
Old 01-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Safety Car

Re: Any suggestions for a "tinted film" that I could place over road lamps to darken them

Originally posted by JZ
I was looking at the front of the CL on the long term review and I think the road lamps and headlights make the car look a bit dated for some reason. I will shortly have the 03 headlights and I'm in the process of trying to "black out" the whole car.

I was wondering if you anyone has any ideas of some type of film that could be cut and placed over the roadlamps to tint them. Do you think auto tint would work. Do you think I could just buy the autotint from Pepboys and do this myself? I don't think it would be noticable enough to look ghetto.

I'm thinking about gunmetaling the rims this summer, and adding the 03 headlights; the grill is already totally black. If I had my way, I'd even like to get the chrome around the windows and the door handles blacked out.

Any suggestions?

Man, us NBP owners must think alike... I am not sure about adding the smoked headlights yet, but I love the monocolor grill and have thought about NBP color matching the emblems "A" and "ACURA" on the back a lot lately... Didn't you put HIDs in the roadlamps, ya you've got brightness to spare down there, tint them out I say

I have seen headlight tints on sites such as www.nextcollection.com , but is this a durable product to withstand rocks?? hmmm
Old 02-01-2003, 12:03 AM
Safety Car

I think you would have to heat the sealant, open the road lamp case, and apply headlight smoked spray tint, like this:

Old 02-01-2003, 02:49 AM
Advanced

damn! i thought about the same thing too. .

i have a blk/blk and my car is being repainted, bumpers hood trunk side panels and was planning to smoke the rear lights and the roadlamps but then i thought it would look gay at night if the roadlamps didnt light at all since they are already dim so if they were tinted it would look worse like those tinted nightlights you would have in your bathroom.
Old 02-01-2003, 02:53 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
www.foliatec.de

thousand films/sprays/etc..
Old 02-02-2003, 07:48 PM
Suzuka Master

jz why not just take them out and use the 03 inserts. I did that.
Old 02-02-2003, 08:06 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Any suggestions for a "tinted film" that I could place over road lamps to darken them

Yeah, I can get you the same deal I got Joe on them. Actually you can get it yourself since you know the same connection.
Old 08-25-2003, 03:54 AM
Cars are an addiction

Hey. I found a great way to tint the roadlamps without causing any light loss. Hop onto my thread for the pics and what i used.
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...hreadid=111508