Another Tinting Question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002, 09:33 PM
160k and counting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Tinting Question...

Alright, I live in jersey, and in our fine state, there a fun little law that says you can't tint the front driver's and passenger's windows. I don't feel like getting pulled over every time I pass a cop, but I want to tint the windows.....

Do I tint just the rear side windows and the back?? Does that look just too terrible?

I had a cherokee, all black, and the front side windows weren't tinted and it looked great. But b/c the rear side windows are bigger, i think that helped.
Thoughts?
Old 08-28-2002, 09:49 PM
3rd Gear

This may be a 6 degrees of tinteration, but in AZ we have tinting regulations on darkness levels. Does your code totally ban tint or can you get away w/ a slightly lighter and legally acceptable level of tint? It might be worth investigating. Of course, in AZ it's sadistic to ban tinting but still, the driver's and front passenger windows can't be very dark. Beside, if you're one to fly by everyone, no one willnotice the variance.
Old 08-28-2002, 10:13 PM
160k and counting

Check your state's tint laws here

IN Jersey, we aren't allowed ANY TINT to be applied to the front windows. You can get away with a little, little tiny bit, but my friends who have tinted the front windows found that the"attention" they received from local and state police DRASTICALLY increased.

Coincidentally, so did the number of moving vioations they received...

PLus, why would I throw a little tiny bit on the front windows and then toss 20 on the sides and back?

I just can't decide if it would look really bad with no tint on the sides...bad enough that I would be wasting my time to tint the back??? hmmmm
Old 08-28-2002, 11:54 PM
TRELOS

Ok would this work: What if u registered the car in a different state, and then had the car tinted. Well what would be the down sides? If NY don't have any tinting laws then I would think that this would work, or another state for example, but still.

Juker008
Old 08-29-2002, 12:14 AM
7th Gear

The problem with that is. It doesn't matter what state your car is from. You must abide to the law in your current country, state, county, town/city, road, etc...

It would be like having a washington ave. in both NY and NJ. You get pulled over in NY for speeding on washington ave. And you tell the cop, well the washington ave. in NJ is 55, and this is 45.

I have gotten pulled over in NY for having a white vinyl strip across the top of my windshield on my old car. The cop said I had 48 hrs to take it off or I can pay the ticket. However, I am from NJ, car is registered in NJ, and I have never gotten pulled over for it. (I fail inspection, but that is another story)
Old 08-30-2002, 05:36 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by 03CLtypeS
The problem with that is. It doesn't matter what state your car is from. You must abide to the law in your current country, state, county, town/city, road, etc...
Yes, true. But that would only apply to the city/state that u reside in. I wouldn't expect to have to remove my car from the road because that state doesn't allow lowered vehicles.

It would be like having a washington ave. in both NY and NJ. You get pulled over in NY for speeding on washington ave. And you tell the cop, well the washington ave. in NJ is 55, and this is 45.
Ok I hear ur side. But in terms of that example speed is an adjustable factor. U could easly prevent urself/vehicle from speeding, but not from being able to remove an illegal item off ur vehicle.

I have gotten pulled over in NY for having a white vinyl strip across the top of my windshield on my old car. The cop said I had 48 hrs to take it off or I can pay the ticket. However, I am from NJ, car is registered in NJ, and I have never gotten pulled over for it. (I fail inspection, but that is another story)
Ok lets me see if I understand this correctly. U recieved the ticket and was told that if u remove the strip from the windshield w/ in 48 hours that the ticket would then be cleared/dismissed. But is the strip illegal in ur state as well? If so well then....
But if not then I know that shit like that is FKin BS and a hassle. The only way I can think of in clearing the ticket and keeping the strip is to go to the court house and showing that the car is registered a different state that allows that sort of vehicle modification.

Juker008