Another race! 2 Blondes in a V6 5spd 99+ Stang! hehe

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2002, 03:43 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by MustangIsFaster
preference for me.. I don't like the way the Camaro looks, that an F-Body GM cars are known for their chassis problems. They have constant noise, rattles, etc.. It's been an issue for years, also when you sit in one it feels like you are sitting on the ground.
lol, every damn mustang I have been in had more chassis rattles, plastic noises than my friends 99 Z28 which was older.

lol
Old 08-20-2002, 03:51 PM
Wha Happened?

Thanks a lot SilverBullet...def helped me out...

from what the Southern Belle says, San Antonio is pretty cool...and probably has a lot of Mustangs...ha ha ha...or at least a lot of trucks..

not picking on the country, that's how it is where I grew up too...

but awesome...

shhhh...hear that? I think mustang boys ran away!!! :P

just kidding...i like this discussion guys!
Old 08-20-2002, 04:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by De03CLS
2000GTnoExtras:

can we compete? why do you think we are even having this conversation? do you think we would say anything if we didn't think we could compete...

our cars aren't really meant for the dragstrip though, they just happen to be pretty quick...
we'll never have a 11 sec luxury coupe...
but you can easily have an 11 sec Mustang...

however...we think stock vs. stock...based on experience on the streets...that we can compete...and give you a good run...

ya know the difference between a 6 sec 0-60 car and a 5.4 sec 0-60 car?

blink...hesitate...and the 6 sec car might have ya...

how old are you anyway?

~E
I typed up a big long argument addressing every point and I'm plain tired of it. We both need to go to strip and get some time slips. Experience on the street really doesn't mean anything.

How old do you think I am, do you want to confirm some stereo type about teenage mustang drivers?

I'm not a teenager.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:10 PM
Wha Happened?

Good point...I might take mine to the local strip just to find out...

I wasn't saying you were a teenager...i just wanted to find out if you were young...you seem young...

it's not an insult, i'm 23...i'm just checking to see who i'm talking to!

lets see if we can get some time slips from anyone !
Old 08-20-2002, 04:16 PM
Cruisin'

Sounds like a plan, I'm 21 BTW. This is my second mustang, had a 5.0 before. Anyway, I'm going to Las Vegas tomorrow morning, when I come back (Saturday) I'm going to Yosemite for backpacking action (50 miler!) and will be back in September. I know it's a few weeks but I will get those darn slips.

I need to justify the work I've done to my car and get some 13 sec slips to show for it. You know what, if I run in the 13s at all, I will be happy, I don't care an acura in the next lane blows my doors off.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:19 PM
9th Gear

Thanks to the 96-98 stangs all kinds of cars can beat a mustang
Now just because you go to another forum you think you can dis the ol' 98... hehe... j/k

shhhh...hear that? I think mustang boys ran away!!!
So THAT'S what you guys call it when I see you guys in my rear view mirror!!

Seriously...
03 GT to 03 CLS... not even speaking of the CL now...

Stock to stock, even drivers, the GT will win....
Mustang: Broader power band, much more torque, lighter weight

the stock gear ratios seem pretty comparable

Its magazine racing I know... but to be honest, I've never seen a CL or CLS at the track. And I don't usually play with anything less than 300 HP...
Old 08-21-2002, 01:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by 2000GTnoExtras

I've got a question for you, why did you buy a CL if you want to race mustangs or any cars for that matter? Do you really think you can compete?
first off i never said anything about trying to race a mustangs in my cl but, your probably right i should have bought a red or yellow mustang so i could be like you and every other fag and teenage girl out there who thinks that their mustang is a nice car, the fact is your car is a piece of shit its not fast especially for the size engine it has in it, it could have been tuned by a retard to get better performance out of it you have over a liter of displacement and 2 cylinders on a cls and no more horsepower there is something wrong there, the only mustangs i would ever own would be a mach one or a shelby gt 500 or maybe one of those cobra type rs other than that i wouldnt even be caught riding in one of those piece of shit joke american sports cars if you wanna race bring it and ill bring my turbo actually maybe ill trade in my turbo and buy 5 mustangs
Old 08-21-2002, 06:51 AM
2nd Gear

I typed up a big long argument addressing every point and I'm plain tired of it. We both need to go to strip and get some time slips. Experience on the street really doesn't mean anything.

How old do you think I am, do you want to confirm some stereo type about teenage mustang drivers?

I'm not a teenager.
I drive a Mustang and I'm only 17 and I bought my car, mommy and daddy didn't. They lent me money and I pay them back when I do. Difference is a 5.8L (351). I can't say I've raced an Acura CL yet, I raced an integra and he was left a good ways back.

Well I can't flame JakeCL cause he likes the Mach 1's but doesnt' stop me from telling him he doesn't know the difference between a hole in the ground and his ass. I'll let someone else beat you up for that comment, I gotta get my ass to work.

C-ya,
§am.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:48 AM
Banned

Originally posted by 1969Mach1

I drive a Mustang and I'm only 17 and I bought my car, mommy and daddy didn't. They lent me money and I pay them back when I do. Difference is a 5.8L (351). I can't say I've raced an Acura CL yet, I raced an integra and he was left a good ways back.

Well I can't flame JakeCL cause he likes the Mach 1's but doesnt' stop me from telling him he doesn't know the difference between a hole in the ground and his ass. I'll let someone else beat you up for that comment, I gotta get my ass to work.

C-ya,
§am.
Officially your parents bought your car because you do not make enough to have a car payment.

Officially you need to grow up, because you have a smart ass mouth for a 17 yr old kid.
Old 08-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Racer

alrighty then... getting out of hand this is your warning
Old 08-21-2002, 08:38 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by vinnydahitman
alrighty then... getting out of hand this is your warning
Vinny you have to admit these threads are funny. Everytime we race a car that is SUPPOSELY faster than the cls we get so many other forum members joining our conversations just to flame. Maybe luck on our side, good driver or scenario allows us to beat better displacement cars Never the less I luv ACL.com!!!!! Keep on :flamer: haha!
Old 08-21-2002, 05:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Another race! 2 Blondes in a V6 5spd 99+ Stang! hehe

I think the 260 HP from the new mustang is very impressive. The HP curve is broad. It can beat LT1 cars rated at 300HP. Also the mustang is not a muscle car. It is a pony car. A muscle car would be a GTO or Grand National. Also even though the Camaro/Trans Am has 320 HP, the mustang outsells the Camaro and Firebird combined! I'm sure most of these numbers are due to V-6 models of both the GM and Ford products.

You have pullies and headers and you think you can beat 99+ mustang GTs. I'm very confident with my few mods and 100% stock engine, I could take ya, Ever race an LT1?
ive beaten a ws6 and a z28 late modle to 70
Old 08-21-2002, 05:59 PM
9th Gear

ive beaten a ws6 and a z28 late modle to 70
Well actually, its not that hard to do....
I've seen many stock GT stangs do the same with a good driver and launch.

The LS1 engine in near stock form really doesn't start to "hit it" until about 50 or 60 mph....

The LS1 is much harder to launch without bogging than a stang.

Its in the second half of the 1/4 mile that you'll see an LS1 start to pull hard....

and as usual, a good driver can make up for a lot of car disadvantages too...
Old 08-21-2002, 07:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally posted by Hammer

Well actually, its not that hard to do....
I've seen many stock GT stangs do the same with a good driver and launch.

The LS1 engine in near stock form really doesn't start to "hit it" until about 50 or 60 mph....

The LS1 is much harder to launch without bogging than a stang.

Its in the second half of the 1/4 mile that you'll see an LS1 start to pull hard....

and as usual, a good driver can make up for a lot of car disadvantages too...
that's what ive been saying... the second half they go away quicly...but i race the 1/8th mile mostly out of convience ,but your friend stock GT2000 asked had i beaten an LT1 ...i can never keep straight ls1 ,lt1,ws6...so i said what i said...
Old 08-21-2002, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

I Have A Turbo as Well

I agree with The Jake who posted a response to some mentally handicapped Mustang owner(but then again, aren't they all). These people have the worst taste, yet think that for some reason their piece of garbage American made trash is worthy of my road. I say my road because when you own a 2002 Turbo, nothing will touch me, especially some rental car Mustang. My dream for America is that one day the idiots of the world, i.e. anyone that would spend a cent on a Mustang, would be obliterated in a fiery death. If you see me on my road-try and keep up with me-I like to have a nice laugh every now and then.
Old 08-21-2002, 10:52 PM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Originally posted by 1969Mach1

C-ya,
§am.

FUCAV8GT !!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2002, 08:58 AM
9th Gear

I agree with The Jake who posted a response to some mentally handicapped Mustang owner(but then again, aren't they all). These people have the worst taste, yet think that for some reason their piece of garbage American made trash is worthy of my road. I say my road because when you own a 2002 Turbo, nothing will touch me, especially some rental car Mustang. My dream for America is that one day the idiots of the world, i.e. anyone that would spend a cent on a Mustang, would be obliterated in a fiery death. If you see me on my road-try and keep up with me-I like to have a nice laugh every now and then.
Ummmm.... OK....

FUCAV8GT !!!!!!!!!!
I'll stick to women, thanks anyway....
But feel free to do whatever floats your boat....

Moderator: I think this thread has pretty much hit bottom, you might want to put it out of its misery.....
Old 08-22-2002, 09:03 AM
Wha Happened?

I agree...kill the thread..

now it's just a bunch of newbies:flamer:mustangs

KEEEL IT!