Another new Newbie here..and a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:47 PM
2003 Acura CL-P

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Another new Newbie here..and a question

So basically long story short I used to have a 2000 Honda Accord V6 Coupe until this happend in a 3 car pile up the day before thanksgiving on the way home from college...

and I searched high and low for a cl/tl type-s but it ended down comming to either a 2003 CL-P or a 1999 Suburban... so the choice became compellingly obvious...i chose the suburban.. haha JK so here are the pictures of my new to me CL-P... but personally i wish i could have the blue car in the background

So this thread won't be a complete waste... i have been having problems with my radio since i got the car... when i turn the volume knob to increase or decrease the volume, the volume fluctuates up and down... also when i try increasing/decreasing the volume using the steering wheel controls, sometimes the radio station channel changes through the programmed presets... i tried to search to see if this was a common problem but found no information.. any ideas guys? Thanks for your help in advance

oh yea its a 2003 CL-P bone stock (for now ) no nav
Old 01-02-2008, 03:12 PM
2003 Acura CL-P

ok well i kept searching and found this thread

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=190541

i guess ill give it a try when i get around to going to radioshack.. also i read there was a TSB or something for the steering wheel radio controls.. since the car is out of factory warranty, is there any way i can still get the dealership to fix it? mind you i bought the vehicle from an Acura Dealership last monday...
Old 01-02-2008, 03:26 PM
Advanced

Welcome to to the crew. Sorry to see that accord like that, I too had a 98 accord coupe and still miss it very much! Do you have any plans on modding your new cl-p? If you had any bolt ons for the accord I hope you kept them! They can come in handy!
Old 01-02-2008, 03:56 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Welcome aboard! You'll have fun if you stick around the 2nd Gen CL forum.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:58 PM
1st Gear

ya man when i try to increase volume on my 99cl it changes the radio station...just get aftermarket and dont worry about it lol
Old 01-02-2008, 08:01 PM
2003 Acura CL-P

Originally Posted by 3.2quadCLS
Welcome to to the crew. Sorry to see that accord like that, I too had a 98 accord coupe and still miss it very much! Do you have any plans on modding your new cl-p? If you had any bolt ons for the accord I hope you kept them! They can come in handy!
thanks for the welcome

After thanksgiving, i went back to college station to watch the A&M vs. UT game and after that i had to study for finals. I told my dad to get the stuff off the car for me and all he brought back were 2 amplifiers and my subwoofer box... I had...HID's, headers, cai, and exhaust, and all the factory speakers (except tweeters) were replaced by pioneers... but all he brought were the 2 amplifiers and my subwoofer box he didnt even bring my rims!! It was too late to get anything off the car by the time i had finished finals (december 14 ish)

and of course i have plans to mod the cl-p, just no cash to do it with at the moment.. maybe this summer i will spoil her if i get a job

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S
Welcome aboard! You'll have fun if you stick around the 2nd Gen CL forum.
i've been browsing and reading around these forums and have learned tons of info! i think im going to like it here

Originally Posted by jbraamse08
ya man when i try to increase volume on my 99cl it changes the radio station...just get aftermarket and dont worry about it lol
so far about the erratic volume nob i tried that spray contact cleaner and it worked like a charm, i went ahead and made an appointment with the dealership tomm at 8am to see if i can get the steering wheel controls fixed as goodwill since i bought the car 8 days ago from the Acura dealership and the car is supposedly "Certified"

hopefully ill be able to afford an aftermarket headunit when i work in the summer and wont have to worry about them anymore
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 PM
eh

welcome and congrats on the new purchase!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:24 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey congrats on the new car. I bought an 03 CL-P about a month ago and love it. Mine seems to run fine. Everything works great and no tranny problems yet. I have just over 82,000 miles too. So if you don't mind my asking what did you pay for it and how many mile do you have? Sorry I don't have any answers for your questions but this forum should help alot. Enjoy the new ride....
Old 01-02-2008, 10:28 PM
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Very clean looking CL-P! Hell, I'd rather have a regular CL than my TL, at least it sporty looking. Congratulations.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:36 AM
2003 Acura CL-P

thanks all for the welcomes and compliments!
Originally Posted by BigJack75
So if you don't mind my asking what did you pay for it and how many mile do you have?
My car also has high miles on it... i bought with 83,840 miles on the clock. the dealership asked $13,900 +TTL initially, but my dad did the negotiating on the price and we bought it for $11,000 total drive out. Insurance gave me $10,023.19 for the totalled accord (that was hell, they tried to low ball us for $7000 ish) and i fronted the rest out of pocket.

I do have to say though the one good thing about the car is that it was bought new at the dealership and all the maintenance was done there, every oil change and major maintenance service from mile 1. The dealership gave me a printout of all the service they did for the car and the mileage is consistent for the service done in order. Only major things saw out of the ordinary scheduled maintenance was that the tranny was replaced at 69k miles, and at 1746 miles there was a recall or something done with a camshaft update, the timing belt, and water pump was changed for some reason.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Seems to me that car should have had a working stereo before they sold it to you. The fact that it was serviced there & bought there should help your case. I'd contact the dealer & ask them if they could fix it & point out the TSB on that problem.
If the dealer stand behind their cars & customers they should fix it.

And Welcome!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Back in an Ac!

hey, I JUST had that problem taken care of in my 03 S. I brought it back to the dealership and they told me there was a "service bulletin" for it. I would assume it was a quick fix because it was resoled quickly and I have not had a problem since.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:50 AM
SOLD: 03 SSM CLS Auto

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome! Another Aggie...will probably see you around town.

If the car was bought certified there should be at least a limited warranty (30 or 60 days), and that TSB for the steering wheel controls should be covered under that.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
140,000 miles young

Welcome to the club man, the CL looks good. Seems like you aren't a complete newb which is great lol. Hope to see you around the forum.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:19 AM
2003 Acura CL-P

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Seems to me that car should have had a working stereo before they sold it to you. The fact that it was serviced there & bought there should help your case. I'd contact the dealer & ask them if they could fix it & point out the TSB on that problem.
If the dealer stand behind their cars & customers they should fix it.

And Welcome!
well i guess the dealer, Vandergriff Acura in Arlington, Tx, does not stand behind their cars and customers. I had an appointment at 8AM this morning and they refused to fix it for me. The service advisor said it was at the discretion of the Sales Manager whether or not they would fix it because I bought the car like 8 days ago.

The sales manager said that since they sold me the car for "so cheap" that they would not cover the cost to fix the problem, as it is not a major problem or safety issue to the functioning of the vehicle. He said that if they fixed it, they would be taking a loss on the vehicle.

And apparently, certified means it is taken through a 75 point inspection, testing the main components of the car and I only have a 90 day warranty on the drive-train on the car. The fact that their is a TSB for my problem has no merit, says the service advisor and sales manager...

I am thoroughly displeased with Vandergriff Acura's Service Department.

Oh yea and its going to cost $150 to get this fixed because its 1.5 hours of labor to take the steering wheel off and crimp some copper shielding...
Old 01-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Back in an Ac!

Hahaha. I smell some bullshit. You have only had the car for a week and they won't cover something like that because they would "take a loss on the car???" That should be irrelevent at this point. You bought a product and it broke. They should stand by it no matter how much you paid for it . There is no way they gave it to you cheep enough that they would take a hit for doing an hour and a half of work. If they don't fix it you should take it off yourself and shove it up the sales managers ass.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:01 PM
140,000 miles young

try another acura dealer? Sounds like the dealer you bought from sucks - I would try and start up a relationship with another one. Many will fix TSBd items even on older cars.

I do also think there is a diy for that issue on here, or someone posted the TSB or something. You might try searching for that and see if you could fix the problem without paying anything to the stealer.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
666 Speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by underst8
try another acura dealer? Sounds like the dealer you bought from sucks - I would try and start up a relationship with another one. Many will fix TSBd items even on older cars.

I do also think there is a diy for that issue on here, or someone posted the TSB or something. You might try searching for that and see if you could fix the problem without paying anything to the stealer.
Here is how to fix it:
http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/B03-015.PDF

taken from this thread:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...wheel+controls
Old 01-03-2008, 03:40 PM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
welcome to the P family
Old 01-04-2008, 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 222 Likes on 183 Posts
Well that blows.
Old 01-04-2008, 08:44 AM
i heart latin chicks

Received 64 Likes on 16 Posts
Old 01-04-2008, 09:57 AM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
what a pathetic dealership.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:24 AM
And Away We Go!

Wink That's funny man we had the same cars

Same colors too, except my Accord was a 5 Spd, and my Cl is a Type-S

Will post pics, of me and my brother's Acura's soon.
Old 01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
2003 Acura CL-P

Originally Posted by artbran
thanks for the link i actually showed that tsb to the service advisor and sales manager. I would try to fix it myself but the fact that the SRS is so finnicky with acuras/hondas and i have to mess with the airbag to take off the steering wheel, im just to much of a pansy to risk anything. with my luck lately, something is BOUND to go wrong

i guess ill just have to put up with it until i can find another dealer to fix it for me for free because i refuse to pay $150 for 2 torx screws and to crimp some copper shielding.

Originally Posted by CocaineWhiteCL
Same colors too, except my Accord was a 5 Spd, and my Cl is a Type-S
that is a coincidence and with both cars u got what i wanted most lol.. that sexy OEM lip kit i WAS saving up for... and a type-S. i envy you!