Another nasty day for CL-S at the races

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 09:58 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another nasty day for CL-S at the races

Hopefully, this writing will be a catharsis for the emotional pain of having my new (4800 miles) CL-S smashed this AM. Would that I could have extracted a pound of flesh from the cretin driving the beater pickup that backed into me.

So there I am, thinking of the day ahead. I've gotten my commuter cup of coffee, backed out of the roadside market's parking lot, and am waiting for an opening in traffic to get on the road. Out of the corner of my eye, I see this pickup rocketing backward out of its parking spot headed straight for my right front. I mashed the accelerator and horn in the same instant ...... too late. The tailgate was down and made first contact; hit high on the quarter panel and knifed up through the passenger side rear window and into the rear top pillar, blowing out the rear window. The end of the truck's bumper dug into the quarter panel just behind the door, all the way through to the interior panel. Kah-wham! But it wasn't over just yet. Truckman throws his beater into drive to pull forward (or maybe get away), but now his bumper is hooked onto my doorjamb and I'm bouncing sideways across the parking lot attached to this truck like a busted pull toy. We, truck and car, come to rest about twenty feet from where Mr. Toad's Wild Ride started. I'm out of the car yelling at this idiot; he's puking out the window of his truck, gasping and croaking about swallowing his chew. I'm thinking "Perfect!" The wrecker comes and lifts my car off numbnuts bumper; there's an 8" X 16" hole in the side, plus the rear top support is pushed out of shape by about 4". The trunk lid's popped open and every seam on the right rear quarter of the car is out of whack. The car's off to the dealer, Butler Acura of Ashland, and I'm waiting for a callback from (Truckman's) Orieon Insurance adjuster. Orieon said they'd be in touch w/i 24 hrs ..... gives me a warm fuzzy feeling! Fortunately, I've got Statefarm full coverage @ $250 deductible; I've already psychologically kissed the deductible goodbye.
Be careful out there. Inbred idiots not only have the vote and own guns, they drive too. You're sharing the road with them daily.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:06 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sucks man. holy shit.
I know how you must feel I have a screwed up quarter pannle I was pissed off When it happened. But what happened to you sucks a 8x16 whole

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~ Two Times Over
Old 04-02-2001, 10:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
did the ass have insurance?

that's true about inbred rednecks though. i got assigned in kansas for a couple months...cl-s is at home in the garage. driving a rental neon, didn't want to risk it out here.
Old 04-02-2001, 10:23 PM
on bin laden

what the ...

you still have to pay your deductable even though it was his fault ... i dont think sooo

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 04-02-2001, 10:32 PM
Advanced

That absolutely sux. When the tears dry and the paint on the repairs dries, I'd head right on into the Acura dealer and say, "Gimmie one brand new BLUE CL Type S please".

------------------
Black/Tan 2001 CL Type-S
No Mods yet but looking

[This message has been edited by seglerg (edited 04-02-2001).]
Old 04-02-2001, 10:36 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 976 Likes on 330 Posts
dammit why don't rednecks do this to me, i would look great in a new blue S
Old 04-02-2001, 11:35 PM
Suzuka Master

if he has insurance, you proabbly won't have to pay your deductible. your deductible is for when your insurance company's collision or comp pays for your car's repair.

if it's his fault and he has insurance, your insurance doesn't even need to know about it...but then again, that's if he has insurance.

it might be different from state to state, but i'm pretty sure that in most (all?) states, you only pay your comp/coll ded. if you use your comp/coll (ie the otehr guy doesn't have or have enough insurance.)
Old 04-02-2001, 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
holy shit man...sorry to hear about the wreck! i hope you can get it repaired and have it look close to the way it was....so you can trade it in and get a brand new one! really sorry to hear about the incident.....i know how you feel!!!
Old 04-03-2001, 01:00 AM
Suzuka Master

i don't konw...if i were you, man, i'd have a weird case of neck pain happening for some reason.
Old 04-03-2001, 01:09 AM
Racer

He draged your car sideways for 20 Feet????? Holy FUCKING SHIT! Sounds to me like he was not just "Moving his truck" but indeed trying to run from you. I guess your lucky your CL-S hooked his POS truck. Hehe the CL-S was like "Hell Nah, you ain't goin NO WHERE you FUCK!"

I'd demand a new CL-S and SUE his ass. Period. Just be prepared for a long wait. It's been 4 months now for me without MY Cl-S.
Old 04-03-2001, 01:20 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I would have killed someone.........esp. if they had NO insurance...

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 04-03-2001, 01:50 AM
hater

UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!!!

You're a better man than I. I think I would have lost it and taken a baseball bat to that piece of shit! You KNOW that fuck was trying to run!

Look, man, if he ripped through the C pillar, you're talking damage to the unibody frame. It will NEVER be the same. I'd be looking for a new car out of this if I were you. So sorry this happened.

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold
Old 04-03-2001, 02:35 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
I'm with droid...I would have beaten the shit out of him for trying to take off...stupid asshole...good luck man, sounds like your car will be a write off...

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks
Old 04-03-2001, 09:51 AM
Racer

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hope you were not injured. I just cannot say it enough, "THERE IS NO CURE FOR THE DUMB ASS". They are every where!!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Parchment
Gold Emblems
Mud Guards / Wheel Locks
Spoiler
Winter Floor Mats
Old 04-03-2001, 10:06 AM
Banned

fbazakos, usually the person who got hit gets his deductible back when the other insurance company is sure it wasn't their own insured's fault.
I still haven't received mine from the door accident. I better call my agent.

Woman in 200sx opened her door into traffic and I hit it.... Her fault.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
"Too many news programs have become public relations friendly" -Bill Oreilly
"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives." - J. Michael Straczynski
Old 04-03-2001, 10:39 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Fabvsix:
I would have killed someone.........esp. if they had NO insurance...

</font>
Would you be able to sue in small claims court for the deductable? Honestly, if the damage is as bad as it sounds, I think your car maybe totalled.

------------------
-Phin
www.generationinformation.com
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-03-2001, 10:56 AM
Instructor

Sorry to hear about the horrible accident. If it can possibly make you feel any better to know that you're not the only one who's had bad luck recently, I can tell you about what happened to me 9 days ago. I was driving back home on a saturday afternoon (around 5:00pm). I was on a small street, heading home (I was about 30 seconds away from my house) when a woman decided to leave her driveway without even looking at the oncoming traffic. She just dashed out of her driveway. Well, the oncoming traffic was ME and my just bought 1997 3.0CL. Needless to say her ugly Toyota Corolla's bumper ate through the whole left side of my car. $4000 worth of damages. I was emotionally down for a few days... It's still at the dealers waiting to get repaired. I'm driving a Ford Explorer now. When driving around, I have to drive like a paranoid person, because A LOT of people do not know how to drive, and you simply have to correct any driving errors they make.

Anyways, just my 2 cents.

Guy
Old 04-03-2001, 11:29 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

I had so many close calls too..

I hate drivers who are so dumb assholes stupid and never use their turn signals.

I hate them more when they do not even check their blind ass spot or give you time to give them space.

I hate them even more when they drift from their lane to yours for no apparent reason.

I hate those who just like to stick by my ass in the left lane even if I am doing +25

I hate them more when those fkers start blinking to get me ceede the left lane

In short, accident happens but I hate those day dreamers on the road.

------------------
Black, Ebony, 3.2 CL Type-S.
- Acura NAV.
- 3M clear bra (full front bumper, and side mirros)
- Wheels locks
- Mooonroof visor
- Splash guards
- Winter mats
- Trunk liner
- Acura Spoiler
- Valentine V1 Radar Locator
- HELMS Service Manual
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- 03/19/01: Injen Polished CAI

[This message has been edited by Nashua_Night_Hawk (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Ya, I'd be in jail as well with two broken hands.

------------------
Silver CL-S w/ Navi, Spoiler, Wheel Locks, Trunk Tray, 19169, 9005
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W* T1-S Proxes on 17X8 SSR Competition Wheels (47.2 lbs lighter than stock wheel+tire setup)
Comptech Sways
G-Tech (Full tank of gas, 60F, VSA off, SS) - 5.94 seconds
V-1 Hardwired
Old 04-03-2001, 07:03 PM
Banned

I can feel the pain in my neck already!!! I need some Vicoden...ya ...that's it...more....I think this pain could affect my work...time to talk to a lawyer...

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
(sooner than I thought...)
Comptech Headers
Old 04-05-2001, 01:57 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 634 Likes on 281 Posts
update please

------------------
Astroboy out...
2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, goodridge braided brake lines, full kicker system
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks