Alrighty then, how are your shocks doing?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2001 | 11:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Alrighty then, how are your shocks doing?

Have now had the comptech springs for almost 9 months of east coast (US) driving. I was wondering if all of the people who have lowered their rides, NO MATTER WHAT BRAND OF SPRING, have noticed any difference in the quality of the ride as relating to WEAR ON THE SHOCKS. It's very hard for me to remember back to their installation but it seems that my ride is the same since then. Of course I am now jinxing myself by stating the following but I've been very lucky in the cars squeaky/rattle areas. Very lucky, as in not one squeak or rattle, nada!

So if you've had NO change in the ride quality please try and comment. Or if you HAVE noticed some changes SINCE you've had your springs installed then most defintely please comment. If so can you also list any other changes, i.e. different profile tires, weight differences due to adding new rims, sound systems, or extended familiy members, or anything else relevant that might effect the ride quality pertaining to the shocks.

Thank ya
Old 07-26-2001 | 01:25 PM
Rod
Drifting

^^^^^

Good question, I'd like to know how soon I'm going to have to replace my shocks. I haven't had my springs on for long so I'm not going to feel any difference yet. I was told that the stock Type-S shocks should hold up pretty well with Comptech springs and that they wouldn't give out that quickly.
Old 07-26-2001 | 01:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

I've had the springs for several months as well. I can't remember what the stock ride was like either. Sometimes I think my car feels too bouncy and that maybe the shocks are going out... but then I realize that there's just no way I can make that assumption since it's been so long since I've ridden in a stock CL-S. All in all, I think my car rides very well on smooth highways. On bad roads in the city however, the ride can get a tad harsh. I'd like to do the Konis, but I have to save my pennies for tires instead
Old 07-26-2001 | 03:47 PM
Pro

i've had my springs in for a while, maybe 5-6 months now...still riding on stock shocks...doesnt feel like it's wearing out...the comptech drop isnt that bad, so i dont expect the shocks to blow out anytime soon...
Old 07-26-2001 | 08:34 PM
Pro

Comptech springs on since 1/01. No degradation of ride quality yet. Car feels more taut and slightly harsher than stock for sure on city streets. The car appears to be somewhat lower than when initially installed. Could be illusional or settling of the springs. Regardless, best investment to date yet.
Old 07-26-2001 | 10:43 PM
- daemonichris -

i have had my springs installed for only 3,000 miles now and i can already start to feel a difference in my shocks. of course, i didn't install my springs until i reached 22,000 miles, so those miles could have worn down my shocks already (my driving is very harsh). the rear shocks are probably worse than the front because of the extra weight from my system. i think it's about time for some tockico's or koni's soon.

[ 07-26-2001: Message edited by: Chris ]