ALPHA WERKS HEADERS - Fitment Issue - RESOLVED!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Excelerate]
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Of course its possible to bolt the manifold onto the head (BTW, the manifold attaches to the head, not the block )QUOTE]

Let me off easy.. it's been a long and difficult week.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Just playing with you man... of course you bolted it to the head!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:23 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Maybe you missed this little part.

Hes saying that All-motor can't install a header. Im sorry, but don't come on this website pushing a product then attack a member who has done more R&D on this car than practically anyone else out there.

Oh and he also sent me this little PM that I thought I should post

(this reffering to my previous post in this thread)

I'm sorry but if they are designed properly, its not possible. The flanges are cut at very different angles from front to back and there is little room for variences in there. I haven't installed AW headers, but I know Comptechs only fit one way and only bolt up one way. He also contradicts his post about them only fitting one way.

If he wants to solve issues, I'm all for it, but he constatnly says things he can't back up.

And my car has never been to the shop. I do all the work myself. I don't trust most mechanics to work on my car.
Here read this. https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132167 IT is possible and one other member just posted about doing it to. How can you say you can't when you haven't tried. Want to take back your totally incorrect statement.
Like I said before we all make mistakes. No one says Allmotor can't install headers. I have alot of respect for the guy. But I am am saying that you are Dead wrong...........
Old 01-14-2005, 06:26 PM
Safety Car

I think the problem is that AW swapped the labels... the manifolds cannot be swapped, but nobody said the manufaturer couldn't swap the labels!!

You guys should bash the person who stated that they can swap the manifolds and get everything to bolt up (no matter where the labels goes)!
Old 01-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
I should add this since I have sort of kept my mouth shut since the original thread about Bobbydoedoe's AW installation. The intent of that post was to illustrate that due to poor QC (nobody can deny this), a header with an incorrectly positioned O2 sensor was shipped to a customer. Nobody said EVERY header is like that... it might never happen again. However, as this is a CL forum, it is in the collective interest to mention facts such as this.

We should close all threads related to AW Headers!
However, that thread got out of control. There were many immature members disparaging Alpha Werk's reputation and ranting about insignificant issues. That thread was unfair to AW and I want this thread to re-assure consumers that that was an isolated incident. I went out of my way and removed my headers and installed another set for a reason. I had to use a sawzall to cut a frozen nut on the cat and everyone knows that is a PITA. So, I do not want this thread closed.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 06:35 PM
Safety Car

Hey... I would buy AW headers for my car... if that makes you feel better!! At the time only Comptech made headers for the 6spd.

Actually, now I'd probably make custom headers
Old 01-14-2005, 06:38 PM
Racer

Hey I would buy one of yours, if it came with a bolt on TURBO attached !
Old 01-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey... I would buy AW headers for my car... if that makes you feel better!! At the time only Comptech made headers for the 6spd.

Haha.. well make me a custom tubular equal length manifold for my 6th gen Accord Turbo i4. I want to keep my A/C b/c it's a sedan and sometimes I get groceries with it. No not really but it is a sedan.

I'm out. Have a good weekend.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 08:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Excelerate
To ThinJim, Nexus will not remiburse him and should not be expected to. Imagine you taking your Acura to Meineke and asking them to fix your faulty transmission and then submitting a bill to Acura for the replaced transmission. Do you think Acura would pay it?? They would say

If the customer had an issue, which he did, he should have called Nexus Industries, supplied pictures, and sent the header back. They would have sent him a new header.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
I think your mixing apples and oranges in this case. I also don't think you will find many people on this forum or otherwise who will agree with that arrogant statement.

The customer bought Nexus's headers in good faith, paid an installer to R&R his system and in the process found the headers to be of infererior workmanship. The option at that point was to put his stock exhaust back on, pay for the labor, spend time taking pix, calling nexus, hoping their customer service would take care of it, paying shipping to send it back, waiting, take the new header back to the installer, paying again to have it reinstalled which would have cost more than the fix that the shop performed. I think what bobbydoedoe did was fiscally responsible for both parties. Nexus's customer service reputation would not be in the gutter if they were to make doedoe boy whole. I can see by your your answer above what I may expect from your company if I should have a problem with one of your products.

I'll take my finger waggin off line. I'd just like to see the little guy get what he deserves, for he certainly did not deserve to pay for the inadaquacies in workmanship directly caused by Nexus, and then take one in his bung hole. Hope everyone has sucess with these.
Old 01-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ThinJim
and then take one in his bung hole.
You like saying bung hole don't you?
Old 01-15-2005, 11:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThinJim
I think your mixing apples and oranges in this case. I also don't think you will find many people on this forum or otherwise who will agree with that arrogant statement.

I can see by your your answer above what I may expect from your company if I should have a problem with one of your products.
Since you do not like that illustration let's suppose Comptech had an issue with their headers, i.e. their initial problem with resonance. You take your Comptech header and go to the local exhaust shop and fix the problem and submit a bill to Comptech without even calling/asking them for a replacement/help. What do you think Comptech would say? They would not pay that. Now, should that header have had a problem with fitment: NO!! Should brand new cars have a problem: NO!! But they do sometimes and that is why there are recalls and Honda authorized dealers to fix Honda problems. It is the same with Alpha Werks. They would have replaced his header. Yes, it would have been an inconvenience for the customer and I believe AW would have taken care of him, but we will never know b/c no one called them and submitted the issue.

And FYI ask anybody who has purchased items from me: the customer service has been excellent. I can provides screen names if you want. BUT if you don't feel like dealing with my company then DON'T. And if you want to continue this conversation take it to PM b/c I don't want to crap up this thread.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-15-2005, 12:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation Stop

You guys are killing me.. There was a single instance.. Until proven otherwise..

Excelerate created this thread to make his/Nexus customers feel more comfortable about the product they've received and are going to install..

We've already covered everything that's in this thread.. Just drop it..

I work in QC and I can tell you it's nearly impossible to 100% inspect every single part.. The machinist probably should have caught it but that's implications of human error..

Please, everyone let it go.. It's getting out of hand where every AW header thread is getting destroyed with the same info.. Thanks..

I'm going to clean up this thread and leave it for NEW discussions..
Old 01-15-2005, 01:01 PM
Pimpin da TL in Orlando..

Originally Posted by Jonesi
You guys are killing me.. There was a single instance.. Until proven otherwise..

Excelerate created this thread to make his/Nexus customers feel more comfortable about the product they've received and are going to install..

I work in QC and I can tell you it's nearly impossible to 100% inspect every single part.. The machinist probably should have caught it but that's implications of human error..

Please, everyone let it go.. It's getting out of hand where every AW header thread is getting destroyed with the same info.. Thanks..

great.. Thank you.....

I dont see people bashing on OBX and Stone headers and they are worse..... PLus no OBX or Stone representative has ever come on here to back up their product or give customer service so leave AW alone...
Old 01-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

if you put back on your comptechs can i have your Alpha's for a nice price?? =)
Old 01-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jonesi

Jonesi , this may be a first for us but..... I commend you for seeing this. Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees. There were so many inaccurate statements in these AW threads I just could not stand seeing a product that had been so positive become trashed because of one Error.
People who had NO headers gave expert statements. People who never even seen headers in person gave expert statements. People who never installed or seen installed gave expert statements. People who had the AW headers and never even installed them on their car gave expert future prediction statements. Ditto expert/inaccurate people about C/T headers.
I have had those headers on a year and 30K+ miles with no probelms. Never even retighten the bolts. I paid $200 for them and I am qualified to say. Alpha Werks Headers are a Great product. The Distributor and retailer both stood behind them and came here to reslove the issue's. If you choose not to Spend $1100 on C/T Headers Buy them. I'm out.
Old 01-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Former Sponsor

Butt Dyno Results!!

I wanted to wait a couple days for the ECU to make adjustments to the headers. I have to say that the power is great! It feels exactly like the power I have with the Comptech's on. I have had no resonance issues, no exhaust leaks, no 02 sensor hitting, and great power gains.

To those who have asked, the AW headers that I used in this thread to test fit and monitor dyno gains are going for $450 shipped.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-17-2005, 02:39 PM
03' CL-S 6 speed w/ Nav

Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
Josh,

Thank you for resolving the issue. Also, I would like to thank all the patient members of this forum who waited for the results of the fitment. I can say that for me it was a frustrating process but I am here for the long haul to address your customer service needs. Hopefully we can continue in the future to develop great parts for the Honda/Acura V6 power plant.

Best regards,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry

when will u guys come out with the 6-spd model header??????????????
Old 01-17-2005, 04:36 PM
Intermediate

To answer the 6Speed questions...I am currently looking for a 6Speed to do some R+D on to modify our current application to fit and still make the power gains that we require out of the product before we send it to production. If anyone is interested please PM me. Obviously the headers that we make will be free if we can use your car to do the test fits and dynos.

Best,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Exclusive NA Distributor - Alphawerks Racing Development
Old 01-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

search on stone headers and see the pics I took on how to measure the flange offset,,, or if you have block with heads on it, mate the flanges up to it and test for "square". Very easy thing to do before you do your install. 02 sensor is a different issue.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

try here some pics lost

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ighlight=stone

what happened to "EDIT" function here
Old 01-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i had the o2 sensor problem as well.... it was not only one person~

but i havent adjusted it and the o2 sensor is touching the oil pan and everything seems to be fine
Old 01-19-2005, 08:23 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
To answer the 6Speed questions...I am currently looking for a 6Speed to do some R+D on to modify our current application to fit and still make the power gains that we require out of the product before we send it to production. If anyone is interested please PM me. Obviously the headers that we make will be free if we can use your car to do the test fits and dynos.

Best,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Exclusive NA Distributor - Alphawerks Racing Development
Well, If you consider outsourcing the project overseas, I'll be happy to host it in Poland.

But seriusly - people are waiting for a 6SP headers for less than 1200$.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:15 AM
I NEED MONEY!

If the fitments are resolved...wht happened here?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...19#post2312619

Page 5
Old 01-30-2005, 12:23 AM
Has been sold for a while

Originally Posted by VeeralS05
If the fitments are resolved...wht happened here?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...19#post2312619

Page 5
I guess testing one set isn't truly resolving much.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:04 AM
Back to a MT!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What is the word on the 6 speed headers? I have offered to let them use my car and no one has responded......
Old 01-31-2005, 10:33 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CLS-PL
Well, If you consider outsourcing the project overseas, I'll be happy to host it in Poland.

But seriusly - people are waiting for a 6SP headers for less than 1200$.
Stone Headers fit the 6spd and they are < $300
Old 02-01-2005, 06:58 AM
Intermediate

Stone Headers fit the 6spd and they are < $300
Would you recommend 'em ??

How do they compare with CT ??
Old 02-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Intermediate

I have presented the Acura-CL 6Speed header to our project coordinator. Once they put the finishing touches on the Scion tC turbo kit and the Lexus SC430 exhaust they said they can do some re-engineering on the header to allow for the 6Speed.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 02-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by J.T.'s 3.2TL
I guess testing one set isn't truly resolving much.
There hasn't been just one set installed. Do you know how many people have Alpha Werks headers installed on their car? The third batch of headers I received are almost out of stock and Nexus got 75+ headers in. And that is the third batch. If there is a problem then ppl need to start calling Nexus and speaking to them. If one or two headers have had problems then that does corrupt the whole batch. Also, if you have a problem with your header call up Nexus Industries and tell them and they will send you a new header. I have already spoken to them about this issue and they have no problem taking your header back and sending you a new one. They will just send it back to the manufacturer and get credited for a new header. You guys need to understand that two headers having issues being installed is not reason to discredit Alpha Werk's fitment and/or reputation.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 02-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I NEED MONEY!

There hasn't been just one set installed. Do you know how many people have Alpha Werks headers installed on their car? The third batch of headers I received are almost out of stock and Nexus got 75+ headers in. And that is the third batch. If there is a problem then ppl need to start calling Nexus and speaking to them. If one or two headers have had problems then that does corrupt the whole batch. Also, if you have a problem with your header call up Nexus Industries and tell them and they will send you a new header. I have already spoken to them about this issue and they have no problem taking your header back and sending you a new one. They will just send it back to the manufacturer and get credited for a new header. You guys need to understand that two headers having issues being installed is not reason to discredit Alpha Werk's fitment and/or reputation.

Josh
Excelerate LLC

Hey I tried to PM you but yoru box is FULL.

Hey Veeral, I saw your post in my thread and was wondering how your install went? You seemed nervous about the install and I want to see how things went for you.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Hey. I havent had time to install them yet. I'm trying to plan something with scalbert so we can meet up and install them. I'll let ya know how it goes. The only thing I'm nervous about is the flanges not lining up with the rest of it once its mounted to the engine...from I saw tht someone else had a problem with...

I'll let ya know asap. When they are installed.

Have a great day,

Veeral
Old 02-01-2005, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey I tried to PM you but yoru box is FULL.

Hey. I havent had time to install them yet. I'm trying to plan something with scalbert so we can meet up and install them. I'll let ya know how it goes. The only thing I'm nervous about is the flanges not lining up with the rest of it once its mounted to the engine...from I saw tht someone else had a problem with...

Have a great day,

Veeral
Well I am not an "Official Vendor" anymore so my mailbox storage has been dramatically reduced in size. I've deleted a bunch of PM's. Don't worry about the install you should be fine.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 02-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Intermediate

If there are any fitment problems please call us at Nexus Industry. We will take back the header if there is a fitment problem. It is no skin off our back because we send them right back to Alphawerks and they credit us. Remeber we are the North American Distributor.

So if you buy one look at the numbers:

1. V6 Headers sold 2003-2005 --> 417
2. Problems 2003-2005 --> 3 headers (If you contacted us we replaced it, and one of these was a prototype.)

So you have nothing to lose, and only speed to gain.

Best regards,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 02-01-2005, 04:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Good to see 3/417 isn't too bad at all.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:59 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Good to see 3/417 isn't too bad at all.
yeah thats not bad at all
Old 02-18-2005, 10:30 AM
Instructor

Have a great day,

Veeral

How did the install go?
Old 02-18-2005, 04:05 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Originally Posted by 03 CLS
How did the install go?

Well...recently I got into an accident...no one on the board knows...but some kid backed into my car and busted my passenger side headlight and fender...so I'm having them replaced sometime next week...Then after that I will start installing all my AfterMarket Parts sitting around...So as soon as its back I'm going to install the following:

- Alpha Werks Headers (i'll make a write up w/ scalbert on the install)
- Unorthodox Pulleys (Crank,P/S, Alt.)
- Cross Drilled Rotors
Old 02-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Instructor

Well...recently I got into an accident...no one on the board knows...but some kid backed into my car and busted my passenger side headlight and fender...so I'm having them replaced sometime next week...Then after that I will start installing all my AfterMarket Parts sitting around...So as soon as its back I'm going to install the following:

- Alpha Werks Headers (i'll make a write up w/ scalbert on the install)
- Unorthodox Pulleys (Crank,P/S, Alt.)
- Cross Drilled Rotors

Dam, sorry to hear that Good luck getting that fixed and the install of your parts. I just wanted to see if you encounter any issues before I buy a set of headers.........
Old 02-18-2005, 04:20 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Dam, sorry to hear that Good luck getting that fixed and the install of your parts. I just wanted to see if you encounter any issues before I buy a set of headers.........

haha Many are depending on me to tell them with issues...I'll make a really big write up for everyone to to read and for all the PW's...haha...But I'm also nervous of problems..but with what they have told me...there havent been many issues only about 3 so I think I should be in good grounds on the install...
Old 03-16-2005, 08:21 AM
Instructor

haha Many are depending on me to tell them with issues...I'll make a really big write up for everyone to to read and for all the PW's...haha...But I'm also nervous of problems..but with what they have told me...there havent been many issues only about 3 so I think I should be in good grounds on the install...

Any luck on the header install?
Old 03-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
veeral where did you buy your headers and how much did they charge you?
Old 03-16-2005, 03:09 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Any luck on the header install?
I dropped scalbert a note He hasnt replied yet...

Originally Posted by juruki
veeral where did you buy your headers and how much did they charge you?
$600 from the AlphaWerks Group Buy...

Quick Reply: ALPHA WERKS HEADERS - Fitment Issue - RESOLVED!!