ALPHA WERKS HEADERS - Fitment Issue - RESOLVED!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 02:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
ALPHA WERKS HEADERS - Fitment Issue - RESOLVED!!

Very succinctly stated: Alpha Werks Headers fit with no issues. I have a '01 CL-S with Comptech headers. What I decided to do was remove my Comptech headers, analyze them and install the Alpha Werks headers. I removed the Comptechs but not before a ball-busting nut on the cat wouldn't come off; so I took a sawzall to it . I took side by side pics of the Alpha Werks headers and the Comptech headers. Here they are:

Conclusion: pretty much the same.

Now to the interior welds on the Comptech. To be honest, I was a little surprised at the interior welds on the Alpha Werks headers, but then I looked at the Comptechs and I realized I paid a lot more but the welds aren't all that nice. This picture doesn't do justice and for some reason I keep getting blurry pics of the interior weld ( I will try to take more pics) but believe me they aren't that pretty. There are gaps between the welds and there are burrs and it hasn't affected the performance of my headers.

Next, to the fitment and placement of the 02 Sensor.

No 02 Sensor hitting the block here and the fitment was great. No exhaust leaks either. I am not saying that the 02 sensor hitting the block didn't happen with that one customer, but it didn't here and if anyone has a problem with an 02 sensor hitting the block they should contact Nexus Industries immediately b/c they will send you a new header once they get yours back. Also, as Allmotor said, the Alpha Werks label does go on the front header. It seems that this batch they did it right. If you were to put the header with the AW on the rear it would hit the axle. Any questions please ask and I will try to take more pics of the interior welds on the Comptech.

Also, I will be doing a butt dyno on these too. And then I will probably be selling them in the Black Market.

In addition all Alpha Werks V6 Headers for the CL/TL/Accord V6 are now on sale for $550 shipped.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Registered Douchebag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
im sorry but does this mean they fit a 6 speed yet?!?
Old 01-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by sixgearcl
im sorry but does this mean they fit a 6 speed yet?!?
No they don't fit a 6spd yet. Sorry.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for doing this...
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 PM
Safety Car

I'm still waiting for the guy that will install the rear-manifold on the front and vice-versa expecting everything to bolt-up!!!
Old 01-13-2005, 02:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by allmotor_2000
Thanks for doing this...
Thanks allmotor.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Josh,

Thank you for resolving the issue. Also, I would like to thank all the patient members of this forum who waited for the results of the fitment. I can say that for me it was a frustrating process but I am here for the long haul to address your customer service needs. Hopefully we can continue in the future to develop great parts for the Honda/Acura V6 power plant.

Best regards,
Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-13-2005, 03:30 PM
I NEED MONEY!

was the header you just put on from the same batch that i bought mine from?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:34 PM
Racer

Is there a projected date for when they will fit a 6MT?
Old 01-13-2005, 03:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by VeeralS05
was the header you just put on from the same batch that i bought mine from?
Yes Veeral. Same batch. And Alpha Werks installed a header from the same batch that I have on their project car and it fit also. Here is a pic:

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-13-2005, 04:01 PM
drop em like its hot

nice... its good to get this issue cleared up.... like you excelerate i had absolutely no problems with my header install, particularly in terms of fitment.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:09 PM
Pro

excellent, my installment date is the 21st. i have been looking forward to it for 3 weeks now. i was going to tell them there were some o2 sensor bung problems, but i guess i wont now, since they might try to throw some bull at me.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Intermediate

As for the six-speed version, if we could source a 6speed to come to our facility in Doral we can make the unit and then follow-up with some dyno and benchflow time.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
The only reason the one header did not fit was because as you will notice there are two different runners that go 3-1. If the runners that go in the rear and put in the front, for example, the header will not fit. If the header is installed properly we have never had a problem.

As for the six-speed version, if we could source a 6speed to come to our facility in Doral we can make the unit and then follow-up with some dyno and benchflow time.

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Your participation in this forum is great and all, but please don't try and pass this BS around. Its impossible to bolt everything down if the manifold are reversed, and I doubt all-motor would install them wrong. This man has done more than just install a set of headers, hes developed turbo systems for this car. I think he nows what hes doing with the exhaust system. And this isn't the first time you've done this. You also claimed comptech had install problems, yet no one on this forum has ever heard of them, and these are people who have been here for years.

I'm not trying to stir up shit with you, but it looks unproffesional when you come onto this site and spew this BS. I think this is also where some hostility towards your product has come from. I'm sure if you just admit that a few had problems and take measures to correct, people would respect you for it, but making exscuses will not get you far on this site.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:28 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Wow Josh...Your becoming my best friend...All I've heard from you is good news... I cant wait till the install...it should go smooth I'll compare the pics tonight of my headers w/ those on the thread...
Old 01-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by VeeralS05
Wow Josh...Your becoming my best friend...All I've heard from you is good news... I cant wait till the install...it should go smooth I'll compare the pics tonight of my headers w/ those on the thread...
Veeral, I'm sure you will not run into any problems.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-13-2005, 11:36 PM
I NEED MONEY!

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Veeral, I'm sure you will not run into any problems.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Thanks, Josh...I was holding off on the install cause i was just feelin insecure...but now i'm not...next weekend they should be in! Or i might wait till i get my exhaust and do it all together..
Old 01-14-2005, 09:39 AM
Registered Douchebag

No they don't fit a 6spd yet. Sorry.

Josh
Excelerate LLC

Whats the hold up... Im sure they're countless people that dont not wanna spend 1200 bucks (our only option) and buy comptechs....

and isnt it true that the new comptech fit an auto and a manual?!? If thats the case why doesnt alphawerks emulate the newer comptech??!

If thats not the case are they planning on manufacturing headers for a 6 speed and when will they be available???

Old 01-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Doesn't matter to me since I have my CT's anyway. But the only difference is that rear header. The rest of the system is the same.

Originally Posted by sixgearcl
Whats the hold up... Im sure they're countless people that dont not wanna spend 1200 bucks (our only option) and buy comptechs....

and isnt it true that the new comptech fit an auto and a manual?!? If thats the case why doesnt alphawerks emulate the newer comptech??!

If thats not the case are they planning on manufacturing headers for a 6 speed and when will they be available???

Old 01-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Doesn't matter to me since I have my CT's anyway. But the only difference is that rear header. The rest of the system is the same.
Well I just got word that I can schedule a 6speed for some R+D time if anyone is willing to volunteer to develop a header setup for the manual CL's. If anyone is interested please PM me. This should be an exciting project and I am looking foward to some involvement of the members here.

Thanks guys,

Victor D.
Nexus Industry
Old 01-14-2005, 02:25 PM
I'm Cool

i was the guy who had fitment issue cause of the o2 hitting the block and all. Don't get me wrong, these are the best headers for the price, sure i spend another 150 to get the O2 sensor issue fixed for a total of 750 (150+600), but i love the gains on this headers, and for the price, it can't be beat
Old 01-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Originally Posted by rezurex
nice... its good to get this issue cleared up.... like you excelerate i had absolutely no problems with my header install, particularly in terms of fitment.

Same here but I was in the first batch and noit the group buy.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bobbydoedoe
i was the guy who had fitment issue cause of the o2 hitting the block and all. Don't get me wrong, these are the best headers for the price, sure i spend another 150 to get the O2 sensor issue fixed for a total of 750 (150+600), but i love the gains on this headers, and for the price, it can't be beat
Again, this is why the thread was created. There was a single customer who had an issue, and that thread turned into a huge ordeal. Many customers have installed the AW headers with no problems and with no 02 sensor hitting the block. I reaffirmed this by installing them on my own car. That was an unfortunate incident and it remains the only incident.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Didn't one set of headers have an additional flex section on the front downpipe? I swear I saw it on a set in a different thread. Yours does not have that additional flex section.
Old 01-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mrsteve
Didn't one set of headers have an additional flex section on the front downpipe? I swear I saw it on a set in a different thread. Yours does not have that additional flex section.
I remember you talking about and wondering what you were talking about. I have never seen one of these headers having an additional flex section. If you look at the pictures they look pretty much identical to the Comptechs.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Pimpin da TL in Orlando..

I remember you talking about and wondering what you were talking about. I have never seen one of these headers having an additional flex section. If you look at the pictures they look pretty much identical to the Comptechs.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
why is the comptech header a little bit longer than the AW header? in the pics above....
Old 01-14-2005, 03:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by pimpinTL02
why is the comptech header a little bit longer than the AW header? in the pics above....
It's not. It appears longer b/c of the angle I took the picture at. Look at the picture of the headers from overhead and you will notice they are the same length.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 04:55 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Josh, can I have your CT headers since you put the AW headers on your car?
Old 01-14-2005, 05:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
Your participation in this forum is great and all, but please don't try and pass this BS around. Its impossible to bolt everything down if the manifold are reversed, and I doubt all-motor would install them wrong. This man has done more than just install a set of headers, hes developed turbo systems for this car. I think he nows what hes doing with the exhaust system. And this isn't the first time you've done this. You also claimed comptech had install problems, yet no one on this forum has ever heard of them, and these are people who have been here for years.

I'm not trying to stir up shit with you, but it looks unproffesional when you come onto this site and spew this BS. I think this is also where some hostility towards your product has come from. I'm sure if you just admit that a few had problems and take measures to correct, people would respect you for it, but making exscuses will not get you far on this site.
The guy was trying to reslove a problem with one headers with one problem and after the guy who had the problem said he was satisfied and loved the Header's this is what he gets. If C/T had something to say I'm sure they would have posted here or on the last thread.
Again I remind everyone that not everyone who own's a CL post at this web site and the fact is that, no one but the Distirbutors who sell would factually be able to say that there was Never Ever a problem. It's is very unlikely that ANY product ever has ever been 100 % Perfect and that, if you sell something in quanity that a Human hand built product is not subject to error. " We all make Mistakes " and "To error is Human" Period. Ever had to take your CL to the shop ? Give the guy a break.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Machine welds vs. hand welds

MUCH less room for error.

It's good to see that everything SEEMS to be resolved.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:29 PM
Racer

I agree
Old 01-14-2005, 05:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Again, this is why the thread was created. There was a single customer who had an issue, and that thread turned into a huge ordeal.

I say this forum addressed the problem in a manner that forced Nexus and Josh to address the problem. Sure it was a little caustic at times, but I did see the accused go on the offensive and hopefully the product will give many good years of performance to those who have bought them.

I personally am still skeptical because of the bad press, and hate to see the doedoe dude who spent an extra 150$ and countless hours fixing his BUNG HOLE not be re-imbursed. I think Nexsus should step up to the plate and compensate him for his aggravation for his BUNG HOLE. Cheers.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jgscott
The guy was trying to reslove a problem with one headers with one problem and after the guy who had the problem said he was satisfied and loved the Header's this is what he gets. If C/T had something to say I'm sure they would have posted here or on the last thread.
Again I remind everyone that not everyone who own's a CL post at this web site and the fact is that, no one but the Distirbutors who sell would factually be able to say that there was Never Ever a problem. It's is very unlikely that ANY product ever has ever been 100 % Perfect and that, if you sell something in quanity that a Human hand built product is not subject to error. " We all make Mistakes " and "To error is Human" Period. Ever had to take your CL to the shop ? Give the guy a break.
Maybe you missed this little part.
Originally Posted by Nexusindustry
If the runners that go in the rear and put in the front, for example, the header will not fit. If the header is installed properly we have never had a problem.
Hes saying that All-motor can't install a header. Im sorry, but don't come on this website pushing a product then attack a member who has done more R&D on this car than practically anyone else out there.

Oh and he also sent me this little PM that I thought I should post
Actually it is really easy and common for this to happen...we have done it ourselves once because the alphawerks label was on the opposite runner.
(this reffering to my previous post in this thread)

I'm sorry but if they are designed properly, its not possible. The flanges are cut at very different angles from front to back and there is little room for variences in there. I haven't installed AW headers, but I know Comptechs only fit one way and only bolt up one way. He also contradicts his post about them only fitting one way.

If he wants to solve issues, I'm all for it, but he constatnly says things he can't back up.

And my car has never been to the shop. I do all the work myself. I don't trust most mechanics to work on my car.
Old 01-14-2005, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ferizzo
Josh, can I have your CT headers since you put the AW headers on your car?
LOL. I was waiting for this question to come up. I don't know what I'm going to do yet. I may keep the AW or I may keep the Comptech's. I already spent the money on the Comptechs so I may just keep them whereas I won't take that much of a hit on the AW's since I have only had them on the car for a day.

By the way, I am keeping them on the car for a few days to check the butt dyno. So far so good. They seem to be making just about the same power as the Comptech's. I have to wait for dry weather to really open it up though b/c it's only been snowing and raining here.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 05:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually mrsteve this is wrong. I called Comptech and they told me that the welds are done in house and by hand, not machine.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ThinJim
I say this forum addressed the problem in a manner that forced Nexus and Josh to address the problem. Sure it was a little caustic at times, but I did see the accused go on the offensive and hopefully the product will give many good years of performance to those who have bought them.

I personally am still skeptical because of the bad press, and hate to see the doedoe dude who spent an extra 150$ and countless hours fixing his BUNG HOLE not be re-imbursed. I think Nexsus should step up to the plate and compensate him for his aggravation for his BUNG HOLE. Cheers.
To ThinJim, Nexus will not remiburse him and should not be expected to. Imagine you taking your Acura to Meineke and asking them to fix your faulty transmission and then submitting a bill to Acura for the replaced transmission. Do you think Acura would pay it?? They would say

If the customer had an issue, which he did, he should have called Nexus Industries, supplied pictures, and sent the header back. They would have sent him a new header.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 06:06 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mclarenf3387
I'm sorry but if they are designed properly, its not possible. The flanges are cut at very different angles from front to back and there is little room for variences in there. I haven't installed AW headers, but I know Comptechs only fit one way and only bolt up one way. He also contradicts his post about them only fitting one way.
Actually mclarenf it is possible to fit both headers on each side. When installing these AW's on my car, I originally tried putting the header with the AW label on the rear. It did fit flush to the block but the DP would have hit the axle. So that was the wrong way. I switched them and put the AW label on the front and everything fit perfect. So it is possible to put it up; it just won't fit right.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Safety Car

Actually mclarenf it is possible to fit both headers on each side. When installing these AW's on my car, I originally tried putting the header with the AW label on the rear. It did fit flush to the block but the DP would have hit the axle. So that was the wrong way. I switched them and put the AW label on the front and everything fit perfect. So it is possible to put it up; it just won't fit right.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Of course its possible to bolt the manifold onto the head (BTW, the manifold attaches to the head, not the block )... but you could never put the J-pipe on there - which is what I stated originally.

In any case... reversing the manifolds is not the issue here.

Another thing. I have Comptech manifolds to which I have attached a custom J-pipe (well its more than a J-pipe) to which sits a very HEAVY Garrett GT35R Turbo (it is mounted to the tranny as well). There has been NO cracks, creaks, leaks... NOTHING! If a product is made well with quality components and care during the manufacturing (welding) process... it should last just as long as factory-installed components - my $0.02.
Old 01-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

[QUOTE=allmotor_2000]Of course its possible to bolt the manifold onto the head (BTW, the manifold attaches to the head, not the block )QUOTE]

Let me off easy.. it's been a long and difficult week.

Josh
Excelerate LLC
Old 01-14-2005, 06:20 PM
Safety Car

I should add this since I have sort of kept my mouth shut since the original thread about Bobbydoedoe's AW installation. The intent of that post was to illustrate that due to poor QC (nobody can deny this), a header with an incorrectly positioned O2 sensor was shipped to a customer. Nobody said EVERY header is like that... it might never happen again. However, as this is a CL forum, it is in the collective interest to mention facts such as this.

We should close all threads related to AW Headers!

Quick Reply: ALPHA WERKS HEADERS - Fitment Issue - RESOLVED!!