all night detailing and i get a ding!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
all night detailing and i get a ding!!!

Just have to vent a little....

Well, yesterday evening, about 5pm, I washed my car, clayed it, did 2nd wash and did the Z6-Z5 combo for 3 layers of Z5 and this morning, detailed the interior of my car. Well, I felt pretty good to get the car back to being clean (now I have 18 layers of Zaino)! I went to have lunch with my girlfriend up in Scottsdale where she works since it's her birthday. I parked where there were no other cars. When we came out, I saw this minivan parked next to mine...well, when I walked by, I noticed a ding on my passenger door! DAMN was I angry

I know it wasn't there before because I detailed out the car last night and this morning! The ding looked like it came right from his door! I wanted to the guy and do something to his minivan, but I held back. I took my girl back to work and dropped her off and went back to the restaurant. All I did was I left a sticky note on his window telling the owner that they dinged my door and that next time he should have the courtesy of being careful when parking and opening the door. I didn't use any profanity nor did I do anything to their vehicle...I figured that these things happen. It's not too bad, but I'll notice it every time I look at it.
Old 02-06-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned

I feel you....I work in a small shopping plaza and during christmas, I got hella door dings!!! I hope the "ding king" can pull them out!!!
Old 02-06-2004, 08:32 PM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
that sucks man. I would have contacted the owner and ask him/her to pay for the repair.

different scenario, but once I was in my car, and an old guy parked next to me, and threw his door into my Land Rover. I got out, there was a ding, and white paint from his white Buick.

He refused to believe he hit me and caused the damage. I sure got his attention when I told him I would file a hit and run if he left!!

I called the police, and his insurance paid to have the car fixed through paintless dent-removal. I buffed the white paint and fine scratches out myself.

Sorry to hear man. paintless dent removal can run about $70-100 depending upon the size of the dent.
Old 02-06-2004, 08:33 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If the paint isn't messed-up, you can't get a perfect dent fix for anywhere between $30 and $75. (The $30 quote is from dent-fixers that work for car lots, detailers, etc...)

I don't know what goes on in peoples minds, but outside of parking on a side street, it's pretty hard to avoid dings without some checking for some "end" spots or spots that have a ton of space between them.

There is also the problem of people who will park right next to you even though you park all by yourself 300-feet away from the herd.

Call Dent-Wizards or whoever and get it fixed ASAP so you can forget about this ASAP.

I've had two small dings that were taken care of by Dent-Wizards and you can't tell that the car was ever tapped. The work is perfect.

Sorry... some people are idiots...

BTW, I did have one person actually call me with an offer to pay for the damage when I left a note on their car one day some years ago...
Old 02-07-2004, 03:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

I should have left my number...but oh well...don't want to spend the money (esp. if it's about $85 per panel). I'd rather spend it first on mods and then later go back to the dents because I'm sure I'll end up getting more later.
Old 02-07-2004, 05:55 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by EricL
Call Dent-Wizards or whoever and get it fixed ASAP so you can forget about this ASAP.

These guys can work their magic like you wouldn't believe. Come the spring i've got two dings that are gonna get fixed by these guys ASAP.
Old 02-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Sold but not Forgotten...

sorry to hear that bro... today while getting out of my car at the gym, my boy was getting out while this stupid lady on his side hit my passenger side door. She had clearly seen us park, and knew we both would exit our cars....While exiting the car I just hear this clink... went over to the side and I saw my paint chipped on the edge of the door. Since it was a paint chip, and lucky no major scratches... was pissed but let it go... Half hour later, I get a call from the cops, stating that I had hit her car, and wouldn't exchange information. I was like what she hit a parked car, not me... Went down to the station and explained the whole thing, wrote the report.... Cut the story short... S**T like this happens which just pisses me off, cuz some ppl just aren't considerate to respect other ppl's properties... Wanted to ask, with a paint chip, just need some touch up right?
Old 02-08-2004, 02:05 AM
THE SILVER BULLET

sucks man
Old 02-08-2004, 07:48 AM
Drifting

i fell you...