Air Scoops

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2001 | 07:08 AM
Advanced

Air Scoops

My friend came over today and wanted me to show him how to install his new filter on his Integra... so modified his intake and put on his new filter.. after this he absolutely loved the sound but the power gain was barley there..

I decided that he needed the cold air effect since his filter was based so close to the injectors.. so i designed an under body scoop a few inches back from his bumper.. 3 plastic piping converted to 2 for a force effect.. i piped it directly too his air filter with minimal bends for maximum flow efficiency.. the scoop is well hidden..

Performance wise the effect was wonderful for him.. we instantly felt the power and when in speeds of excess of 50mph for over 2 minutes the temperature gauge dropped below the coldest measurable point on the gauge..

All in all i was very impressed with the effect and will probably be looking into putting dual scoops on my type s and also running ram air to my brakes..

The whole process is simple and logical and not hard at all to perform..
Old 04-01-2001 | 07:13 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EDFRO:
My friend came over today and wanted me to show him how to install his new filter on his Integra... so modified his intake and put on his new filter.. after this he absolutely loved the sound but the power gain was barley there..

I decided that he needed the cold air effect since his filter was based so close to the injectors.. so i designed an under body scoop a few inches back from his bumper.. 3 plastic piping converted to 2 for a force effect.. i piped it directly too his air filter with minimal bends for maximum flow efficiency.. the scoop is well hidden..

Performance wise the effect was wonderful for him.. we instantly felt the power and when in speeds of excess of 50mph for over 2 minutes the temperature gauge dropped below the coldest measurable point on the gauge..

All in all i was very impressed with the effect and will probably be looking into putting dual scoops on my type s and also running ram air to my brakes..

The whole process is simple and logical and not hard at all to perform..
</font>
NOW THIS IS WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED!!!!

1. Some nice cool airs for those hot brakes. Dr. thinks even some cracking with cross-drilled rotors would be worth it with front ram air with Venturi effect!!!

2. More high pressure cool air -- bet that pressure is really high down there.

The doctor was just looking at the plastic grill and thinking that some smart person could do a "sneaky/stealth" mod to the grill. If the mods were done well, the grill would look totally original with all of the tricks the car needs.

Ok, the doctor doesn't have to hide with his bag near your place heh heh heh (evil laugh)

The Dr. Likes

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims
Old 04-01-2001 | 07:14 AM
Pro

Do a write up with pics and soopa will put it in the garage. But the temp thing is oil isn't it? that is why you aren't supposed to gas a car till it warms up the oil is thicker when it is cold and doesn't protect as well.

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S "Claire" non-navi No spoiler. Bone stock, for now.
~Member of the Scratched Rim Club.~ Two Times Over