AEM F/IC vs Greddy Emanage Blue

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 08:57 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question AEM F/IC vs Greddy Emanage Blue

I have searched threads and cannot find anything conclusive on this subject so I'm reaching out. For context, I have a 99 TL with an 03 CL-S engine and 6MT. I am currently running the Comptech Supercharger with the low boost pulley and Comptech map clamp (and other assorted mods listed in my signature). This set up is yielding 282 whp. I am told that the high boost pulley with upgraded injectors and an engine management system will increase the horse power to the wheels by another 40 hp. Schwing!!!

I have talked with my mechanic (who knows one of the Comptech engineers personally) and we are preparing to install the CL-S High Boost pulley. It's my understanding that a couple of things will need to be changed for the next stage of the Supercharger mod:

1. Change out the injectors and install RC Engineering 370cc Flow Matched Injectors
2. Change out the CT Map Clamp for an AEM F/IC (per Comptech recommendations)

I have read where others have taken ECU management to "another level" with the Greddy Emanage Blue and a Boomslang harness.

I know others have pioneered these topics long before I came along and I would be grateful for any, and all, feedback from the forum on what results have been achieved by others and what the best course of action might be.

For the record, when I purchased my Comptech Supercharger it was used and came with the CL-S high boost pulley, Greddy Emanage Blue, and Boomslang harness. Comptech is recommending the AEM F/IC over the Greddy Emanage Bue and I am looking for "real world" feedback from the folks that have experience with one, or both.

Just because a manufacturer recommends "one application" doesn't necessarily mean it's the "best application" especially since I already own the Greddy Emanage... With that said, I will gladly purchase the AEM F/IC if that's the better way to go.

The guys at Comptech obviously knew what they were doing when they designed this stuff. But it's my understanding that they were also designing this stuff with the intent for Honda/Acura to warranty the engine if the SC was installed through the dealer at the time of purchase. I'm way past any warranty. I want performance, not the automobile manufacturer's approval! Thanks in advance for any input/advice.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:40 PM
3.5 psi

Received 798 Likes on 636 Posts
I Haven't Heard Anyone With The Manual Trans. Getting The Fic To Work With The Manual Trans Sensors.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Advanced

Hmmm. That's very interesting. I will be sharing your input with my mechanic tomorrow so he can look into it. Thanks man!
Old 05-28-2013, 12:54 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
since it seems you've got the inside hook up at Comptech, ya think you could hook me up with a CT Header for the CLS 6 speed ?
: )
Old 05-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Advanced

I wouldn't go so far as to say I have a real hook up with Comptech. My mechanic is located near CT engineering shop and knows one of the engineer/mechanics that "used to work" for Comptech and has since gone out on his own. My mechanic uses him for knowledge and tuning advice, etc. My engine actually came with the Comptech headers from the wrecking yard. Pure luck on my part. Sorry bro.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Rawr.

Received 715 Likes on 421 Posts
First off, congrats on the swap!

When I orginally purchased the blower, it came with the HBP & both ESM (map clamp) as well as the EMB with boomslang harness. Do note you can NOT run both at the same time.

Since I didn't have a tuner at the time, we used the ESM. The car pulled like a monster, but was running lean... Not safe at all.

Eventually found a tuner familar with the EMB, so I let him have at it.

On that particular setup, it was with the following mods:

- HBP
- CT Headers w/ j-pipe
- Custom 4" CAI
- Fuel pressure regulator
- Stock injectors
- EMB
- Stock clutch @ 150k

Once we got the A/F right, the car made 309 to the wheels.

The clutch eventually started slipping and needed replacing... along with a couple of other goodies... hence where I'm at today

At the end of the day, you can't go wrong with the EMB as it works for our F/I CLS6 with no issues

Last edited by Marcelechka; 05-28-2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:01 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Nice! Looks like you're at the same stage I am with the blower set up. I would contact NVA-AV6 on this forum. He actually rebuilt my blower last year and is very knowledgable in the tuning aspect. As far as the FIC, he told me that's it's more user friendly for tuning than the EMB. But since I have the EMB, I'm sticking with it. I just need to find a copy of the software tool so I can setitup! Also, nice find with the headers! I keep telling people that junkyards are a gold mine, you just have to keep looking!
Old 05-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Rawr.

Originally Posted by bigdaddyKA8
Nice! Looks like you're at the same stage I am with the blower set up. I would contact NVA-AV6 on this forum. He actually rebuilt my blower last year and is very knowledgable in the tuning aspect. As far as the FIC, he told me that's it's more user friendly for tuning than the EMB. But since I have the EMB, I'm sticking with it. I just need to find a copy of the software tool so I can setitup! Also, nice find with the headers! I keep telling people that junkyards are a gold mine, you just have to keep looking!
PM me your contact information, I'll burn you a copy and ship to you.
The following users liked this post:
bigdaddyKA8 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 12:53 AM
Advanced

Hey Richkid1102, I would greatly appreciate a copy of the software tool too. In fact, I think that is part of the reason my mechanic is hesitant to use the EMB because he does not have a copy of the software for it. I sent you a PM with my info. It is really cool of you to offer that up. I hope you don't mind me jumping in on that. Thanks man.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:56 PM
Rawr.

Since I've been receiving a slew of PMs for the software, I'm going to post a link for you guys to download it from. No need to worry as the software DOES NOT require a disk to operate; just unzip, extract, install, and away you go! You'll only need internet access as the software does update itself through the manufacturer's servers to be current since it'll be its first time launching.

I haven't had the chance to stop by the shop yet, but plan on doing so by tomorrow / no later than Saturday; I'll upload for you all then.

Last edited by Marcelechka; 05-30-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
Saaweet, thank you Rkid1102! I was just about to pm you when I decided to take one last glance at the thread.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:34 PM
Rawr.

As promised, see link below:

Greddy E-manage Blue Software

Just a reminder, you'll need Winzip to extract the folder which contains all files.

Shout if you have any questions.