ADR/Volk mesh wheel opinions

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 04:57 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
ADR/Volk mesh wheel opinions

I'm looking for around some nice reasonably priced mesh wheels for my Z and I came across the 'm' series from ADR (black chrome version). I don't know much about ADR other than they don't offer forged rims and that they've been criticized by some as being a knock off rim manufacturer. I could care less about using a knockoff as long as the quality is there and they don't weigh a ton, so my question is are these wheels cheap knockoffs or decent rims at a decent price and/or does anyone have any other similar looking wheel suggestions? I've heard they are heavy, but the weight differences to me seem negligable. Will they bend very easily?

M-Sport in chrome:

I'm also interested in VOLK SF winnings but not to thrilled with the price and availability. From what I've heard/seen I'd prefer lower than 32 offset w/ a 3 to 4 inch polished lip, 9.5 inches wide. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:28 PM
It's Go-Time.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO, if you can afford the ride, you can spend a lil' extra for good quality wheels. I have read & heard good and bad stories about knockoff wheels. Manufacturers like ADR and Konig make a decent wheel for the money, but I have always told myself - you get what you pay for.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:16 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by GOT PSI?
IMHO, if you can afford the ride, you can spend a lil' extra for good quality wheels. I have read & heard good and bad stories about knockoff wheels. Manufacturers like ADR and Konig make a decent wheel for the money, but I have always told myself - you get what you pay for.
I see your point but I just have trouble justifying 2500$+ for wheels...I bought my acura integra (commuter car) for not much for than that and that was a whole car! The truth is, I want to buy FI for my car, a taseful body kit, and some brembo brakes...it adds up. I'd like to spend around 2k for wheels (including tires). Is this unrealistic? I want my car to look good but I'm not made of money so I need to be sensible about it.

Are forged wheels even necessary? I've never bent an OEM wheel on any of my cars and I'm sure none have been forged??
Old 04-29-2003, 08:27 PM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i have had ADR's and they BEND very easily. For a decent rim look into Ace Alloy. Rondog has put them through morehell than my stockers and they are still looking good.