Acura warranty is great.

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 05:41 AM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Acura warranty > Honda

I know we all bitch about how this and that don't get fixed under warranty but I just had an experience doing a Honda warrant repair lately in my sister's Accord.

With honda, when you bring the car in not only were their donuts worse than my other acura dealer but they'll talk to you to see about a warranty problem and then continue to CHARGE you $75.00 in case it's not actually a warranty problem and it's something else so that they can make money on the few minutes it'll take them to peek at the issue. If it's under warranty then they'll refund you the $75.00 but if they can find any excuse that it's not they'll take your $75.00 and put it as "a deposit" towards your repairs. Of course not many idiots will have a rattle or a squeak repaired at the dealer for a rediculous amount of money so they basically take your $75.00. 3 year / 36K and they give you shitty service like this? Not only that but the Honda has no roadside assistance and even if they fix your car under warranty there's no loaner! WTF? Even VW has roadside assistance and they're not really thought of as being average marketed cars.

All those new generation Accord V6 owners can blow me. For 4K more than their car I can gladfully say that the warranty is the best part about my car. They think they're getting a great bargain until they go in to get any servicing done.
Old 11-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Powered By HONDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think honda offers the same kind of warranty too.
as my wife's element had some problems
we went in and out of the dealership couple times
all the problems were taken care.
with a nice serive and customer respect..
Old 11-09-2003, 08:04 AM
///M POWER

my dealer aint got donuts
Old 11-09-2003, 08:19 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn donuts .

Jens
Old 11-09-2003, 08:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
My dealers are worse then that Honda dealer, you get donuts?!
Old 11-09-2003, 08:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Acura dealers do work a lot harder to please their customrs. Look at all the people on this board who've had their trannies replaced not once but twice or three times at no charge or have had their rotors resurfaced for free. A lot of dealerships will find some underhanded way to blame you or call this normal wear and tear. Sure it sucks that the product was defective in the first place but something needs to be said about Acura's willingness to own up to the problems and try to fix them.
Old 11-09-2003, 09:04 AM
Drifting

my dealership gets donuts/bagels and soda.

lol
Old 11-09-2003, 09:09 AM
Beware of leakage

Intertesting story Civic, but I guess all dealers vary. Whenever I take my boss's AV6 in for some new noise or whatever he can find wrong with it which he thinks is 'abnormal'. My rep at the Honda dealership has never once asked me for a deposit. They have courtesy transportation, and even gave me a loaner once when his car was going to have to be kept overnight.
Sux that they gave you shit
Old 11-09-2003, 09:14 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Jens H.
Damn donuts .

Jens
Hey, I only got munchkins at my last PAA visit
At least I got all the chocolate ones :P
Old 11-09-2003, 09:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: Acura warranty > Honda

Originally posted by civic4982
I know we all bitch about how this and that don't get fixed under warranty but I just had an experience doing a Honda warrant repair lately in my sister's Accord.

With honda, when you bring the car in not only were their donuts worse than my other acura dealer but they'll talk to you to see about a warranty problem and then continue to CHARGE you $75.00 in case it's not actually a warranty problem and it's something else so that they can make money on the few minutes it'll take them to peek at the issue. If it's under warranty then they'll refund you the $75.00 but if they can find any excuse that it's not they'll take your $75.00 and put it as "a deposit" towards your repairs. Of course not many idiots will have a rattle or a squeak repaired at the dealer for a rediculous amount of money so they basically take your $75.00. 3 year / 36K and they give you shitty service like this? Not only that but the Honda has no roadside assistance and even if they fix your car under warranty there's no loaner! WTF? Even VW has roadside assistance and they're not really thought of as being average marketed cars.

All those new generation Accord V6 owners can blow me. For 4K more than their car I can gladfully say that the warranty is the best part about my car. They think they're getting a great bargain until they go in to get any servicing done.
im not understanding this issue

I had a 00 accord coupe v6 with the honda extended warranty before i got my cl-s

25k miles the alternator went dead because of the damn AEM pulley. called Honda Care and they towed my accord to the dealership and dealership gave me a rental.

No issues no deposit! I think "that particular" dealership you took the accord to was trying to screw you!

sidemarker
Old 11-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SpeedyV6
Acura dealers do work a lot harder to please their customrs. Look at all the people on this board who've had their trannies replaced not once but twice or three times at no charge or have had their rotors resurfaced for free. A lot of dealerships will find some underhanded way to blame you or call this normal wear and tear. Sure it sucks that the product was defective in the first place but something needs to be said about Acura's willingness to own up to the problems and try to fix them.
neither do acura service

you want good "consistent" service? buy a lexus!

if you dont want to hassle with the service department well do what i do, NEVER TAKE THE CAR IN!

i have 37k miles on my 02 cl-s and have never taken my car to get serviced at the dealership.

"if it aint broke, dont fix it!"

sidemarker
Old 11-09-2003, 12:02 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Originally posted by SpeedyV6
bullshit.
What about the guy that that had a 6 speed CLS with 12 K and the tranny went dead? They are trying to shaft them and make him pay for everything!

I have had much better experiences when I owned my honda accord. I will never buy another acura again. EVER! The local honda dealership never treated me wrong, never charged a fee to see what was wrong. In fact for a long time I was even taking my acura to the honda dealership because they were that much better!

Thats my .03
Old 11-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
If you've ever dealt with Chevy/GM dealerships, you will never complain about Acura.

When we had our Tahoe, the service was excellent at times, but usually it was horrible. They always took our money to assess the problem, then if I decided not to fix it, then I had to pay 75 dollars.

My dad just bought a new XL Denali. I'm seriously hoping that GMC would be better than Chevy, and live up to its claim of being professional grade, because I'm seriously sick of bad dealership services. I will drive my Acura into their garage to protest and make a statement.