Acura wants $100 for cupholder!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2001, 06:56 PM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura wants $100 for cupholder!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I've got the old kind with the circlets that come out. I must have put a extra large drink in and the circlet stuck to the bottom and is now probably residing in the trash dump. I went to my Friendly Neighborhood Acura Dealership to get either the circlets (since that's all I lost) or purchase the new kind of insert.

The parts guy, after looking it up, politely informs me that it will be $100.00. I said,"Excuse me?". He repeated what I KNEW must have been a mishear of biblical proportions, "$100.00 please". After I stifled the urge to do a matrix-like spinning back-kick across the service desk, I inquired of him, "don't you think $100.00 is a little EXPENSIVE for a little plasted circlet, even for Acura?!?!?" He said that I had to order the complete assembly, and that was $100.00.

Dog Brothers (and the occasional dog sister) Do I look like a freakin idiot!?!? Uhh...rhetorical question...!

Surely, I remember others here discussing a $10.00 or $15.00 replacement for the old cupholder.

If anyone can help me not go back down there and be a news event today, I'd appreciate it. Wayne or Jens...ANYONE, where can I get either the new cupholder or the old one, or just the freakin circlets. I'm not adverse to paying for them...but not $100.00. What do they take me for...a Republican!?!?

...no offense on the republican thing....

dee

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude
Old 04-28-2001, 07:06 PM
Pro

Run a cupholder search. It is like 6 or 7 dollars for the new one. They just don't care. Very frustrating to hear this info. Call the area guys and tell them what you're dealing with. I would also ask the dealer guy to state in writing that this part is not available and then show him the parts number you will find if you run the search on this site.
Old 04-28-2001, 07:06 PM
Old timer

Btw, what's the deal with the cupholders? What is the new insert? Is there something different than what comes stock on the CL-S?
I just bought a CL-S today - does mine still have the "old" one?

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 04-28-2001, 07:17 PM
Pro

Parts # 77237-SOK-A02--Report what that dope says when you give him the parts #.

[This message has been edited by louisn (edited 04-28-2001).]
Old 04-28-2001, 07:22 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Go to a car show and take it out like i did.
Paid 9 for the cupholder cuz that was how much it was to enter the nyc autoshow.
Old 04-28-2001, 08:10 PM

UPDATE:

Louisn: I did the search (sorry, before you guys responded) and I printed it out and took it back down there.

The guy looked it up and said, "Geez, I can't pull it up to look at it, but it does come up on my ordering system." I was like, "Go FIGURE!". He said, "I can order that part for you, if you'd like". I answered, "no I wouldn't like, what the freak do you think I went all the way home, logged onto www.acura-cl.com, searched for it, printed it out, and drove ALL the way back down here for...your edification?!?!"

He said, "oh, well, it'll be $7.00 plus tax then". I finished with, "oh, goody!".

dee

Thanks guys for the heads-up and the looking out for me.

dee

------------------
Old 04-28-2001, 09:18 PM
Banned

You need the Kensteel road warrior setup. Then you could have shown the dumbass your proof in living color without the extra trips.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CL Type S with Spoiler and Navi
Charter member of the Scratched Rim Club
Old 04-29-2001, 03:17 AM

Yeah, I'd left the laptop at home, otherwise I'd have dialed in, and shown him. I really wanted him to see the website so they could at least faked a clue!

dee

------------------