Acura Service: Sign of a Bad Relationship

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 06:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Service: Sign of a Bad Relationship

i was just at the dealer (Mike Harvey Acura, Burlingame, CA) this morning to have my car looked at. i took my car in last week to have the rattles hushed and my parking brake adjusted. i picked it up the same day and i noticed immediately that my car has lost power. i have noticed some resistance when accelerating (rpm needle higher than usual, engine revving a little too much, shifting a lot slower than before). i used to be able to accelerate "smoothly," and when i mean smoothly you (guys and girls) better know what i am talking about. lately, i have been having to put a lot more pressure on the pedal to get to the speed that i want. i have complained about this and they said that "everything is normal."

this is bullshit!

another complain that i have is that i have lost my power assist when braking. power assist is when the brake system slows the car even more without your adding more pressure to the pedal. you guys (and girls) should know what i am talking about as well.

two MAJOR complaints and all they said to me was "the computer did not register anything, therefore, everything is okay."

FUCK THAT SHIT! i am talking about how the car feels--AND IT DON'T FEEL RIGHT! and all they can say to me is that the stupid computer says everything is okay. one of the technician went for a test drive with me, and i am very surprised that he came to the conclusion that nothing is wrong.

my complaint is legit, because i know how my car handled, and i know how my car performed prior to bringing it in last week. now if someone were to say to me that i am wrong because the computer says i'm wrong, although, one can tell how poorly the car is "actually" performing, then i'd like to smoke the crack that he's smoking.

this is what i have to say. feel free to bring in your opinion. you can be on my side, or you can be on the other side. all i ask is for you to feel me on this, and feel me with how you feel when you are driving your car, for i have lost that loving feeling. it is not the car's fault, i know. it is the F**KING moron that tells me she's fine, when she herself tells me she's not!

the angel of "revange" has justly rated this dealership with an rpm of 1 (in the scale of a CL's tachometer) for bad service. the angel of revange strongly believes that the customer is KING, and when the KING's integrity is questioned the angel is sent to impose judgement.

------------------
---revangel---
2001 CL-S Satin Silver / Ebony Interior / Navi
Old 04-02-2001, 06:53 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The customer is always king....people always forget that. Keep bitching to the dealer. Do they fucking think you are making this shit up to cause a problem. Not all problems will set a code in the car's ECU (i.e. check engine light). I think now is the right time to start thinking about breaking the chain of command. Complain to the regional customer care center for Cali.

------------------
-Phin
www.generationinformation.com
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-02-2001, 07:27 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phinthesky:
The customer is always king....people always forget that. Keep bitching to the dealer. Do they fucking think you are making this shit up to cause a problem. Not all problems will set a code in the car's ECU (i.e. check engine light). I think now is the right time to start thinking about breaking the chain of command. Complain to the regional customer care center for Cali.

</font>

Yes, how often that maxim goes without heed. You, as the customer should be treated like a king (certain exceptions apply -- like people going postal cause they couldn't step in front of someone). Barring this exceptional behavior, you should get ALL of the issues you bothering you taken care of.

1. Do you have an alternative dealer?
2. Do report the idiots who treated you this way!

Some thoughts -- just 'cause the engine codes don't come on, doesn't mean that there isn't a problem. Someone needs to go to get some logic training -- they got it backwards.
The implication is this: if an engine code flashes a series of long-short codes, THERE is a problem that happened (generally at least 2 times). So, a problem did occur.

Now, if we try a reverse the logic to say that no code means nothing wrong, this means that the PERSONS brain is not working -- not the car!

The power assist problem is probably outside the watch of the engine diagnostics. Some morons won't even try to duplicate your problem. How long and how hard do you have to push the pedal to get the problem to happen?

------------------
Dr's car's is stealthy -- able to sneak up on unsuspecting victims
Old 04-02-2001, 07:53 PM
Advanced

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrJeckle and Hyde:

The power assist problem is probably outside the watch of the engine diagnostics. Some morons won't even try to duplicate your problem. How long and how hard do you have to push the pedal to get the problem to happen?
</font>
If you are referring to the brakes, I feel like I am not getting any "assistance" at all. It seems as though my car's braking function demoted itself to being just another braking system. If I want to slow down, I press on the pedal. If I needed to slow down some more, I apply more pressure. The braking system "normally" is not designed that way. Our braking system, IMO, is more sophisticated than that.

My way of describing the braking "assist" function is, when one puts pressure on the brake pedal in the attempt to slow down, the car's braking system applies more friction to the brakes WITHOUT the driver imposing additional pressure to the brake pedal.

I will certainly take your advise and bring it to another dealership to have them look at it. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

------------------
---revangel---
Old 04-02-2001, 08:18 PM
dlp
Instructor

Try Oakland Acura... they are one of the highest rated Acura dealerships in the state - from what a friend of mine at Hopkins Acura told me...

------------------
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV & Spoiler. San Marino Red/Parchment int. Purchased 2/28/01.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1584587&a=12058921
Old 04-02-2001, 10:57 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Revangel,
Go to Acura of Concord. They were awarded excellent customer service award three times in 97,98 and 99. Schedule in advance during the week, NOT ON A SATURDAY ! Plan to leave them your car for the day and they will take care of you ! I have heard nothing of the sort about Oakland Acura....

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 04-03-2001, 03:36 AM
2nd Gear

you said that you brought your car in to get your parking brake adjusted. Do you think they some how messed up and tighten the parking brakes too much that it's actually always braking? That might explain the higher RPM (cuz the car needs more power to move foward) and that you have to push harder on the gas pedal. You might want to have the parking brake checked again by some other dealer.

------------------
Silver CL Type S
Old 04-03-2001, 03:38 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OilFighter:
you said that you brought your car in to get your parking brake adjusted. Do you think they some how messed up and tighten the parking brakes too much that it's actually always braking?</font>
That was my thought exactly.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S - San Marino Red / Parchment - #26519
non-nav - wheel locks - splash guards - PIAA 19169s - Pics of my car
Old 04-03-2001, 10:50 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OilFighter:
you said that you brought your car in to get your parking brake adjusted. Do you think they some how messed up and tighten the parking brakes too much that it's actually always braking? That might explain the higher RPM (cuz the car needs more power to move foward) and that you have to push harder on the gas pedal. You might want to have the parking brake checked again by some other dealer.

</font>
God, I hope that is not the case. Correct me if I am wrong, but cars with 4-wheel disc still have some type of drum assembly for the parking brake. If the tensioning cable is too tight, I wonder what it could fuck up. I am going to ask some of the engineers around here. (I work in a brake manufacturing and design facility.) I let you know.

------------------
-Phin
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-03-2001, 11:06 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phinthesky:
God, I hope that is not the case. Correct me if I am wrong, but cars with 4-wheel disc still have some type of drum assembly for the parking brake. If the tensioning cable is too tight, I wonder what it could fuck up. I am going to ask some of the engineers around here. (I work in a brake manufacturing and design facility.) I let you know.

</font>

Okay, I just talked with an engineer at work who used to work at some Japanese company in Ohio that makes the brakes for the Accord and CL. He said that the parking brake probably is adjusted too tight. He also said that this is just a temporary condition. As the pad material wears away (from dragging on the rotor), your braking and acceleration will return to normal. I asked him if the rotors will be damaged and he said that they will not, "its not the best for the rotors and will cause some wear, but the pads will definitely wear faster." He recommended this. Jack up your car. THen spin the back two tires. Both should come to a gradual stop after several revolutions. If you spin the tires and you hear excessive grinding or if they stop spinning after only a turn or two, the parking brake is set too tight. I hope this helps.

------------------
-Phin
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-03-2001, 05:05 PM
Advanced

phin,

a big thanks to you. i really appreciate your taking the time to research on the matter. i will look into it hopefully within the week. i'm a little busy here at work, but i might drop it off at a nearby dealership instead to have them look at it.

thanks again for everyone's input. i certainly feel much better now. i'm glad that you guys are out there.

------------------
---revangel---
Old 04-03-2001, 05:08 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by revangel:
phin,

a big thanks to you. i really appreciate your taking the time to research on the matter. i will look into it hopefully within the week. i'm a little busy here at work, but i might drop it off at a nearby dealership instead to have them look at it.

thanks again for everyone's input. i certainly feel much better now. i'm glad that you guys are out there.

</font>
That's what we are here for. We are one big happy family. Somewhat disfunctional, but reasonably sane.

------------------
-Phin
AOL IM - paullanz01
CHECK IT OUT!!
Old 04-03-2001, 06:33 PM
Soon to be, fairly famous

Emphasis on "reasonably"!

------------------
PimpDaddy Gold, Deep Tint, BAAAAAD Attitude