acura service blows

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2003, 02:17 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
acura service blows

:o

took my car in over 3 weeks ago cause it was acting up, they scanned the car..., came out to be the TPS, youd think they'ed fuckin iver nite the parts if mny car was fuckin acting up, the service advisor said he's gimmie a call when the parts get in and t shouldnt be more than 2-3 days, 7 days later i give him a call and he says there not in yet, so today, i believ over 2 or 3 weeks since i took the car in i decide to give em a call since they raent calling me, turns out that the parts came in this morning and i never got a call, so i make an appontment and they cant get me in a loaner until another 2 fuckin weeks , cant wait to fill out the service survey when i get to the dealer

what kind of dumb fucks are running this company
Old 12-04-2003, 04:08 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Not Acura ! Dealerships are "Independently" owned............
Old 12-04-2003, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not Acura ! Dealerships are "Independently" owned...
Bullshit. Acura is then dumb for letting idiots own dealerships and have incompetant people work for them, pissing customers off and giving them more reasons to try other brands.
Old 12-04-2003, 04:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
You sure you werent at a Nissan dealership?
Old 12-04-2003, 04:59 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Re: acura service blows

Originally posted by darrinb
:o

took my car in over 3 weeks ago cause it was acting up, they scanned the car..., came out to be the TPS, youd think they'ed fuckin iver nite the parts if mny car was fuckin acting up, the service advisor said he's gimmie a call when the parts get in and t shouldnt be more than 2-3 days, 7 days later i give him a call and he says there not in yet, so today, i believ over 2 or 3 weeks since i took the car in i decide to give em a call since they raent calling me, turns out that the parts came in this morning and i never got a call, so i make an appontment and they cant get me in a loaner until another 2 fuckin weeks , cant wait to fill out the service survey when i get to the dealer

what kind of dumb fucks are running this company
Next time have your PARENTS call. I bet you will get better results.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:02 PM
Three Wheelin'

Acura blows! next car is a lexus.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:27 PM
Pro

Re: Re: acura service blows

Originally posted by 1killercls
Next time have your PARENTS call. I bet you will get better results.

This is probably true. You'll need to get your parents to set those idiots straight.

Oh yeah, Lexus service is unbeatable.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:28 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Bullshit. Acura is then dumb for letting idiots own dealerships and have incompetant people work for them, pissing customers off and giving them more reasons to try other brands.
Oh, man. You need to try domestic brand dealerships. They are even worse.
Old 12-04-2003, 05:51 PM
Best D-Line in the NFL

Location: Gainesville, Fl for college, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl at Home
ya acura service does suck, but they got two pimps at palm beach acura now that make things a little nicer.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Darrin this type of stuff varies from dealer to dealer. Its not Honda/Acura's fault.
Old 12-04-2003, 06:14 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

If Acura wants the lux image they need to put up or shut up......punish dealership who do shit like this....
Old 12-04-2003, 06:32 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally posted by F23A4
You sure you werent at a Nissan dealership?
when i owned my 3 nissans when i took em in for service i was surprised how good they were. i didnt get a loaner but they did good work.

i didnt ask for a loaner
with acura i expect it for some reason
Old 12-04-2003, 06:33 PM
registered pw

yeah i know my grammar sucks today
Old 12-04-2003, 07:31 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Pure Adrenaline
Oh, man. You need to try domestic brand dealerships. They are even worse.
Yeah, now you know they suck when Acura is being compared to a domestic manufacturer. Go with Lexus next time. I am.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:33 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by AZMerf
Yeah, now you know they suck when Acura is being compared to a domestic manufacturer. Go with Lexus next time. I am.
Did I miss something here? What was that supposed to mean??
Old 12-05-2003, 02:23 AM
hail to the victors

maybe it's just michigan thing. acura of Ann arbor is a shitty place too.... place is always empty and service suck so bad.. i miss my dad's lexus dealer in SC. they were so nice, and treat you like a king..
Old 12-05-2003, 02:25 AM
hail to the victors

FIRE ALL OF THEM!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 03:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah I have been now without my Acura for a month as of yesterday for the 4th Tranny.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:18 AM
registered pw

Originally posted by chungkopi
maybe it's just michigan thing. acura of Ann arbor is a shitty place too.... place is always empty and service suck so bad.. i miss my dad's lexus dealer in SC. they were so nice, and treat you like a king..
it could be michigan thing b/c of the manufacturing plants up there. from what i have heard is that most cars in mich. are domestic.

you would think they would be better to distinguish themselves from ford
Old 12-05-2003, 04:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by NJ_CLS_driver
Yeah I have been now without my Acura for a month as of yesterday for the 4th Tranny.
Yeah, but think how much longer it will last since you're not running up the miles on it.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

haha yea, I have saved a lot on gas, but the 4th tranny is crazy. So I am working with a Honda person to get me into a TL at Cost, otherwise I told them I'm going lemon law

Originally posted by Starter
Yeah, but think how much longer it will last since you're not running up the miles on it.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:49 AM
Burning Brakes

I don't know Darrin. I have been dealing with Suburban Acura since 1998 with my first CL and I have had excellent service on each and every visit.

They area not perfect however, I am so picky I have had instances where they accidentally scratched the door rocker panel when at service with a shoe and have replaced it.

I go in, they immediately put a DO NOT WASH tag on the car and provide a loaner each and every time, in or out of warranty.

I am also cool with them and don't demand things. There is a tactical way to handle things, but I am also 40 years old and haveover 20 years of experience with managing people, people skills and customer service.

Another thing that may or may not affect your relationship at your dealer is that you walked out on a salesman, bought your car somewhere else and are taking your car to the dealer you didn't buy from!!!!! I don't care what any manufacturer says about this not being an issue. Your ACura can be services at most any HOnda or Acura dealer in the US, but you have more clout when you sservice your car where you bought it.

I can walk into your dealer and they know me on a first name basis in Sales, the Cashier, service counter and technicians in the shop!!!!!

Also, only one person has touched my CL in service since day 1.

The only issue I have is a personality conflict with the sales manager. It has nothing to do with the dealer or Acura, rather I bruised his big ego once, by not buying the 6 speed I asked for a quote on----he ordered it without a deposit and then told me he lost money on it since nobody will buy a six speed in his dealer's demographics. HA HA to him!!! BS!!!!
Old 12-05-2003, 06:05 AM
The anti-misshift

chungkopi and darrinb: why don't you guys go to Acura of Troy instead of Suburban Acura or Ann Arbor Acura. I know is a bit far from you guys but at least they treat you like a human
Old 12-05-2003, 08:53 AM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by CCType-S
chungkopi and darrinb: why don't you guys go to Acura of Troy instead of Suburban Acura or Ann Arbor Acura. I know is a bit far from you guys but at least they treat you like a human
Agreed. I got my car from there, and since I was a bastard negotiator during a slow business season, all the salespeople know me. But in a good way.

They take good care of me, and they haven't said anything about my mods yet.

There's this new guy, probably in his early to mid 20's. I brought my car in for a free oil change offer, and I guess he played around with my car in the shop. Ended up talking to him for like 20 minutes about cars and mods. Real cool guy.

I like Acura of Troy, and Adrienne, whom I got my car from, is real nice. She's my age, so it's easier to connect than older salespeople. :o
Old 12-05-2003, 09:38 AM
Advanced

I have worked for Acura as well as Lexus - Don't get a lexus!! Their batteries go dead all the time. They were towed in on a daily basis.

I can get any car at cost - what state are you in?? I can't find your post anymore

Lemon Laws only count for cars that do not already have open campaigns. Acura has already recognized the Transmission and repairs them. I myself have had it replaced once and need to take it back for the same problem.
Old 12-05-2003, 10:43 AM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally posted by jnjones7701
I have worked for Acura as well as Lexus - Don't get a lexus!! Their batteries go dead all the time. They were towed in on a daily basis.

I can get any car at cost - what state are you in?? I can't find your post anymore

Lemon Laws only count for cars that do not already have open campaigns. Acura has already recognized the Transmission and repairs them. I myself have had it replaced once and need to take it back for the same problem.
All cars have their problems. But I'd much rather have a battery go dead than a transmission. You gotta pick the lesser of two evils on that comparision.

Any car at cost!?! How exactly do you go about that. And are you saying you'd pass that on to anyone who wanted to buy it?
Old 12-05-2003, 11:17 AM
RIP Red-CL

our family owns a nissan, acura and a mercedes. acura and nissan service blows. buy a mercedes they have great service reps, great service , and hot receptionists, as well as good complementary coffee (lol)
Old 12-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Advanced

oh, I have a full warranty on my car and yes the transmission has gone out but I could drive it to the dealership. all the Lexus I have seen were on rollbacks because they couldn't start. I would rather have a car that would start than one that would not. My last transmission was free and I am going back for a second. Its all in the recall.

Any dealership I have worked for I get the cars at cost. It it is used then I pay what they gave the owner as trade, + state inspection and certification.

My CL type S was $20K - FULL warranty. I don't even pay for gas.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:03 PM
Advanced

as for the service departments - I have worked in BMW, Lexus, Acura, Audi, Subaru, Volvo, Chevy, Isuzu, Kia service departments and I think each type of car has thier own type of owner.
I mean each personality is attracted to each type of car - there for each additude in that makes service department will varry.

I live just outside of Annapolis - everything is more expensive and I think that makes the additude there more snotty and stuck up. mix that with a higher end make and you have a shitty additude and service department. The only one that cares about the services dept CSI is the manager and the owner(s). They are the only ones that benifits financially.

Jessica
Old 12-05-2003, 12:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 249 Likes on 175 Posts
as for the service departments - I have worked in BMW, Lexus, Acura, Audi, Subaru, Volvo, Chevy, Isuzu, Kia service departments and I think each type of car has thier own type of owner.
I mean each personality is attracted to each type of car - there for each additude in that makes service department will varry.

I live just outside of Annapolis - everything is more expensive and I think that makes the additude there more snotty and stuck up. mix that with a higher end make and you have a shitty additude and service department. The only one that cares about the services dept CSI is the manager and the owner(s). They are the only ones that benifits financially.

Jessica
I was pretty happy with Criswell in Annapolis. I have been doing alot of work at the Naval Academy lately and hadn't been able to schedule an oil change locally. I had an hour or so to spare so I just rolled in and asked if they could squeeze me in. They could and it did take almost 2 hours, but they were very nice. They sent me stuff in the mail and even followed up with a phone call 2 days later to see how things were. Too bad 3 days later my tranny failed. Oh well.

I grew up around Bethesda/Rockville/Potomac and the attitude there is about the same as I've experienced in Annapolis.

Arnold is a really nice area from what I hear, by the way.
Old 12-05-2003, 12:54 PM
Advanced

I worked at Criswell! Some of the things the tell me are incorrect. First time they said it was not my transmission so I went to the body shop my uncle owns and he said it was. I wnet back and spoke to a different advisor (and team of techs) and SUPRISE it was my transmission. I am having the same poping noise so I will trec back down there. Maybe a cv joint but it sounds the same as last time.

They want your car to be completely cooled off before they will pull it in for an oil change, but 2 hours is alittle long.

My car was owned for about 3 months and the guy traded it in for the 5 speed. The dealership certified it but my fog light was missing a bulb, windshield was cracked and there was something else minor - I don't like that team of advisor and tech - how can you miss these if you are cert. the car??
Old 12-05-2003, 02:50 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally posted by thealliance15
our family owns a nissan, acura and a mercedes. acura and nissan service blows. buy a mercedes they have great service reps, great service , and hot receptionists, as well as good complementary coffee (lol)
we own an Infiniti and an Acura...tell ya the truth, ALWAYS better treatment at the Acura Dealer.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:08 PM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I worked at Criswell! Some of the things the tell me are incorrect. First time they said it was not my transmission so I went to the body shop my uncle owns and he said it was. I wnet back and spoke to a different advisor (and team of techs) and SUPRISE it was my transmission. I am having the same poping noise so I will trec back down there. Maybe a cv joint but it sounds the same as last time.

They want your car to be completely cooled off before they will pull it in for an oil change, but 2 hours is alittle long.

My car was owned for about 3 months and the guy traded it in for the 5 speed. The dealership certified it but my fog light was missing a bulb, windshield was cracked and there was something else minor - I don't like that team of advisor and tech - how can you miss these if you are cert. the car??
Jess- where do you live? I'm just outside of Annapolis too, in the Cape. I just bought a 2001 CL-s with 29K miles from Chevy Chase Acura. It was in fairly bad shape when I first saw it, and YES, they had certified it. It had a large crack in the front bumper, a blown rear shock, the driver's back seat heater didn't work, scratched wheels, and door dings on both sides. Did I mention that they said that it was already certified? Yes they did repair everything and when it was delivered it was hard to tell it was the same car.
Old 12-05-2003, 04:08 PM
hail to the victors

hm.. i never heard about that.. and i've never seen lexus getting towed.. all i hear from lexus owner is that lexus is unbreakable..

well, my dad's lexus only has 15000 mile on it, so far so good. quietest car in the whole world..
Old 12-05-2003, 05:30 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by BBsAcuraRacing
I don't know Darrin. I have been dealing with Suburban Acura since 1998 with my first CL and I have had excellent service on each and every visit.

They area not perfect however, I am so picky I have had instances where they accidentally scratched the door rocker panel when at service with a shoe and have replaced it.

I go in, they immediately put a DO NOT WASH tag on the car and provide a loaner each and every time, in or out of warranty.

I am also cool with them and don't demand things. There is a tactical way to handle things, but I am also 40 years old and haveover 20 years of experience with managing people, people skills and customer service.

Another thing that may or may not affect your relationship at your dealer is that you walked out on a salesman, bought your car somewhere else and are taking your car to the dealer you didn't buy from!!!!! I don't care what any manufacturer says about this not being an issue. Your ACura can be services at most any HOnda or Acura dealer in the US, but you have more clout when you sservice your car where you bought it.

I can walk into your dealer and they know me on a first name basis in Sales, the Cashier, service counter and technicians in the shop!!!!!

Also, only one person has touched my CL in service since day 1.

The only issue I have is a personality conflict with the sales manager. It has nothing to do with the dealer or Acura, rather I bruised his big ego once, by not buying the 6 speed I asked for a quote on----he ordered it without a deposit and then told me he lost money on it since nobody will buy a six speed in his dealer's demographics. HA HA to him!!! BS!!!!
most my experoence with suburban is fine, they treat me very well when i'm there. my age has nothing to do w/ how fast they order there parts ,
i didnt walk out on chip when we were buying the car, my dad made him an offfer as they were closing and he said good nite, so i was like fuck him i aint given him no business, we got a better price from troy that suburban coundt match
Old 12-05-2003, 05:31 PM
///M POWER

Originally posted by CCType-S
they are not as mod friendly
Old 12-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Dragging knees in

Originally posted by darrinb
they are not as mod friendly
You sure? I haven't been to Suburban yet, so I can't comment on that, but Acura of Troy didn't give two shits about my mods when I took it in last time.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Cruz_msl
Jess- where do you live? I'm just outside of Annapolis too, in the Cape. I just bought a 2001 CL-s with 29K miles from Chevy Chase Acura. It was in fairly bad shape when I first saw it, and YES, they had certified it. It had a large crack in the front bumper, a blown rear shock, the driver's back seat heater didn't work, scratched wheels, and door dings on both sides. Did I mention that they said that it was already certified? Yes they did repair everything and when it was delivered it was hard to tell it was the same car.

I live off of College Pkwy - Shore Acres - just down the street. I worked there and that was how they sold me the car. I understand how they look from a trade in or off of the auction line, but I had to write my own service ticket for the repairs. I already owned the car when the repairs were done. It wasn't so much that I minded, just it seems that that same advisor and tech always seem to miss things.

Such as the Pass air bag light that comes on: this advisor tried to tell me that my purse must weigh the same as a child, so the car knew to turn off the air bag. (because I am a girl??) My passenger was a full grown adult woman. Not nearly the same in weight as a purse, at least not one I could carry.
Old 12-05-2003, 07:43 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by chungkopi
hm.. i never heard about that.. and i've never seen lexus getting towed.. all i hear from lexus owner is that lexus is unbreakable..

well, my dad's lexus only has 15000 mile on it, so far so good. quietest car in the whole world..
I worked there in 1999. It was mostly the ES's that were towed in. I don't think I ever saw and GS or LS for that problem. OR maybe it was that dealership doing something?? Who knows. The customers were not happy, but the dealership made it all better with a free car wash.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:13 PM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I live off of College Pkwy - Shore Acres - just down the street. I worked there and that was how they sold me the car. I understand how they look from a trade in or off of the auction line, but I had to write my own service ticket for the repairs. I already owned the car when the repairs were done. It wasn't so much that I minded, just it seems that that same advisor and tech always seem to miss things.

Such as the Pass air bag light that comes on: this advisor tried to tell me that my purse must weigh the same as a child, so the car knew to turn off the air bag. (because I am a girl??) My passenger was a full grown adult woman. Not nearly the same in weight as a purse, at least not one I could carry.
Do you ever go to Bella's? Deep Creek?

Quick Reply: acura service blows