8am GMT wake up for flight from Dublin to New York

1030am GMT flight leaves for NY.

7hrs and 25mins later arrive in NY for connecting flight to Orlando

Time change of -5hrs

EST

5PM Leave NY for Orlando

725 arrive in Orlando

8pm arrive to my car,

Try to start the car and nothing ......I'm like WTF, fly over 4500miles 16hrs later and my car wont start... and i have another 250miles to drive to Ft.lauderdale,

this is all i need......

Call Acura RSA tell me, sent Truck out will be there 30mins......

2hrs later, the fucker dont show up

Call AAA 15mins later , i get a jump, car starts.

I leave Orlando just alittle after 10pm.

So asked ARSA, what happens if my CLS wont start after the jump. I find out they will tow it to the Acura nearest dealer... ok ...so your to tell me that.

Me to CSA "so your telling me i will have to rent a car, drive to ft.lauderdale, 2-3days later drive back to Orlando pick up my car and then drive back ????" CSA yes that is correct sir, at your expense. thats a total of over 700miles you want me to do.... CSA i'm sorry sir, is there anything else i can help you with ?

WTF lol ......

So much for an extended warranty with Acura

And i believe the Tow truck the Acura sent never showed up...Never a follow up call, nothing

This has happened before, i believe there is a electrical short in the car somewhere, my local Acura dealer cant find it.....And the battery was replaced about 5months ago (at my expense) for the same problem.....

21hrs later i get home ....
Old 12-29-2004, 12:23 PM
Outnumbered at home

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn sucks man. I only had to use them once and it went pretty smoothly. called them, they sent a truck that came in 45 minutes. They actually called me in 30 minutes to update me on the trucks status.

Sorry for your trouble. Sucks to come home from a trip to that crap
Old 12-29-2004, 12:39 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too had to call them once, and it went smoothly. I'm a very impatient person, yet I didn't become that with Acura's service. Your experience must be one of those odd occassions.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
My experience with Roadside Assistance has been good. They were prompt, courteous, and kept in touch with me.

Also, with TLC, if you are stranded somewhere as a result of the car requiring a warranty repair, I believe that Acura is supposed to provide you with a room at a local hotel on their dollar for up to 3 days.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Not Asian

The problem sounds like the 3rd party tow company. I wouldn't put to much trust in most of those companies to do anything right or on time.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:49 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
My experience with Roadside Assistance has been good. They were prompt, courteous, and kept in touch with me.

Also, with TLC, if you are stranded somewhere as a result of the car requiring a warranty repair, I believe that Acura is supposed to provide you with a room at a local hotel on their dollar for up to 3 days.
When my trans went south, it was all I could do not to kill the little bitches on the other end of the phone. TLC sucks hardcore. Had a very imature young girl who was extremely sarcastic...asked for her manager & got the same from her. Was on the phone for several hours trying my very best to get my girl(by herself) out of the DC area and somewhere safe for the evening with the use of a loaner/rental.

Tried to send us to a dealer over an hour farther away from our destination and ended up taking 2 weeks to repair the thing.

Poor, very poor.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by phipark
The problem sounds like the 3rd party tow company. I wouldn't put to much trust in most of those companies to do anything right or on time.

Well your right to a point....The problem is i have to get Acura to choose the Towing company for me, my belief is its there responsiblty to provide me with a good/reliable Towing company....

But rememeber Acura NEVER followed up to make sure i got help, Also learned last night the Its not even a Acura company that you deal with..

ARSA is ran by some other company so its not even a Acura company
Old 12-29-2004, 01:19 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by F900
True. Something like Cross Country Roadside Assistance...not an Acura company.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:28 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I work for a consulting firm, and I've done some call center work. Geuss what...whenever you call a company's "customer service" it is highly unlikey that you are talking to someone that actually works for whatever company you're calling. Maybe 10-15% of the time, you might be talking to a company CSR. This is why you get scripted responses for almost everything. It's not an unusual thing, and most likely helps keep costs of our warranties (or extended warranties)down.

FWIW, I've had one experience with ARSA, and they were prompt, courteous, and everything went fine. I will say this though, when I needed the jump, the guy they sent was very nice and worked quickly, very efficient. And I thought at the time that I was lucky to get such a good third-party-towman.

I think it is Acura's responsibility to make sure these guys show up and live up to their standard. And shame on them for what happened in FL
Old 12-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
I think it is Acura's responsibility to make sure these guys show up and live up to their standard. And shame on them for what happened in FL
Agreed. Also their responsibility to make sure the CSR's on the phone aren't rude or nasty, as well.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:43 PM
Banned

Well aleast the GM from my local Dealer called me back we talked for a bit, i go and see him today. try and work out the problems.....

they will probably end up selling me a car, as he was telling me about the great sales there having lol go figure...
Old 12-29-2004, 01:52 PM
Banned

BTW this is the Website of my local bar i was at lol

http://www.gibneys.com/html/bar_frame.htm

I live in the same town U2 are from, some interesting stories where told 2nights ago...

The bar closes at 1130pm, where brought into the front lounge, there was like 14 of us...At midnight free Bar lol...we could of stayed all night, plenty of stories told.

U2 last year bought Pizza for every1 in the bar when they where there last DEC.

Anyways back to ACURA
Old 12-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Jerk Monster

With tlc if you're more than 100 miles from home they rent you a place and give 100 dollars a day, spending money, atleast thats what the tlc brochure says. You should read it, apparently TLC gives a bunch of free services
Old 12-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by Alucard13
With tlc if you're more than 100 miles from home they rent you a place and give 100 dollars a day, spending money, atleast thats what the tlc brochure says. You should read it, apparently TLC gives a bunch of free services
For 3 days...then your on your own. Plus, what if you actually drive your car...like on a real drive across a few states...and your trans takes a poop. You then have to return the rental back to where you got it...at your expense/time. In my case, I had to drive the rental back on a Saturday, 2 hours one way. It's their problem, but somehow, I'm the one who gets the inconvenience...
Old 12-29-2004, 05:58 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Alucard13
Yep, yep.

TLC really does suck, though. I had a serious problem with my car on a Saturday afternoon, and for pretty good reasons, I wanted my car to be towed to my house like 3 miles away, then on Monday, I would call up the dealership and they would tow it there, an hour and a half away.

TLC said no way in hell (not in those exact words, but they wouldn't even hear my case), and I said, "So you'd rather have a customer risk his life driving with this serious problem, because of your stupid rules about only towing to the dealership? They are closed, anyway, and I'm going to have it towed there, anyway!" The lady on the phone said, "Yeah. Anything else I can help you with?" Not even a hint of courtesy or sympathy. Her tone basically said, "go drive and kill yourself."

I hung up, and drove home very carefully. On Monday, I let the dealership have it REALLY good. I felt so much better afterwards.

Fuck TLC. I think the reason why they suck is because Acura outsources it to the Rocky Mountain Roadside Service company or whatever the hell it's called, based on a lump-sum annual payment or something, and naturally the roadside assistance company would try to save as many cases as possible from costing them money. Well, that's my best guess. I'll never be using them again. Even when I hit that raccoon a few weeks back and my car was disabled, I didn't even consider TLC as an option, because they would definitely leave me stranded there with no ride at 2 in the morning, while the car is towed to some dealership I've never been to and don't trust.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:28 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
My experience with the RSA, which has only been once, has been a good one. The guy jumped my car right in the garage. But when he got done I asked for his card and he recommended that I just call him directly instead of RSA and then he would send RSA the bill. Not sure if I would ever go that route. Sorry that happened to you Falcon 900. (just worked on a 50 the other day)
Old 12-30-2004, 08:46 PM

damn... sucks bro.

the one time i had to use ARSA, i had my car keys locked inside the trunk and they sent out a locksmith within 40 minutes and made me a new key free of charge.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:58 AM
Pro

TLC is a marketing ploy that is a total joke .. Acura's customer service .. isn't .. when the dealers look at me and try to explain to me the (cough) value of acura's customer care .. I burst our laughing and tell them that I'm well experienced with it .. and don't consider it to be worth anything ... because it isn't
Old 12-31-2004, 07:50 AM
Banned

Well its been worked out, talked to the local Acura GM, wants to fix the problems for once and for all. CLS goes in next week, they give me an loaner, and they keep my car until all the problems are worked out.
Old 12-31-2004, 11:29 AM
Beware of leakage

Damn Robert, that really really sucks man! I know you were pissed. I never used my RSA, but I'm kind of glad I didn't, because if it is routed through my dealership, I would have been stranded for days.
Also what did they 'think' was wrong with the car ?
Old 12-31-2004, 11:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Chopper
Damn Robert, that really really sucks man! I know you were pissed. I never used my RSA, but I'm kind of glad I didn't, because if it is routed through my dealership, I would have been stranded for days.
Also what did they 'think' was wrong with the car ?

Well the 1st item is, why is the battery dieing everytime i go on a trip for more then 3days +, i get back and the car wont start, due to the battery been Flat dead.

This is not the 1st time, last time they blamed it on the battery, i told them it was not the battery, but to prove them wrong i went ahead and got them to replace the battery as the Mx guy telling me the OEM battery are junk ...yeah right lol

Yesterday i'm sitting in the office of the GM, and head of there repair dept, is telling me its probably due the mods you have done to the car...i'm like WTF, What Mods ??...go figure try and blame it on something......other then themselfs .....
Old 12-31-2004, 11:44 AM
Homeless

Ya know...my battery did that a few times when I first got the car...everytime it sat for a few days...zip. Loose alternator belt maybe(in my case)? hmmmm...
Old 12-31-2004, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chef chris
Ya know...my battery did that a few times when I first got the car...everytime it sat for a few days...zip. Loose alternator belt maybe(in my case)? hmmmm...

Chris are you following me today or am i following you in the threads lol ...

Well the last time they checked "everything" according to them and blamed the battery....which is why they told me to replace it at my expense...maybe next week they will find the problem, if not looks like i will be driving there loaner for a while...
Old 01-01-2005, 01:39 PM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I spun my car into a curb and got stuck a few days ago, ARSA was SHIT. I called and was put on hold for over 20 mins with no response. My cell phone battery was getting weak and I had no choice but to call the police to get me out of there. Luckily my friend got there first to pull me out.

I have NO confidence in that service and will probably not call them again.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:21 PM
Homeless

^ sounds familiar.......
Old 01-01-2005, 05:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cruz_msl
When I spun my car into a curb and got stuck a few days ago, ARSA was SHIT. I called and was put on hold for over 20 mins with no response. My cell phone battery was getting weak and I had no choice but to call the police to get me out of there. Luckily my friend got there first to pull me out.

I have NO confidence in that service and will probably not call them again.

Thats why i have AAA, and just found out my insurance also has included roadside assistance...... Next time i'll call all 3, 1st one on site, gets my business lol
Old 01-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Contagious

If it makes you feel any better, Audi roadside sucks too. About a year and a half ago I had that ignition coil problem that plagued just about all 2002 A4's. I called roadside assistance, and they said a tow truck would be there in about 30-45 min. Well, 2.5 hrs later and no truck, I called roadside again. They told me that a truck was never called. The original operator didn't do shit. So I just decided to hell with them and drove the car to the dealer. It was soo nervewracking, but I made it and told the service manager about it. They didn't do anything, but it felt good to at least tell them what happened.
Old 01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
if you only knew...

Yesterday i'm sitting in the office of the GM, and head of there repair dept, is telling me its probably due the mods you have done to the car...i'm like WTF, What Mods ??...go figure try and blame it on something......other then themselfs .....
What dealer was this?
Old 01-03-2005, 11:18 PM
sexier than the sexiest

i woke up on a sunday morning and unfortunately i had two slashed tires so called TLC hoping that they could tow me to a tire shop but they said no only to the dealership, ON A SUNDAY MORNING WHEN ITS CLOSED!! i told them that i have to wait a whole day so i can get my tires fixed?? they were like sir we can only tow to a dealership in order to fix this issue, i got so frustrated i hung up on the guy. what was suprising that they called me back saying sorry for the disconnect, and tryed to have the tow truck come tow my car to a dealership. i said fuck you i dont need u. i ended up putting the donut on and use fix a flat just to get me to the tire shop like 2 miles away. TLC SUCKS ASS!!
Old 01-04-2005, 07:07 AM
Team Owner

Some of these are understandable complaints, but I think many of you guys have unreasonable expectations of the TLC program.
It’s designed mainly to take care of you when you have a WARRANTY problem with the car.

Tire slashing is vandalism.
A proper insurance policy w/towing coverage or a 35-dollar a year AAA plan is what you need to handle problems like that.

I can’t see blaming Acura for this one.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:44 AM
03' CL-S 6 speed w/ Nav

Well aleast the GM from my local Dealer called me back we talked for a bit, i go and see him today. try and work out the problems.....

they will probably end up selling me a car, as he was telling me about the great sales there having lol go figure...
the GM of my dealership, Los Gatos Acura, is a piece of $hit. The fcuker still owes me a current copy of the nav DVD which never came w/ the car. Screw him AND Los Gatos Acura.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:20 AM
sexier than the sexiest

its called ACURA ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, so my tires being slashed indicates i need ASSISTANCE along the ROADSIDE from the car manufacture who is ACURA!
Old 01-04-2005, 11:34 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sexytypes
its called ACURA ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE, so my tires being slashed indicates i need ASSISTANCE along the ROADSIDE from the car manufacture who is ACURA!

Roadside Assistance covers the following services:

Emergency Service: Battery boosting, delivery of gas to your stranded vehicle and changing flat tires are the types
of services provided. Acura Plus Roadside Assistance Plan does not cover the cost of gas.

Lockout Service: Should your keys get lost, broken or locked in your car, call us for immediate assistance.
All you pay for is the cost of replacement keys.

Winching Service: If you're stuck in snow, mud or a ditch, call us to arrange winching services.
We'll cover up to $100.00 per incident.

Towing Service: We will tow your vehicle from the breakdown site to your preferred Acura Dealer within 100 km or to the nearest Acura dealer within 500 km per incident.

Emergency Transportation: You are entitled to $100.00 per incident for commercial transportation in
the event of vehicle breakdown within 100 km of home.

Trip Interruption Benefits: Should your vehicle breakdown more than 100 km from home, Acura Plus will provide
you with up to $500.00 for emergency accommodation, meals and car rental.

Traffic Accident Services: For accidents within 100 km from home, we will tow your vehicle from the accident site to your preferred Acura Dealer within 100 km or to the nearest Acura dealer within 500 km per incident.

Emergency Message Service: In the event of an emergency, Acura Plus will make every effort to get a message
to family, friends or business associates. This service is provided 24 hours a day in Canada or the USA.

The Acura Computerized Trip Routing Service: Call us 14 days before you go on a trip and we'll send you a touring information package. The package includes a custom computerized trip routing map, road, city and vacation area maps, details of places of interest en route and more.

Dealer Locator Service: When necessary, Acura Plus will provide you with the exact location and phone number of the nearest authorized Acura Dealership. So you can locate original parts and quality Acura service anywhere in Canada or the USA.

Car Rental: If the repair time on a covered breakdown is 5 hours or greater, or Acura, a division of Honda Canada Inc. doesn't have the required parts, Acura Plus will allow you up to $35.00 per day towards a car rental for a maximum of five (5) days. This benefit cannot be claimed in conjunction with Trip Interruption Benefit.
When you purchase Acura Plus New Comprehensive or Major Component with Roadside Assistance, Tire Road Hazard coverage commences from the Original Registration Date of the vehicle.

Tire Road Hazard: If any of your vehicle's tires are damaged and unsafe due to a road hazard, Acura Plus will pay for the installation and balancing charges plus the value of the tire based on the remaining tread depth at the time of the loss. Maximum of four tires and/or repairs.*

*All the above listed benefits are included in the Factory Program except for Tire Road Hazard.

This website is a representation of the Acura Plus Roadside Assistance Plan offered. It is intended to provide an outline of the coverage offered under the Acura Plus Roadside Assistance Plan. Acura, a division of Honda Canada Inc. reserves the right to make changes at any time, without notice or obligation. Please refer to the contract itself for full details of coverage, limitations, exclusions and mutual responsibilities.