ACURA EXTENDED WARRANTY, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2003, 05:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACURA EXTENDED WARRANTY, is it worth it?

To get the extra windshield chips,
dents/dings and tire/wheel rim repair coverage without
paying the additional $295.00. Take a look at the
coverage and see if this worth it. The premium of
$1444 will add cover the car until May 2008 or 100,000
miles with a deductible of $100 for each service. For
premium of $1644, the deductible will be 0. The only
thing they require is that you do all the maintenance
recommended by Acura i.e. regular oil change, all
those thousand miles tuneups etc. She said that you
could do it yourself but you have to keep a log of
when it was done (odometer miles, date and copies of
receipt for all the supplies you used to do the
service).

With the tire coverage, they will replace a flat tire
up to $150, with the dings, they will fix any dings
someone put on your car.

I have the downloaded document showing the terms of this warranty, I think it's called Diamond Terms Condition (diamondtermscon.doc), if anyone wants a copy of this you can email me for it at azn5ucka86@hotmail.com

Does anyone have this, is it worth it?
Old 05-13-2003, 05:13 AM
Burning Brakes

Here's a little more

We are giving away a Free Titanium Package. This is the 24/7 towing, car rental, flat tire protection, wheel and rim protection, windshield repair, and dent and ding protection. There is a 1-800 # that my customers can call nation wide and in Canada if there is an issue with your vehicle. We will be charging customers $295.00 for these benefits on May 13th. Please call me toll free @ 1-866-711-1389

Thank you for visiting 1sourceautowarranty.com, one of the largest online providers of automobile extended warranties in the USA and Canada. My name is Sarah Evans and I know that smart shoppers like yourself realize that it only makes sense to pay a small amount now for an auto warranty so you can AVOID MASSIVE, UNEXPECTED REPAIR BILLS in the near future.

With comprehensive protection from 1SourceAutoWarranty.com, you get the satisfaction of knowing that you have the best coverage available in the industry and at savings of over 50% as compared with similar products found at your local auto dealership!

The following is pricing for warranty coverage on your 1999 ACURA 3.0 CL.

DIAMOND PLAN: This is our best vehicle coverage and would most resemble, the original manufacturer's "bumper to bumper" factory warranty. It s an exclusionary plan meaning that virtually all mechanical components are covered. The only exclusions are maintenance items such as, tune-ups, oil changes, brake pads, etc. To see the list of exclusions or to view the actual agreement (in section 8 A & B), please click here or contact me at 888-905-5700.

The price for a 60 Months/100000 Expiration Miles term Diamond Plan is: $1444.00.

Note: In certain instances, your quoted price in this letter may not reflect additional state surcharges as well as other surcharges such as: 4WD/AWD, Turbo/Supercharger and Diesel.

WHY CONSIDER 1SOURCEAUTOWARRANTY.COM?

With so many auto warranty web sites out there today, it is important to make sure that you are dealing with a reputable company when making your buying decision.

Here are some very good reasons why you should consider 1SourceAutoWarranty.com:

1. We cover items that most of our competitors do not - Items such as: Air Bags, GPS Systems, Emission Systems (Option), MacPherson Struts, Thermostats and even Seals & Gaskets as stand alone components. This means that should a seal or gasket fail during the term of your service agreement, we will cover this as a separate repair.

2. We have a 97% customer satisfaction rating for claims handling.

3. We do not out-source our marketing, customer service, administration or claims handling to ensure you, our customer, will always deal with our company and not a third-party.

4. We provide true Bumper-to-Bumper coverage , even if your vehicle is no longer covered by the original manufacturers warranty.

5. All of our programs are fully insured and reinsured by an A rated (Excellent) A.M. Best company.

6. Several thousand companies currently recommend 1SourceAutoWarranty.com as their exclusive warranty provider based upon our tremendous record for customer satisfaction. Major Internet companies that currently recommend 1SourceAutoWarranty.com are:

so anyone know if this is worth it? if so then I have to tell them asap
Old 05-13-2003, 06:25 AM
Liquid Ice

Received 89 Likes on 48 Posts
This doesnt sound like an Acura TLC Extended warranty. Try www.acurawarrantys.com and see how much they're charging, thats an actual factory warranty and you bring it to the dealership to get the car fixed. I was quoted ~$1000 for the warranty, but my car is only 1 year old with under 10000 miles on it ... as the car gets old and has more miles, the warranty is more expensive.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:56 AM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have up to 2years or 24000 miles to buy the Acura TLC warrenty without penalty. I just got my car and I plan on buying the warrenty but I am going to wait till I reach either of the two limits
Old 05-13-2003, 08:04 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
If it's not an Acura warranty, don't get it. My sister-inlaw had a non-GM extended warranty and her tranny failed. To make a long story story, the insurance company denied the claim and refuses to pay.

Acura or nothing!!!
Old 05-13-2003, 11:28 AM
CL 6 speeder

Generally these warrenties are for suckers. Especially for Japanese cars.
Old 05-13-2003, 01:38 PM
What, me drive fast?

Originally posted by spdy0001
You have up to 2years or 24000 miles to buy the Acura TLC warrenty without penalty. I just got my car and I plan on buying the warrenty but I am going to wait till I reach either of the two limits
Whoa, really? I wasn't told this when I bought my car. I didn't get the extended warranty because I knew that you could get it later but I thought that there was just some multiplying factor that as miles get racked up the price got jacked up. This is good to know if it is true since I have 12K miles and will gladly wait another year to get the extended warranty. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:52 PM

Yea its 100% true I even have the papers to prove it, you should too. When you picked up your car the dealer should have given you a pamphlet(sp?) that showed the time coverage of the standard warrenty compared to the diffrent extended warrenties. If you read this carefully you will see that somewhere on it(I forget where) it says about the 2 year or 24000 mile allowance. If you don't have these papers just call your dealership and they should be able to tell you all about it, or call acura customer service.
Old 05-13-2003, 02:54 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can buy an extended warrenty anytime within the original warrenty period.
Old 05-13-2003, 03:03 PM

Very true, but they add some crazy penalties to the price once you exceed 2 years or 24000 miles. At some point I would say that it is not worth the price
Old 05-13-2003, 03:53 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Do Acura warranty only. It lease you know they won't go out of business.