Acura Dealers stand behind Comptech parts, right?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2003, 03:14 PM
Manny Tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This really sucks big time. Back in Aug I went to an Acura dealer to have CT Springs and Sways installed. I got a call from the dealer telling me the CT Springs don't fit. I picked it up and they billed me for the uninstall and re-install of the stock Springs. (Can you say screwed!!)

After measuring the Springs myself and talking to Comptech we both felt they were the right part. I sent them back to Comptech. Comptech agreed to pay Acura if the parts were not right and Acura agreed to credit my account if the Comptech parts were the right parts.

Comptech called me today and told me the Springs were the right springs and the Acura dealer screwed up. I called the dealer and told them the story and told them I'd be in to have the CT Springs installed again.

Here's where it gets good. I asked him how he plans to do this. He paused. I then stated he could just charge me the difference because he billed me a partial install (the first time around). He said no, can't do that. He said we'll figure something out here when you get them in. He went as far as saying that Comptech could be covering up the truth and just sending you the right parts this time.

What the fu*k"? Can I call Acura Customer Service and tell them the story? Do they know who Comptech is?
Old 09-10-2003, 03:50 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 976 Likes on 330 Posts
It's up to the individual dealer on whether he'll cover them or not. Customer Service most likely won't even talk to you.

I'd get a manager in there if the guy gives you the run around.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura has no control over comptech and your lucky they even agreed to do the install in the first place. My dealership "bobby rahal acura"(yes its owned by the race car driver) will not even touch non acura parts
Old 09-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Wrong!
Dan
Old 09-10-2003, 04:07 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 976 Likes on 330 Posts
Originally posted by Dan
Wrong!
Dan

what is wrong?
Old 09-10-2003, 04:15 PM
Beware of leakage

Like Spdy said, your lucky they will even touch an aftermarket part. I called 2 Acura dealerships and asked about Comptech headers, they both acted as if I was speaking arabic or something. Also, you are going to get raped for having the dealer install them, it's better to have a reputable performace shop do the work, make sure they warrant the work.
Old 09-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Inskip ??
Old 09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
thats bullshit a dealer cant charge you for their mistake..... i highly doubt comptech sent you the wrong springs ive never in my life heard of that happening.

were the springs in CL/TL/ACCORD packaging? if so then it the right shit... and you are owed some money by that crooked dealer!
Old 09-10-2003, 08:30 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally posted by CLpower
what is wrong?
Wrong!
Dan
Old 09-11-2003, 04:23 AM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by greenmonster
Inskip ??
Nope... Ron Bouchard's (Acura of Auburn, MA. )
Old 09-11-2003, 04:26 AM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by Dan
Wrong!
Dan
Dan, I don't understand. If this Acura Dealer sells Comptech out of his parts dept and installs CT parts, why the hell wouldn't they back the part? The only thing different here is I bought my own CT parts and brought them in. The CT Springs were the correct Springs. I think the tech was smoking crack that day and tried to put the front Springs on the rear!
Old 09-11-2003, 04:33 AM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by soopa
thats bullshit a dealer cant charge you for their mistake..... i highly doubt comptech sent you the wrong springs ive never in my life heard of that happening.

were the springs in CL/TL/ACCORD packaging? if so then it the right shit... and you are owed some money by that crooked dealer!
They were the right parts. I had Nate (from Comptech) give me the demensions and parts #'s. They matched perfectly. I even sent them back to Comptech to have the engineers comfirm. What really pisses me off is the dealer agreed to eat the cost of the first install if he made a mistake installing them. We'll he did make a mistake and now he's not standing behind his work. He gave me the line, "come on in and we'll work something out" WTF?
Old 09-11-2003, 04:55 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by stejus
Dan, I don't understand. If this Acura Dealer sells Comptech out of his parts dept and installs CT parts, why the hell wouldn't they back the part? The only thing different here is I bought my own CT parts and brought them in. The CT Springs were the correct Springs. I think the tech was smoking crack that day and tried to put the front Springs on the rear!
You're absolutely right here. The dealer is trying to hose you and go back on his 'verbal' deal. If he doesn't honor that deal then you're probably SOL, but I would let him know that your are less then pleased and report them to the BBB for shoddy/less then professional work.

If I was in your situation and they wanted me to pay for their mistake, I'd take my business elsewhere and have another dealer (or shop) install them.