Acura Carland

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 09:48 AM
MP Video Extraordinaire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Carland

So I took my car in to Acura Carland to have the plenum actuator motor replaced. I told the service writer what was wrong with the car, how do diagnose it, etc. Also gave him a list of other issues.

I called them toward the end of the day to see how things are progressing. Lovely news:

1. The Actuator - The technician says that he could find nothing wrong with the actuator, and that my method of diagnosing the actuator is flawed. "It cannot be tested while the car is not under load as the whole system, including VSA (LOL) must be engaged for this to work." I went ballistic!

2. The Seat Crickets - "We couldn't hear the problem." They must be fricken deaf!

3. Sunroof Squeaks - I even told them about the TSB. They lubed the rubber seal. Nice job guys, I could have done that.

4. Possible Warped Rotors - "Oh, you used aftermarket pads, and therefore the rotors warped because they got hot." ARRRRGH!

So when I showed up at the dealership, the tech had finally acknowledged the actuator is indeed bad, but now they have to order the part. I took the Director of Service out to a Type S and showed him exactly what the problem part is, and convinced him to keep some on hand. What a bunch of morons! They don't even know their own product. Inexcusable, in my opinion.
Old 04-29-2002, 10:24 AM
Racer

Re: Acura Carland

Originally posted by Chrisbert
So I took my car in to Acura Carland to have the plenum actuator motor replaced. I told the service writer what was wrong with the car, how do diagnose it, etc. Also gave him a list of other issues.

I called them toward the end of the day to see how things are progressing. Lovely news:

1. The Actuator - The technician says that he could find nothing wrong with the actuator, and that my method of diagnosing the actuator is flawed. "It cannot be tested while the car is not under load as the whole system, including VSA (LOL) must be engaged for this to work." I went ballistic!

2. The Seat Crickets - "We couldn't hear the problem." They must be fricken deaf!

3. Sunroof Squeaks - I even told them about the TSB. They lubed the rubber seal. Nice job guys, I could have done that.

4. Possible Warped Rotors - "Oh, you used aftermarket pads, and therefore the rotors warped because they got hot." ARRRRGH!

So when I showed up at the dealership, the tech had finally acknowledged the actuator is indeed bad, but now they have to order the part. I took the Director of Service out to a Type S and showed him exactly what the problem part is, and convinced him to keep some on hand. What a bunch of morons! They don't even know their own product. Inexcusable, in my opinion.
Acura Carland in Duluth is where I boght my car, and where I have gone for all of my service. And they are not the brightest stars in the sky by any means. I told them about the sunroof rattle and the "accord tape" and they said oh ya, no problem......what did they do.....lubed it up, just like yours. It doesn't rattle anymore though. And the seat crickets, I've taken it in twice for the seat crickets, and they didn't know what I was talking about either time. So I made the guy (Chuck) go on a test drive with me and he heard them right away. When we got back to the shop, we found the exact location that the noise is coming from and he sprayed some lub on the hinge, I haven't heard them since.

I was thiking about getting them to do my springs, exhaust and CAI, but I am re-thinking that now
Old 04-29-2002, 12:43 PM
MP Video Extraordinaire

Unfortunately, we have limited access to Acura dealers in Atlanta. I bought both mine, and the Wife's Type S there.
Old 04-29-2002, 12:46 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
I also got mine there.
Noble, whenever you get all your aftermarket stuff done, can you tell me where you had this done? I am doing the same things you are and wondering as to where to have this done at. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Banned

NoleCLS and everyone else:
I feel for you guys...McDavid Acura out here, the only one within like 150 miles, is just pathetic. They twice ordered the wrong parts for my car...both times I sat in the waiting room for 3 hours before they said "oh you're still here? Yeah we had to order a part"...and another 3 hours the third time I came there. Only one guy there (aside from the Service Manager) isn't slimy...and it's funny because everyone in Austin who has an Acura that I've talked to calls him specifically for appointments. They make two huge scratches in my hood awhile back...and I showed it to them and argued...and got a repaint, which was botched (pock marks in it and clear coat scratches)...and my spoiler rattled, so instead of taping down the wiring inside, they got me a new one. That sounded great until I got it back with a huge scratch on the rear trunk lid...which I didn't notice until I got home so I couldn't do anything about it. I had a leak in my power steering fluid...which they said I had messed with because the clips were loose and you couldn't pry them loose with anything but pliers (I then removed them with my fingers in front of them). Whew...anyway.

So I suggest you guys do with your mods what I have done...do it yourself...it's cheaper and a lot more fun...and stuff like your CAI, exhaust, brake lines, all that takes no more than 45 mins each. In fact every mod in my sig hasn't taken over an hour except for the springs...which you may or may not want to do yourself. Don't pay a stupid grease monkey who doesn't have a clue to mess with your car!

Austin519
Old 04-29-2002, 01:39 PM
Burn some dust here

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
How did you do the exhaust by yourself?
Old 04-29-2002, 01:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Never used Acura Carland; only Nalley Acura. Back nearly two years ago when i uncovered the IMRC issue and brought it to their attention and the responded the same way.

But I supplied them with dyno plots, Helms pages diagnosis along with the schematic and asked them to test another vehicle; this got them to resolve the problem. Since then they have always been received me well when I brought the vehicle.

Keeping a level head while providing valuable information works well. If that doesn't work, do your research and stump them on it by refuting bogus claims.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Banned

cob3683:
It's extremely easy dude...in fact it's probably the easiest mod you can do to your car, along with the lights and the upper strut tie bar. Check out my website in my sig for pictures...but you just unscrew 2 bolts on each of the two mufflers, unhook them, rehook the new exhausts, and screw them back in tightly. Done.

Austin519