Acura of Boston owns me!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 08:15 AM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura of Boston owns me!!!

So I call this morning for my oil change and to report that I need my rotors, vibrating rear deck, and cracked driver's seat looked at. The guy asked me when I wanted to bring it in. I said, "As early as possible this week." He's like, "How about tomorrow morning at 7:30 am?" I LOVE THAT KIND OF RESPONSE!!! I said no problem, he says, "They'll be a loaner waiting for you when you get here, Mr. Kane...TL Premium OK with you?"

Anyone else have a positive Dealer experience to share this lovely March morning?
Old 03-10-2003, 08:30 AM
Banned

That sounds sweet, they've been alright to me. Whom did you talk to? DeSilva is a pretty cool guy, he's the guy in charge in the service department. Once you persuaded him to fix something for you, the rest will follow.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Masshole

I talked to DeSilva...he is a good guy. I just can't believe how quick they could get me in. When my tranny died, it took them 2 days to get the car back to me. I used to go to Clair but now I don't see any reason to because A.O.B has such quick turnaround time.
Old 03-10-2003, 08:38 AM
It's Go-Time.

I love that kind of customer approach. There's new Acura dealership here that share the same level of service.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:20 AM
Masshole

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I forget who took care of me at AOB when my first tranny went, but I was happy with the service. The cat kept apologizing for not having an Acura for me for a loner, cuz the last Integra had a bad radio code. So, I had a Camry for 3 or 4 days...could have been worse.

I live closer to Sunnyside in Nashua, so I go there. Plus, it's where I've gotten all three Acuras. They're puttin' in tranny #3 this week.
Old 03-10-2003, 09:59 AM
Safety Car

Re: Acura of Boston owns me!!!

Originally posted by tmk70
So I call this morning for my oil change and to report that I need my rotors, vibrating rear deck, and cracked driver's seat looked at. The guy asked me when I wanted to bring it in. I said, "As early as possible this week." He's like, "How about tomorrow morning at 7:30 am?" I LOVE THAT KIND OF RESPONSE!!! I said no problem, he says, "They'll be a loaner waiting for you when you get here, Mr. Kane...TL Premium OK with you?"

Anyone else have a positive Dealer experience to share this lovely March morning?

same here at SunnySide Acura(NH)
i had to get my oil changed and they gave me an appointment the next day early in the morning. And i got a TL-P for a loaner that day.
Heck, they even wash my car after the oil change.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:06 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So far Acura of Boston has been taking care of me (although my car has been over there for a month now - damaged my suspension hitting a curb). DeSilva has been a stand up guy thus far. Once I got my car back and get this issue squared away I'll let you guys know more.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:09 AM
Cruisin'

I have had very good service w/AOB, too. They gave me a '03 TL-P when my tranny went, I had it for a little over 2 weeks waiting for the tranny to come in.
Although I haven't had any other problems with the car, I very happy with the service. BTW, Nigel Desilva is my service contact, too.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:31 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nigel must get all the high-end clientele!!!
Old 03-10-2003, 11:46 AM
Masshole

Originally posted by ferizzo
Nigel must get all the high-end clientele!!!
RIGHT!
Old 03-10-2003, 11:47 AM
Masshole

Re: Re: Acura of Boston owns me!!!

Originally posted by this is me
i had to get my oil changed and they gave me an appointment the next day early in the morning. And i got a TL-P for a loaner that day.
Sunnyside's not as loverly as they used to be, but they're still alright. Who sold you your car?
Old 03-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Re: Re: Acura of Boston owns me!!!

I do my Warranty Services and buy spare parts from Sunnyside too. It is a mixed bag for me... for the first year, it was always an Acura loaner... the second, they got real busy and now you have to book a loaner a week or 2 ahead of the appointment. Couple other times, I was put in $20/day enterprise econo box loaner... For small things that should be fixed in less 4-6 hrs... I prefered tp give me a lift to my office...

Sunnyside is getting larger now, I hope that they would augment their service loaner fleet.

Note: In the winter they are less busy so this is why you find excl service..
Old 03-10-2003, 12:19 PM
What, me drive fast?

Sunnyside has done great by me. I bought the car there, and had Comptech stuff installed. Their pricing was fair if you ask the right questions. I have only needed a loaner once and they had it ready for me. My fiance' bought her Integra at Ac of Boston. She has been pretty happy with them. I went to Ac of Peabody before I bought my CL-S and I didn't like the sales person that I got or the sales manager. Plus, they don't do Comptech installs so I wonder if they will frown on cars that are modified? Anyhow, for now I am sticking with Sunnyside.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Cruisin'

I wished Acura of Boston installed Comptech parts
Old 03-10-2003, 05:05 PM
"BON-AHHH-KIN-BALLS"

Clair Acura of Walpole took 5 separate times to fix an electrical problem with mine. I got a loaner 3 times and 2 enterprise shitboxes. I have to say though, they ventually found the problem and everytime i picked my car up it was clean. Also, they have been hooking me up with some things cause it took them so many times (all-season mats, wiper blades, and two oil changes for free!!!)
Old 03-10-2003, 06:34 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by typesontheprowl
I wished Acura of Boston installed Comptech parts
Take it to Sunnyside (Nashua, NH) if you're not too far away. You can save on tax. Wait, is tax charged on labor?
Old 03-11-2003, 06:38 PM
Safety Car

Re: Re: Re: Acura of Boston owns me!!!

Originally posted by Bulldog01
Sunnyside's not as loverly as they used to be, but they're still alright. Who sold you your car?
Dave howe i believe.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:45 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
Sunnyside has done great by me. I bought the car there, and had Comptech stuff installed. Their pricing was fair if you ask the right questions. I have only needed a loaner once and they had it ready for me. My fiance' bought her Integra at Ac of Boston. She has been pretty happy with them. I went to Ac of Peabody before I bought my CL-S and I didn't like the sales person that I got or the sales manager. Plus, they don't do Comptech installs so I wonder if they will frown on cars that are modified? Anyhow, for now I am sticking with Sunnyside.
How much you get the spring installed for?
I was quoted 120/corner!! that a lil too much if you ask me.

I agree on the Acura of Peabody part. The sales guy there is an A$$hole. When i went their to look for cars when i first start car shopping. I come across this very nice used RL. but it wasnt the color i want. So i asked "Is this the only RL you have?" then he responded "How many you want!" in a very rude way. Keep in mind that i'm only 18(19 now). So i was like wtf and left the place.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:57 PM
Masshole

Re: Re: Re: Re: Acura of Boston owns me!!!

Dave howe i believe.
I've gotten three from Sean Sullivan.