911 TT Driving Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2003, 01:44 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
911 TT Driving Impressions

Thought Id let you know my impressions of the new car. Ive driven a lot of fast cars (NSX, 911 C2, Corvette, M3, etc) and this car just redefines the word fast. First gear comes and goes so quick you have to remember to shift. Second plants you in the seat and the car begins to shine, it just keeps on pulling and pulling like nothing ive ever experienced, right into 6th gear it keeps going. I got a couple highway runs in and I ran out of balls before it ran out of power. From a 60mph punch, 100 comes in what seems like a blink of the eye, and unlike most cars which kind of die down after 100 or dont pull nearly as hard, this thing just keeps going and going, I had numerous runs up to ~130 and one run where i redlined 5th and shifted into 6th, I didnt even bother to look down because i was holding onto the steering wheel so firmly. However, what impressed me even more was the brakes. 150+ to a cruising speed of 90 came so hard that my eyes hurt. From a 60mph roll where I could really slam on them without fear of spinning out I had red marks on my chest from the seatbelt. As far as handling, whoever said you cant get a AWD car sideways has never driven one of these Slipping this car around corners and punching it results in the tail coming out, but its very contralable, not like some other high HP cars like a viper where its easy to lose it. The AWD system performs flawlessly, the thing just picks up and goes when you get on it. Ive always prefered RWD cars, but this system is really well setup. As for the more boring things, the build quality and finish is TOP NOTCH. Everything in the interior is well apointed, from the leather to the carbon fiber peices, everything looks perfect. The paint is deep and rich, everything is solid in the car, no rattles at all. This is without a doubt a car that can be driven daily, until you punch it, it drives like a normal car. Cruising around town is as nice as my truck. Anyone who has the means to get one of these should certainly check them out, its an amazing car. Sorry for no pictures, Ill have some up soon.
Old 09-13-2003, 01:50 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
wow,

did u just win the lotto

before u just had a cl-s now a caddy and a 911 TT, way to go!!
Old 09-13-2003, 02:15 PM
Lets go Hoo's!

Sounds sweet man, I absolutely love the 996 TT, its a fantastic car, one of my favorites. I haven't had the opportunity to drive one, but I am sure that it is awesome. Do you plan any minor mods...wheels, tint...or are you going to leave it stock.

Can't wait to see pics, and also post pics of your 'Sclade, I'd love to see it as well.

Enjoy Man
Old 09-13-2003, 02:19 PM
Banned

Im not planning on doing anything to crazy to it, I like the look of the stock wheels, and they are extremely light, so I cant see getting a better "performing" wheel. Im not going to mess with the suspension or brakes because they are already amazing. Power wise, Im schuedling to get a ECU reprogramming which will add another 90+hp and possibly divertor valves, air filters and exhaust, but beside that Im going to leave it alone.
Old 09-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

awsome man, cant wait to see pics. Def big ballin now!
Old 09-13-2003, 02:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Old 09-13-2003, 02:28 PM
Lets go Hoo's!

Originally posted by jrod178
Im not planning on doing anything to crazy to it, I like the look of the stock wheels, and they are extremely light, so I cant see getting a better "performing" wheel. Im not going to mess with the suspension or brakes because they are already amazing. Power wise, Im schuedling to get a ECU reprogramming which will add another 90+hp and possibly divertor valves, air filters and exhaust, but beside that Im going to leave it alone.
Sounds good man...where in NY do you live, because I have some friends that work at a customization shop in Westchester County and they have a really nice Porsche Tuning Program with everything you can imagine...if you want more info, I can refer you to them, they do excellent work, just PM me.
Old 09-13-2003, 03:42 PM
Banned

jrod very nice bro

you are difinetly the man let me know when your in town so I can take a pic and post it

Lou
Old 09-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
:jealous: i would love to spend just a day with that car.
Old 09-13-2003, 05:09 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by danny25
:jealous: i would love to spend just a day with that car.
A day, hah, all i want is an hour

That is awesome man, the 911 TT is one of the best cars in the world in ALL catagories IMO. As far as the brakes go, I thing the 911 TT is still king of Road and Track's 0-100-0 annual test.
Fabulous car!!