6 Piston Caliper Mated to a 13" Rotor

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 05:45 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by CLS2001_97124
Doc,

That is great!! I've heard great things about Wildwood brake products in the past, so that is great!

If you can work out some kind of group buy rate (similar to rotara price) I might be interested. Since I already feel kinda jipped from the previous EMC rotor group buys (people have problems with them warping). Let us know!

Thanks.
Thank you. Wilwood is coming around, finally. I have been pressing them for some time to give a little attention to the import market. Slowly, with their help, things are finally rolling.

I am just finishing up another customers car and am awaiting some feedback before i go ahead and make these available. I like to make sure everything is perfect before anything hits the streets.

In regards to a group buy, I am actually working on that as we speak. I will be putting one together for a full front kit with matching rear rotors, rear lines, and rear pads.

Pricing will be extremely competitive. But you must compare apples to apples. I m not here to talk badly about any one else's products. My products speak for themselves. All of my components are also made in here in the states, not Taiwan. I m not knocking on their manufacturing, its just their raw materials dont match ours. U.S. rotors have a higher carbon % which means harder and longer lasting rotors.

Also, our design utilizes a 2 piece rotor. 1 piece rotor misses the whole point of upgrading.
Old 06-16-2003, 06:06 PM
Banned

Docofmind I am a BIG fan of braking and its unfortunate that I already have my Brembos which I love to death but I am very interested on some matching rears for LOOKS only maybe slotted and crossdrilled to make the rears look half as nice as my fronts

like I said let me know when the rears are available and why do your rotors only come Black I would like the silver color rotors to match my piston and color of car
Old 06-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Has been sold for a while

Doc, thanks for your help in bringing us another choice in upgraded braking systems. I've always been a fan of Wilwood.
Old 06-16-2003, 11:57 PM
A stick shift whore

Originally posted by blackmagiCL_S
That might the ugliest f-ing CL I have ever seen. Sorry.

SOOOO True! - anyone want to loan me some cash so I can Mod my ride!?

Old 06-17-2003, 12:10 AM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, Lou, obviously you are too caught up with the damn asthetic wheels instead of a very good performance and safety mod like brakes. You were saying rims for $2K to match the $2K brakes???? I don't think like that---
Old 06-17-2003, 05:45 AM
Banned

Originally posted by greyjhu
Well, Lou, obviously you are too caught up with the damn asthetic wheels instead of a very good performance and safety mod like brakes. You were saying rims for $2K to match the $2K brakes???? I don't think like that---
there are some things that just dont seem right

drive a $100K car and live in the project

drive a 04' Porsche Carrera with some cheaper made in Taiwan wheels

have a $6K audio and video system on a $500 1989 Civic DX

and having $2K Brembo brakes with some cheap wheels...sorry dude but it just doesn't go you might say it does but anybody who knows will disagree.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:24 PM
Intermediate

Lou, you misunderstood what I said about colors. The calipers only are available in black. The hats for the rotor and the brackets for the caliper are also anodized black. The friction part of the rotor however, is CAD plated silver. Just like your brembos except that they were gold
Old 06-17-2003, 05:28 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I'm excited to see what the stopping power if these will be.

As for getting good brakes, minus well get good wheels while you're at it.
Old 06-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally posted by DocofMind
Lou, you misunderstood what I said about colors. The calipers only are available in black. The hats for the rotor and the brackets for the caliper are also anodized black. The friction part of the rotor however, is CAD plated silver. Just like your brembos except that they were gold
I think we are misunderstanding each other when I asked about the rotor is was pertaining to the rears not the fronts

Im interested in rears slotted in silver color can you make them for our cars ???

again Im assuming the hats your talking about are the front unless you sell 2 piece for the rears
Old 06-22-2003, 10:55 PM
RDX
Instructor

Whats the weight of the Caliper?

and do you have the picture of the Piston and whats their total size?
Old 06-22-2003, 11:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

Did you find out if they will fit with the stock wheels yet?
Old 06-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Parting out 02 Type S :(

docofmind, sorry i havent gotten back to you yet. i am going to give you a call tomorrow (monday) and so that we can set up an appointment soon. also, i got your address, you are kind of far from me, but i am willing to make the trip. expect my call at around 4-5 p.m. tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2003, 02:41 AM
Mirical Whip not Mayo..

I'd just like to say thanks Doc. Keep us posted as to the group buy I am very interested. What is the estimated and functional stopping distance for these brakes with what set up ie what pads? And as for the blue and white cl props for doing what you like, we all love out cars.. So I say F*** all the peep who trip on your ride... maybe they're jealous cause you gots the brakes they don't have.. that's the only reason I'm trippin

like I said thx and keep us posted
Old 06-23-2003, 08:27 AM
Dromaeosaurs/Velociraptor

Cool....so just so I can clarify for myself....

The entire front kit is $1700 and if I wanted to get the rears, its $150 each....
so, for about $2000 you get everything?
Old 06-23-2003, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by RDX
Whats the weight of the Caliper?

and do you have the picture of the Piston and whats their total size?
The caliper itself weighs in at 5 pounds. The pads and the bracket pushes it to 6.5. The OEM caliper, bracket, and pads weigh about 15 pounds together.

I ll have to dig for a picture of the pistons themselves, but i can tell you that they are made of stainless steel piston to minimize heat transfer from the pad into the caliper. They are differential bore design. Sizes are 1.62" x 1 and 1.12" x 2.
Old 06-23-2003, 10:49 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by ModAddict
Did you find out if they will fit with the stock wheels yet?
Unfortunately, still dont have a definite answer for this. Looking over the spoke design and offset of the wheel, fitment is going to be very close. Its going to be within a few MM's either way. Hopefully we ll know for sure soon.
Old 06-23-2003, 11:23 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by Esrunyzarc
I'd just like to say thanks Doc. Keep us posted as to the group buy I am very interested. What is the estimated and functional stopping distance for these brakes with what set up ie what pads? And as for the blue and white cl props for doing what you like, we all love out cars.. So I say F*** all the peep who trip on your ride... maybe they're jealous cause you gots the brakes they don't have.. that's the only reason I'm trippin

like I said thx and keep us posted
I totally agree with you about personal taste. I dont modify my car to please others, I do it for myself. If I cared what other people thought, I would have bought a Porsche not a S2000

I dont have actual numbers for this set up in terms of stopping distance, but I can tell you that it will be shorter than stock. Remember, actual stopping distance is dependant on your tires and grip. While a bigger brake set up will give you more braking power, it can only get so much better without upgrading other components ie: tires. You will however, see a big difference in consecutive hard braking. With the OEM set up, your first stop is your best stop. Getting worse and worse after each hard stop. With a well designed larger set up, it will dissipate the heat better and more efficiently. By doing so, you will have a more consistant and precise response.

Those of you that drive aggressively know that only takes a few hard stops to get the OEM set up to fade. You can slow this a little by upgrading your pads and rotors, but that really starts to become expensive. The more aggressive compounds really start to take a beating on the rotors and calipers. The S2000 guys are learning this real quick. Going with a larger and more effecient set up will actually save you money.