3rd Gear No Shift After 5500 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 07:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3rd Gear No Shift After 5500 RPM

ok guys weird problem I have tried searching I'm sure it might be somewhere out there deep deep down, but under heavy throttle all gears shift fine except 3rd. When 3rd gear hits 5500 rpm you can feel it about to shift but then it bounces and jerks and will only shift into 4th if I take my foot off the throttle. Pressure switch? Vtec Solenoid? I'm stuck here.
Old 07-29-2017, 04:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Shift solenoid? B and c are known to go. Under intake manifold inlet. Also the duel linear to the side of it....clean out the screens. Flush trans 3x3 when you're in there, even change external filter right beside dual linear. Also there is pressure switches inside your drivers side wheel well behind plastic cover, each is labeled on the vein running to it. Maybe change 3 and 4. That's all you can pretty much try without pulling it out. Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by RedlineCL-S
ok guys weird problem I have tried searching I'm sure it might be somewhere out there deep deep down, but under heavy throttle all gears shift fine except 3rd. When 3rd gear hits 5500 rpm you can feel it about to shift but then it bounces and jerks and will only shift into 4th if I take my foot off the throttle. Pressure switch? Vtec Solenoid? I'm stuck here.