330Ci against CL Type S thread on C&D Forum on fire!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2001, 12:58 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
330Ci against CL Type S thread on C&D Forum on fire!

OK. We have seen these start here in this forum but there is a good one at Car and Driver magazine's forum with some 330Ci owners showing off when paid $11K more. I have participated there but might need some help.

Here is the link folks: http://forums.caranddriver.com/ubb/F...ML/001964.html

Come on over.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:59 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instead of doing all that comparison crap, all that needs to be said is "go and drive the Cl Type S. After going for the test drive, you'll be convinced. All that other mumbo jumbo is just that....bs."
Old 07-31-2001, 03:07 AM
Back to Four Doors

Gabriel ... you keep giving 'em hell over there ... I mean why would someone compare a $30K car to a $40K? Hell, why not just buy a 540i, or a Viper, or a Ferrari? At some point, you gotta look at bang for the buck ... NT5k must have a burr in his saddle based on his comments on his CL-S ... what a knucklehead.
Old 07-31-2001, 12:38 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My Response as posted:

The reason why younger people buy BMW's is that they want a status car and will blindly pay and extra 10K to say they drive a BMW. Call me practical and call me sensible those are not insults in my book. I am 25 and I own a CL-S. Someone mentioned that if you live in the mountains buy a BMW, let me say that NO ONE I KNOW that lives remotely near a hill owns a BMW. In heavy rain and snow BMW's are useless. ONLY AWD Beamers will survive in that type of environment, everyone else is too busy panic braking and keeping their rear-end in a strait line.
While I love the BMW I only see the benefits of owning one when I'm breaking the speed limit and taking turns way too fast.
The BMW is designed for places like Germany where there are no speed limits and such stunts can be performed without penalty. The brakes, engineering, handling are bred from Germany's beautiful racing roots and awesome autobahn experience. On US roads they sell the performance but very few use it or push their cars that far.

In summation I'll stick to my CLS where as it's not the prettiest or the status car or the handling king. It is a BARGAIN for the price and It will make you BMW guys sweat when you see me in your rear view. I whip 328's like nothing, 330's are a close race and it depends on how good the stick driver is but with the headers going in (+30HP to the wheels) they'll be distant memories.

QUICK MATH:

Type-S (29,500)
Sways (300)
Springs(500)
Headers(1200)

$31,500 will buy you a car that will make any 3 series a rear view mirror object.

$31,500 will let you smoke automatic Mustang GT's and give you a good fight with most cars on the road.

You decide, I'm sticking jap for now.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:30 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I posted the following over at the C&D forum. Am I making us look bad?:

A BMW is a car that kicks some major ass. I am 25 and I would love to own one. All guys want one and all women want guys in BMWs. Sure you can buy one and pick up some hot blonde. But when that monthly payment comes is it really going to be worth a couple of hundred more to bag the hot chick, when you could have saved the money and bagged her fairly good looking friend with your CLS? I mean its up to you. On top of the higher payment, you are going to have to spend more money on the hot chick vs. the good looking chick. Also, what happens when she ditches you for the dude in the M3?
Personally, I would go with the CLS. It is really just pure math. Sure the BMW is hella-cool, but man is it really going to help your sex-life that much? On top of the huge payment per month, I guarantee you the Acura is more reliable. Working in the automotive industry, I have seen a lot of comparison reports in term of factory returns for warranty issues and "ze Geermanz" aren't doing as hot as the "Japs." Also, I hear about the resale of the BMW. It might be a higher percentage, but that percentage is eroded somewhat when you consider higher taxes and higher maintenance fees. Prepare to get ass-raped when you go into the Bimmer dealer. I guess some BMW owners would say, "if you own one, you don't worry about the maintenance costs." Sure, with that reasoning you might as well vote democratic. Believe me, my mom owns an older 325 and when I used to take it to Fairfax BMW in NOVA, they used to treat me like a little kid who brought his mom's BMW in. Well, they were right, but that is what you are gonna get.
Well, I am 25, I own a CL and I looked at it this way: This is a nice looking car that bitches think is going to be cool (like any highschool girls knows the difference between a BMW and a CLS, all they know is that it is shiny), I am going to rag the hell out of this car and I am going to mod this car. Well I have almost 100,000 miles on my CL. I have it dropped. I have engine mods and I have never had one f*cking problem in my life. Maintenance costs are low and I always get a loaner and a free soda.
I'm AUDI5. WORD TO YO' Mutha.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:53 PM
Safety Car

Brought a smile to my face as usual Phin.

If we are talking about ass, BMW will deffinetly get you more of it and likely better looking, but if you cant afford the extra 10k then why bother since a CLS is so phat for so much less and likely to get you ass as well.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:06 PM
Banned

Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>My Response as posted:

In heavy rain and snow BMW's are useless. ONLY AWD Beamers will survive in that type of environment, everyone else is too busy panic braking and keeping their rear-end in a strait line.</STRONG>
Actually I disagree with this comment. I personally perfer the RWD vs. the FWD in the winter and rain. I've owned FWD cars and RWD cars and I would take the RWD in rain/snow ANY day (well, it can't be powerful and lightweight like the M3 or be as powerful as the M5 but any other 3/5/7 series, bring em on!).

Also, I'm 20, on my 2nd BMW and I didn't buy it for 'status', I bought it for fun and because chicks love it (aka, getting ass).
Old 07-31-2001, 02:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

We need some more help over there folks. I dont see enough of you being active, come one now
Old 07-31-2001, 02:18 PM
Firestarter

Originally posted by phinthesky:
<STRONG>I posted the following over at the C&D forum. Am I making us look bad?:

A BMW is a car that kicks some major ass. I am 25 and I would love to own one. All guys want one and all women want guys in BMWs. Sure you can buy one and pick up some hot blonde. But when that monthly payment comes is it really going to be worth a couple of hundred more to bag the hot chick, when you could have saved the money and bagged her fairly good looking friend with your CLS? I mean its up to you. On top of the higher payment, you are going to have to spend more money on the hot chick vs. the good looking chick. Also, what happens when she ditches you for the dude in the M3?
Personally, I would go with the CLS. It is really just pure math. Sure the BMW is hella-cool, but man is it really going to help your sex-life that much? On top of the huge payment per month, I guarantee you the Acura is more reliable. Working in the automotive industry, I have seen a lot of comparison reports in term of factory returns for warranty issues and "ze Geermanz" aren't doing as hot as the "Japs." Also, I hear about the resale of the BMW. It might be a higher percentage, but that percentage is eroded somewhat when you consider higher taxes and higher maintenance fees. Prepare to get ass-raped when you go into the Bimmer dealer. I guess some BMW owners would say, "if you own one, you don't worry about the maintenance costs." Sure, with that reasoning you might as well vote democratic. Believe me, my mom owns an older 325 and when I used to take it to Fairfax BMW in NOVA, they used to treat me like a little kid who brought his mom's BMW in. Well, they were right, but that is what you are gonna get.
Well, I am 25, I own a CL and I looked at it this way: This is a nice looking car that bitches think is going to be cool (like any highschool girls knows the difference between a BMW and a CLS, all they know is that it is shiny), I am going to rag the hell out of this car and I am going to mod this car. Well I have almost 100,000 miles on my CL. I have it dropped. I have engine mods and I have never had one f*cking problem in my life. Maintenance costs are low and I always get a loaner and a free soda.
I'm AUDI5. WORD TO YO' Mutha.</STRONG>

dude, like, are you black?
Old 07-31-2001, 02:18 PM
Race Director

Hey I have a blonde girlfriend and I only drive a CL-P. At my high school about 8 kids had bimmers out of the 64 seniors. They were all little homos. Just because of the status a BMW brings you I would never own one. Maybe a 540 Sport but I hate all the kids with there 323ci, 328 that think they are the shit. But I love whooping their ass.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:20 PM
Firestarter

Originally posted by Damaged:
<STRONG>

Actually I disagree with this comment. I personally perfer the RWD vs. the FWD in the winter and rain. I've owned FWD cars and RWD cars and I would take the RWD in rain/snow ANY day (well, it can't be powerful and lightweight like the M3 or be as powerful as the M5 but any other 3/5/7 series, bring em on!).

Also, I'm 20, on my 2nd BMW and I didn't buy it for 'status', I bought it for fun and because chicks love it (aka, getting ass).</STRONG>

Oh! there you are! I thought you were slacking off.
I figured you'd chime in sooner or later.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:35 PM
Racer

i went over and told the kid you can save a good piece of change and not sacrafice a dam thing "look at beefy17" unless you can get an M series bmw i realy dont think those cars are worth it. oh yea check this out my friend replaced a bearing on his bmw and it cost him $300 for just the part alone!!
Old 07-31-2001, 02:38 PM
Firestarter

you guys posted some very impressive arguements...not much more I could add. However, I did post the question of which car would have gotten Hitler more chicks: the 330i or the CL-S.
Old 07-31-2001, 02:56 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Hey I cant believe Tom2 has not participated in the debate yet. Has the world come to an end guys?
Old 07-31-2001, 03:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Tom2 is probably getting his beamer fixed, you know how those beamers are service magnets.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:17 PM
Burning Brakes

I made my contribution to that thread.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:26 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by gavriil:
<STRONG>Hey I cant believe Tom2 has not participated in the debate yet. Has the world come to an end guys? </STRONG>
I have nothing to contribute to that thread. In this one, however, I will say that I feel that an M3 is a superior performance vehicle when compared with a CL-S, which is just a sporty touring vehicle.

By the way, it IS much easier to get laid if you drive a BMW.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:31 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally posted by eclipse23:
<STRONG>Tom2 is probably getting his beamer fixed, you know how those beamers are service magnets. </STRONG>
Um, well...nope. I've been too busy actually DRIVING the M3, racking up the miles with hundreds of smiles

By the way, what the hell is a "beamer"?

Did you mean to type "Beemer"? Well, a Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. A Bimmer is a BMW automobile. Since I don't own a motorcycle, and I do own an M3, I guess you could say that I have a Bimmer.

My good deed for the day is done. I've helped to erase the massive ignorance of a few clueless individuals today
Old 07-31-2001, 03:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Tom2:
<STRONG>

Um, well...nope. I've been too busy actually DRIVING the M3, racking up the miles with hundreds of smiles

Did you mean to type "Beemer"? Well, a Beemer is a BMW motorcycle. A Bimmer is a BMW automobile. Since I don't own a motorcycle, and I do own an M3, I guess you could say that I have a Bimmer.

My good deed for the day is done. I've helped to erase the massive ignorance of a few clueless individuals today </STRONG>
I usually just call them kraut mobiles for overly inflated egos. Damn, one mis-type and I'm shot apart by Tom2....
Old 07-31-2001, 03:57 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by shockboltthrower:
<STRONG>

dude, like, are you black? </STRONG>
Dude, are you like racist/white? I am not black, I am yellow.
I hope you are racist, maybe we can be friends.

Old 07-31-2001, 03:58 PM
Safety Car

<STRONG>

By the way, it IS much easier to get laid if you drive a BMW.</STRONG>
Now are you comparing easier than in the Acura, or than in the Chevy? I have not been able to test my layability in the acura since I've been attached during my ownership of the acura, but I deffinetly get plenty of looks.
Old 07-31-2001, 03:58 PM
Drifting

<STRONG>

I have nothing to contribute to that thread. In this one, however, I will say that I feel that an M3 is a superior performance vehicle when compared with a CL-S, which is just a sporty touring vehicle.

So what is your excuse Tom? Like Dudes?

Old 07-31-2001, 04:01 PM
Drifting

<STRONG>

My good deed for the day is done. I've helped to erase the massive ignorance of a few clueless individuals today </STRONG>
I take it you don't listen to rap musik.

Old 07-31-2001, 04:11 PM
Subie Dubie

<STRONG>

What was his name ?
Old 07-31-2001, 04:25 PM
Old Member

See this is what I offer to the thread:

http://www.eliteviews.com http://www.bmwlemon.com
Old 07-31-2001, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by pgatour1:
<STRONG>Hey I have a blonde girlfriend and I only drive a CL-P. At my high school about 8 kids had bimmers out of the 64 seniors. They were all little homos. Just because of the status a BMW brings you I would never own one. Maybe a 540 Sport but I hate all the kids with there 323ci, 328 that think they are the shit. But I love whooping their ass.</STRONG>
Where the hell do you go to high school? These kids are driving new BMWs? I guess I missed out growing up in Michigan. Any import car in our lot pretty much got keyed. There were still the kids with money, but they got Corvettes... which I still think is insane. There is no reason in the world to give a 16 year old kid a $40,000 car. (Yeah, I know, I'm inviting a flame war here, but let's get real, ok?)
Old 07-31-2001, 06:15 PM
Racer

What about exclusivity??? Other than "ass" isn't that why some of you buy cars? BMW 3 series will sell over 100,000 units here and that is NOT exclusive. More like fleet rentals. Hey I like BMW's too but they cost too much and the dealer's attitude here in town blows. My PDGold is still the major attention getter of all times.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:17 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
<STRONG>

Also, I'm 20, on my 2nd BMW and I didn't buy it for 'status', I bought it for fun and because chicks love it (aka, getting ass).</STRONG>
Dam do you guys really wanna bag girls that want u just for your car. How shallow are u BMW drivers. Dude every girl i ever been with either paid for herself and me, or at least paid for herself, and some of my chicks where hot. Why want a money grubbin hoe? If I want a hoe I take the 10 G's I saved to a whore house and get mad head without the headache.
I would never date a chick that dont like me for me, cuz them hoes that go after the beamers are shollow and no fun anyways.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:21 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by StonedCL:
<STRONG>

Dam do you guys really wanna bag girls that want u just for your car. How shallow are u BMW drivers. Dude every girl i ever been with either paid for herself and me, or at least paid for herself, and some of my chicks where hot. Why want a money grubbin hoe? If I want a hoe I take the 10 G's I saved to a whore house and get mad head without the headache.
I would never date a chick that dont like me for me, cuz them hoes that go after the beamers are shollow and no fun anyways.</STRONG>
We're are not looking for GFs, just looking for hoes, and classy chiks like bimmers as well, but damn staight I want a girl that likes me for me, but an occasional flirt cause of the car never hurts.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:34 PM
Advanced

<STRONG>By the way, it IS much easier to get laid if you drive a BMW.</STRONG>
Gimme a break here, guys. If you need a small penis compensation-mobile, go for a 'vette. Otherwise, buy a car for yourself based on your own priorities. Personally, I don't like taking chicks out in the CL right away, cause then they expect you to spend mad cash on 'em, which I don't have. I always use my old car (maxima) for 1st dates, and usually get "nice car" comments on that ! Now when you meet her parents, then you roll up in the CL.
News flash: chicks that go for guys in nice cars will f&(k you (and everyone else) even without the car. Don't waste 10 grand trying to get 'em.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by SchwartzSM:
<STRONG>

Gimme a break here, guys. If you need a small penis compensation-mobile, go for a 'vette. Otherwise, buy a car for yourself based on your own priorities. Personally, I don't like taking chicks out in the CL right away, cause then they expect you to spend mad cash on 'em, which I don't have. I always use my old car (maxima) for 1st dates, and usually get "nice car" comments on that ! Now when you meet her parents, then you roll up in the CL.
News flash: chicks that go for guys in nice cars will f&(k you (and everyone else) even without the car. Don't waste 10 grand trying to get 'em.</STRONG>

Some people just have an extra $10k to spend so let that be their (our) problem. Why do you have to have restless and sleepless nights worrying about why I paid $10k more than you did on your car? You have a great car and guys with BMWs have great cars, lets leave it at that.

If its a money issue, then its not your problem why I spent $10k more on mine used than you did on yours brand new.
Old 07-31-2001, 06:56 PM
Advanced

<STRONG>Some people just have an extra $10k to spend so let that be their (our) problem. Why do you have to have restless and sleepless nights worrying about why I paid $10k more than you did on your car? You have a great car and guys with BMWs have great cars, lets leave it at that.

If its a money issue, then its not your problem why I spent $10k more on mine used than you did on yours brand new.</STRONG>
I agree, they're both nice cars. If I could afford an M3, I'd go for it in a second (for performance reasons, of course, not to attract 2 dollar hoars). I was referring to the original topic, CL-S vs 330ci, and basically, I'm saying only spend the extra 10K if the added handling/rwd in exchange for power/torque/reliability is worth it to you. You've got a nice car, but IMO, the non M 3 series just aren't worth the price. And don't worry, I'm not losing any sleep over my extra 10K savings!
Old 07-31-2001, 07:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
This thread has been beaten to death a million times, except now you're getting racist with each other (even if it's a joke). Continue this in Ramblings under a new topic if you'd like.... it's closed here....