3.5l/ 2 99+gt/ 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2003, 11:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
3.5l/ 2 99+gt/ 2

this was our first encounter

3.5l 1 99+gt 1
i was out looking for trouble and i found some...this dark red GT ...we caught the light ,but this guy was driving slow, no signs he wanted to go...and there was a car between us...no excuses, he got me....but from 50 ,i gave him the jump,, but i pulled out alittle first anyway ,and kept it there ,maybe i mean maybe gained a foot to 120+ ...understand this is pretty open highway...(for those who know fivay north on 19) he said this things setup up for a dig, so i said lets catch this light...perfect timing (little and 19) we go, he gets out good no dening he gets out hard he put 1-1/2 to 2 on me ,and was slowly pulling away.... id say it's a low 13 car...it just goes to show how different cars from different speeds can vari....this is why it's hard to explain ,but why i sometimes beat cars that should be faster, the LS1 should pull of 1.9 or better 60's in order to get low 13's ,but if i get the hit and they dont launch well...they gave up there main advantge ...low end torque....

13,s lookin for 12's

I've seen this guy around alot...acctually know him from where we both worked before..now he patrols the same area i do we always laugh when we see eachother ...i didnt bother posting this but a month or more back we raced from a dig again but we rolled out into first and then nailed it...he put a car on me but i kept it there he gave me compliments not bad like he hadnt remembered that from a 50 roll i pulled on him...anyway last night i ran into him again..this time with the SSR's and draggers i'd been telling him about...we caught the light and this time i pulled on him... got a car to car and a half and was very slowly pulling ,very slow. he shut it down around 70...he told me after he just spins now, and that i hooked up good, no spin at all he said...not sure on that, i know i can break them alittle and i wasnt pushing them my hardest, when ever im next to theses loud V8s, i cant hear what i have going on, so i was slightly conservitive..but it feels good...gotta find my 350Z friend now and see how i do there.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:13 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I don't understand the thread topic or a word of what you wrote.

Is that stuff in your sig part of the story?
Old 12-26-2003, 06:23 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice runs
Old 12-29-2003, 07:34 AM
fastest time 13.4@107 !!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: 3.5l/ 2 99+gt/ 2

Originally posted by typeR
this was our first encounter

3.5l 1 99+gt 1
i was out looking for trouble and i found some...this dark red GT ...we caught the light ,but this guy was driving slow, no signs he wanted to go...and there was a car between us...no excuses, he got me....but from 50 ,i gave him the jump,, but i pulled out alittle first anyway ,and kept it there ,maybe i mean maybe gained a foot to 120+ ...understand this is pretty open highway...(for those who know fivay north on 19) he said this things setup up for a dig, so i said lets catch this light...perfect timing (little and 19) we go, he gets out good no dening he gets out hard he put 1-1/2 to 2 on me ,and was slowly pulling away.... id say it's a low 13 car...it just goes to show how different cars from different speeds can vari....this is why it's hard to explain ,but why i sometimes beat cars that should be faster, the LS1 should pull of 1.9 or better 60's in order to get low 13's ,but if i get the hit and they dont launch well...they gave up there main advantge ...low end torque....

13,s lookin for 12's

I've seen this guy around alot...acctually know him from where we both worked before..now he patrols the same area i do we always laugh when we see eachother ...i didnt bother posting this but a month or more back we raced from a dig again but we rolled out into first and then nailed it...he put a car on me but i kept it there he gave me compliments not bad like he hadnt remembered that from a 50 roll i pulled on him...anyway last night i ran into him again..this time with the SSR's and draggers i'd been telling him about...we caught the light and this time i pulled on him... got a car to car and a half and was very slowly pulling ,very slow. he shut it down around 70...he told me after he just spins now, and that i hooked up good, no spin at all he said...not sure on that, i know i can break them alittle and i wasnt pushing them my hardest, when ever im next to theses loud V8s, i cant hear what i have going on, so i was slightly conservitive..but it feels good...gotta find my 350Z friend now and see how i do there.

time for some spray:P
Old 12-29-2003, 09:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chaptorial
What don't you understand, it is an equation with three variables.

3.5 * L / 2 * 99 + G * T / 2

Old 01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Chaptorial

Is that stuff in your sig part of the story?
Old 01-06-2004, 10:36 AM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My understanding was that from a 50 roll you pulled a small amount to 120. Then you raced from a dig and he jumped on you about 1.5 cars and kept pulling.

Second (or third depending on how you look at it) encounter a few days later you had your SSRs and draggers. This time you got the jump on him and pulled slightly from a dig but he shut down at 70.

did I get the jist?
Old 01-06-2004, 09:53 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice runs. I bet the guy was like WTF when you hung