2nd gen cl's watch out!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2002, 02:38 AM
i like chicken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd gen cl's watch out!

we have some major motor plans for her hopefully enough to keep up with you guys. i know this inst 2nd gen, but let me know what you guys think. all work was done by me except for the paint and the clear.

Old 08-06-2002, 03:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
i like it, clean and low.

but if you wanna keep up w/ a 2nd gen you should start off by getting lightweight wheels. those niche's are too focking heavy. you could prolly free up 6-10whp from that alone.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:39 AM
Race Director

love it!!!

looks awsome,

titans look hotttt...or are they the knock off detentions?
Old 08-06-2002, 05:22 AM
Pro

Re: 2nd gen cl's watch out!

Originally posted by rmstoico
we have some major motor plans for her hopefully enough to keep up with you guys. i know this inst 2nd gen, but let me know what you guys think. all work was done by me except for the paint and the clear.

nice
Old 08-06-2002, 05:53 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts

good shit, man... mad props to u!!!! hehehheehhehe

and i know somone is gonna say "RICE".. u better stfu.. cuz this aint "RICE"

dont bust that stupid word on every car!
again.. that s some good shit =)
Old 08-06-2002, 05:55 AM
Team Owner

hahaha... i m wondering how u gonna beat CLS.. with air bags n those chrome rims hehehehheehhe
Old 08-06-2002, 06:04 AM
Instructor

very nice
Old 08-06-2002, 06:08 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by oonowindoo
hahaha... i m wondering how u gonna beat CLS.. with air bags n those chrome rims hehehehheehhe
oh and btw: if u ever wanna beat a cls.. u better fix ur front grills first.. otherwise u will have nothing to beat CLS with.. if u know what i mean heheheh =)
Old 08-06-2002, 06:43 AM
Three Wheelin'

love it....that is phat
Old 08-06-2002, 07:33 AM
You Fawkin Kiddin Me!

Ross... ahhh... wait till you get mine in your hands... I will be your ONLY 1st Gen competition... or co-existant! I love your car! Fellas, 10x better in person than in a pic!

ALL NYers... He will be staying up here iin NY at my house this weekend.. maybe you all should take a peek! ROSS.. Flaunt your shit!
Old 08-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Racer

all i have to say is... RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but nice n clean at the same time
Old 08-06-2002, 08:17 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Casper98CL
Ross... ahhh... wait till you get mine in your hands... I will be your ONLY 1st Gen competition... or co-existant! I love your car! Fellas, 10x better in person than in a pic!

ALL NYers... He will be staying up here iin NY at my house this weekend.. maybe you all should take a peek! ROSS.. Flaunt your shit!
I haven't received an email yet??

anyway... Ross.. that car came out awesome!! Great job... I know this has been a long process for you. Great color choice too.... I'd love to see it in person... hopefully I'll catch up with you guys this weekend!!
Old 08-06-2002, 08:22 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
niiiiiiice!
Old 08-06-2002, 09:39 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What color did you use, I like that blue
Old 08-06-2002, 10:28 AM
Instructor

How about a mini-meet for NY'ers or Tri-Stater's who want to check out Ross's car?
Old 08-06-2002, 10:35 AM
i like chicken

thanks for the compliments. to answer a few questions:

1. how is this rice? rice is frims, chrome striping on the door, big aluminum wings that dont look good on the specific car, stickers galore, etc...

2. oonowindoo, about changing the front grille, i plan on doing a custom twin turbo if my skyline purchase falls through. however, if i get the skyline (97 r34 gtr) there will be nothing on the east coast faster. but i know what you mean bro! i dont bullshit when i take on a project, as you can see.

3. the color is mercedes benz bahama blue.

4. CHROME WHEELS.... i know i know, i am getting rid of these and going with 18" niches. sorry i like chrome if it is done on the right car, with the right color. i think chrome works good with the color. plus, keep in mind, i wasnt building a race car, its almost pointless using a cl to build a race car, at least for me, because when i do something i go to the far extreme. hence the skyline. it would cost 100g's to get a cl running 8's at palmdale with the skylines. not that i dont mind starting from the bottom, but you also need to be realistic. i wanted to build a "euro/lowrider" type deal.

5. gianni, did you get my email yesterday? please check it.
Old 08-06-2002, 10:50 AM
Drifting

That's clean as hell! Nice!
Old 08-06-2002, 11:18 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
why go w/ niches? There are tons of other great looking chrome rims. All niches are pretty much played out, find something no one else has, you have a very unique car.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:35 AM
What can I get ya?

Originally posted by vinnydahitman
all i have to say is... RICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I sense some jealousy? I think so. You should learn what the word rice is about before you start throwing it around.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:53 AM
Racer

why dont you educate me then? i think the look is RICE, I also said it looks nice n clean but dropped to the ground and a full no where near stock body kit and a bright paint job is rice to me... sure it lacks the traditional wing, lighting, stripes, extra horse power stickers and the neon glow coming from the bottow (at least during the day) but i still think it looks rice... hey!! its just my opinion!! calm down
Old 08-06-2002, 12:02 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
So this is probally rice to you too?

http://www.ridejudge.com/featured/September01/
Old 08-06-2002, 12:07 PM
9th Gear

WOW

R I C E !!

YEA BABY !!

Old 08-06-2002, 12:09 PM
Racer

if you are talking about this then NO... that is a classic, maybe in 45years the cl will be a classic too... doubtful but maybe
Old 08-06-2002, 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Don't sweat if Ross... those who are saying it's rice and mean it do not know what the term means and are throwing it around....

Those who don't mean it are obviously breaking your chops.... I mean, you did post to not say it was rice... you know that there will be some wise-ass replies to that!! LOL

Anyway, again... nice ride and hopefully we'll meet up this weekend
Old 08-06-2002, 12:18 PM
Racer

Originally posted by juniorbean
Don't sweat if Ross... those who are saying it's rice and mean it do not know what the term means and are throwing it around....

Those who don't mean it are obviously breaking your chops.... I mean, you did post to not say it was rice... you know that there will be some wise-ass replies to that!! LOL

Anyway, again... nice ride and hopefully we'll meet up this weekend

I apologize to everyone on this board, I am obviously miseducated.

Could someone please be so kind as to post the definition of RICE as in the preceding context.

It shouldnt be too hard to come up with as there is only one clear cut definition of RICE, as a matter of fact I could probably do a web search and come up with the definition somewhere huh? and i'm sure it will be the same one that you post.... while I am searching please dont forget to post that definition so that i can compare the two... thanks
Old 08-06-2002, 12:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Excerpts from riceboypage.com

"Most Rice-Boy cars (or "Rice Rockets") have the usual complement of stickers proudly displaying features that the car might or might not have, most notably, the Honda VTEC sticker from the later model Preludes, and the plaques from the later model Integras."

"For example -- I have seen many a Civic with aftermarket rims with the wrong wheel offset, or just plain lowered incorrectly. Sure, the car looks nice, except for the tendancy for the wheels to slant inward, preventing the tire's full contact patch from touching the ground, which results in poorer traction, leading to slower acceleration and poor cornering. This of course defeats the purpose of lowering one's car (to acheive better cornering)."

"It's not so much that Rice-Boy is trying to make his car look good. There are lots of people out there who just want to make their car look good, and don't care about speed at all. Rice-Boy, however, says that he is making his modifications to enhance his car's performance, when really, all he cares about is fitting some sort of image. For example, he may lower his car, saying that it is for a lower center of gravity, and thus, better handling, but if he doesn't do a good job of it (i.e., his car is bouncing around from his shocks being able to handle the higher spring rates... or he cuts his springs making his car uneven) then we know that really, he cares more about looking low then he does about better cornering."

I think you get the idea. My point is... everytime someone builds a show car... almost everyone jumps on the post and calls it rice. A show car is not rice. It may be extreme when compared to a daily driver... but it is not rice. The only thing I can see people saying is ricey is the drop... but I am almost 100% positive that they are adjustable and it's that low for the picture. The bodykit is custom molded all around, new bumpers, etc.... that is not rice.. that is custom work on a show car.
Old 08-06-2002, 12:54 PM
Racer

from the viewpoint of you and your standards as to what rice is you do not consider this to be rice. in my opinion it is rice, simple as that. your excerpt is in no way a definition just what, and i quote "Most Rice-Boy cars" are made of.

i dont want to get into a pissing contest over this, i think it looks ricey you dont nuff said

i never said i didnt like it....... i think he did one hell of a job molding and painting, one HELL of a job. it just isnt for me and in my classification of rice.

congrats on a job well done, hope you win some shows
Old 08-06-2002, 12:58 PM
Mr. Lover-Lover

Well...the color is nice....but the rest isnt my bag....but if it is what YOU have been working on....then i have to give you mad props for doing the work.... I wouldnt have known where to even start.....good luck with the rest of the mods
Old 08-06-2002, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by vinnydahitman
from the viewpoint of you and your standards as to what rice is you do not consider this to be rice. in my opinion it is rice, simple as that......

i dont want to get into a pissing contest over this, i think it looks ricey, you dont nuff said

Amen... different stokes for different folks
Old 08-06-2002, 01:21 PM
i like chicken

vinny: no offense taken, im glad you can appreciate the work. if you think it is rice then thats fine because i, unlike many, appreciate props and respect more than opinion.

ghander: the wheels i am getting are very clean, even though they are niches i have never seen them anywhere in the mags, at shows, etc... nobody has these. if you like the axxis wheels i think you will like these but i wont say until i can sell these.

everyone else: try not to confuse euro lowrider with rice. actually, i feel rice is more associated with tuner cars than it is with euro lowrider. rice was ultimately derived from crotch rockets (yes i have done the research). then extended over to 4 cylinder japanese engines in the late 70's/early 80's when honda and toyota brought fuel efficient cars over to the states. everyone joked and called the engines rice burners. the rest is history. my car really isnt rice, just a different style i think. but your all entitled to your own opinion and im glad everyone here can understand this car is 1 of a kind, which means big show points.

juniorbean, YES lets get together this weekend. you'll get to hear the roar of my APEXi N1! thanks again everyone, later.
Old 08-06-2002, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
if i get the skyline (97 r34 gtr) there will be nothing on the east coast faster.

mkay...

:o
Old 08-06-2002, 04:23 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Your ride is pimp! I like everything but the rims.
Old 08-06-2002, 04:48 PM
Drifting

your car is PIMP but the rims do have to go but if you are doing euro lowrider then i guess its ok
Old 08-06-2002, 05:32 PM
My other car is a 350Z

I don't think it's Rice, but sorry...I think it is ugly. The kit just towers over the natural proportions of the car.

It looks like a size 42 suit on a 10-year old kid.
Old 08-06-2002, 06:02 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
It looks AWESOME........I would get bigger rims though
Old 08-06-2002, 06:13 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think its great that you put so much effort into it and the car looks damn good. Personally I think its lowered a little too much, but then again you are going for the lowrider look! Kudos to you! If there is a meet this weekend where in NYC will it be...I'd love to see that car in person.
Old 08-06-2002, 07:52 PM
Seminole Fan

2. oonowindoo, about changing the front grille, i plan on doing a custom twin turbo if my skyline purchase falls through. however, if i get the skyline (97 r34 gtr) there will be nothing on the east coast faster. but i know what you mean bro! i dont bullshit when i take on a project, as you can see.
So what a sec, if you don't get the skyline then you are gonna twin-turbo the CL??? If I'm hearing this right then I have two questions:

1) What are you going to do with the tranny to take massive amounts of horsepower?!?!

2) Why twin-turbo - wouldn't that lag like a mutha? I'd say go with a decent sized single turbo.

BTW - your car looks awesome. Definitely not rice.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:18 PM
i like chicken

Originally posted by DirtyHarryFSU

So what a sec, if you don't get the skyline then you are gonna twin-turbo the CL??? If I'm hearing this right then I have two questions:

1) What are you going to do with the tranny to take massive amounts of horsepower?!?!

2) Why twin-turbo - wouldn't that lag like a mutha? I'd say go with a decent sized single turbo.

BTW - your car looks awesome. Definitely not rice.
good questions...

twin might lag, but it will be done correctly, i think it will run better.

tranny? first, there is already another acura tranny that can be fit into the first gen cl with very little modification to the bel housing. and i am also looking into the 2003 6 speed accord tranny as well. honestly, id rather pick up this skyline but it costs alot to ship to the states. thanks for the compliment.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:06 AM
Banned

I'm with vinnydahitman! That shit is RICED OUT! How the fuck you gonna put a kit that does not flow with the lines on the body of the car? Yes,I know, Ok, I give him props for the work you put, BUT it is not excecuted correctly. Everything is buldging out of the body. Now RICEBOY if you hit a bump don't you think that by molding the whole kit it'll be more of a problem when it cracks. Hope you dont take it to an import show Better take it on the scraping tour with all those wack lowriders. In my opinion I think the orange CL I belive he/she goes by the name of veilside looks way better and kit flows with body line unlike yours. I saw that orange car at www.cardomain.com and www.importspeed-south.com I believe
Old 08-07-2002, 01:42 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by IntegTR
I'm with vinnydahitman! That shit is RICED OUT! How the fuck you gonna put a kit that does not flow with the lines on the body of the car? Yes,I know, Ok, I give him props for the work you put, BUT it is not excecuted correctly. Everything is buldging out of the body. Now RICEBOY if you hit a bump don't you think that by molding the whole kit it'll be more of a problem when it cracks. Hope you dont take it to an import show Better take it on the scraping tour with all those wack lowriders. In my opinion I think the orange CL I belive he/she goes by the name of veilside looks way better and kit flows with body line unlike yours. I saw that orange car at www.cardomain.com and www.importspeed-south.com I believe
ur from So cal and ur saying that car is RICE OUT?? hahahhahahahahha and u think he drives that car with that height??? obviously he has airbagz... and why is that car rice out??? cuz his bodykit doesnt FLOWwith the lines ont he body of the car??? and that s RICE OUT? maybe u think it s ugly... but that s not rice..... Ugly doesnt mean RICE... hahahahha

Quick Reply: 2nd gen cl's watch out!