2003 Accord EX Coupe 6MT....cheaper....faster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Russdaddy
Are you sure that those females that flashed you weren't prostitutes?

Yeah let's see some pics if you can post. If that car is as tight as you say it is, then I'm doing this car stuff all wrong.
I actually paid them to flash me because I can't no love in my ugly, dime a dozen accord.

My Accord is tight, and I get attention. All I have done to the exterior is put on tyc heads and tails, a type-r grill, 15% tint, cl-s rims, and let my car's black paint bling. I got more bells and whistles besides that, but I'm just talking about exterior. I spent a little money on exterior to customize my car and 'bam', I got a unique looking ride that people are curious about. Believe what you want, I wasn't expecting to get any props on an acura site for owning an accord.

I'm not trying to say that I'm the number one stunner in my accord, I'm just saying that it does turn heads on a daily basis. I would be willing to bet my accord gets more attention than a lot of you acura drivers and my overall cost to achieve this attention is probably siginificantly lower than what most of you have spent.

Keep in mind before flaming me for my opinion on the accord, that I would take a cl-s anyday over the accord and I don't care if it doesn't look as good, I'm about the power. I would post pics of my car but I know what kind of reaction I'll get, so there is no need.
Old 06-14-2005, 02:05 AM
That's Racist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tommypenguin
I actually paid them to flash me because I can't no love in my ugly, dime a dozen accord.

My Accord is tight, and I get attention. All I have done to the exterior is put on tyc heads and tails, a type-r grill, 15% tint, cl-s rims, and let my car's black paint bling. I got more bells and whistles besides that, but I'm just talking about exterior. I spent a little money on exterior to customize my car and 'bam', I got a unique looking ride that people are curious about. Believe what you want, I wasn't expecting to get any props on an acura site for owning an accord.

I'm not trying to say that I'm the number one stunner in my accord, I'm just saying that it does turn heads on a daily basis. I would be willing to bet my accord gets more attention than a lot of you acura drivers and my overall cost to achieve this attention is probably siginificantly lower than what most of you have spent.

Keep in mind before flaming me for my opinion on the accord, that I would take a cl-s anyday over the accord and I don't care if it doesn't look as good, I'm about the power. I would post pics of my car but I know what kind of reaction I'll get, so there is no need.
I see what you're sayin', please let the pictures speak.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:50 AM
FWD tuna boat

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
don't we have some sort of speed sensor on the windshield wipers?
and does she have the automatic side mirror for reverse?
^Can you tell that's my absolute favorite part of the CL-S? Even better than the 3.2 engine itself.
we have the old fashioned 'intermittent speed setting' for the wipers (timed)...my gf's bmw has a 'rain sensor'. what it does is wipe only when rain falls on the glass so you dont have to mess w/the timed setting. i love it.

her car also has the tilt side mirror when in reverse, plus the rear sensor.

and the turning headlights are amazing...they turn in the direction you are turning and can see more around corners...

i truly dont see any great features on my 02 CL (no navi) that a 96 accord doesnt (other than HID and LSD). just a nicer honda. and YES...it is a honda...
Old 06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by andre
her car also has the tilt side mirror when in reverse, plus the rear sensor.
touché to you good sir.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:56 AM
10th Gear

I should probably start another thread about this, but my buddy said I should get an IS300 with the 5-speed manual. I have always liked these cars, but I could hang with them in my 2 GSRs easily when they first came out. The 5-speed is a little quicker, however. And I hear the "fun to drive" factor is pretty big. The styling, RWD, and 4 doors are all a plus. The 2JZ engine is turbo-friendly if I ever wanted more power. I don't race anymore, even though I get challenged on the freeway on a weekly basis, simply because I drive a GSR, losers. So I don't know if the straight line speed will be that big of a factor for my decision on a car. Several of you own/have owned other cars, so what do you guys think about the IS300 (other than the fact than a CLS 6MT would whoop its ass at the strip any day)?

Sorry if I hijacked my own thread.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:20 AM
now with 7 gears

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by XSNRGSR
I should probably start another thread about this, but my buddy said I should get an IS300 with the 5-speed manual. I have always liked these cars, but I could hang with them in my 2 GSRs easily when they first came out. The 5-speed is a little quicker, however. And I hear the "fun to drive" factor is pretty big. The styling, RWD, and 4 doors are all a plus. The 2JZ engine is turbo-friendly if I ever wanted more power. I don't race anymore, even though I get challenged on the freeway on a weekly basis, simply because I drive a GSR, losers. So I don't know if the straight line speed will be that big of a factor for my decision on a car. Several of you own/have owned other cars, so what do you guys think about the IS300 (other than the fact than a CLS 6MT would whoop its ass at the strip any day)?

I had been looking at the IS300's before getting the CL-S a few weeks ago. The lexus is a nicely put together vehicle. RWD is always a good thing, and their very friendly to suspension mods too. I think the overall fun factor for the IS pretty good if you want to mod it a bit, but when it came down to a decision, I found that the car was just really puny for a four door, and it was looking somewhat dated, esp. the altezza taillights , and that it was slightly underpowered in stock form...
Old 06-15-2005, 03:04 PM
That's Racist

I actually cross shopped with the IS300 when I got my CL-S in 2002. Have absolutely always loved the styling of the car. Only problem I've ever had with 'em is the interior. However, I've always loved the car. A bit weak in stock trim, but if you don't plan on racing it, I don't see any problem with just plain cruising in that damn good looking car.

Although not as bad as the Accord, these things are still a dime a dozen.

all in all. I love the car. I love the styling, and I love the mod potential. If there were less of 'em around, I would definitely say IS300 over the CLS6
Old 06-20-2005, 11:59 PM
~HondaF1~

Received 110 Likes on 89 Posts
From what I can tell, the accord is missing only two features: A LSD, and HID headlights. I am ignoring style since they are two different cars.

Oh, and the accord is faster...........feel free to yell at me for that.

So why buy the CL-S?
Style is something you can never ignore.

Theres a poop-load of little stuff that an Acura has over a regular Honda.

I live & breathe Honda & I actually wanted a 6-speed Accord .... for ever! The thing is that my '99 Accord EX-L was taken from me & burned four days later ... screwed was I. I had a year left on my lease which would have been about mid-03 (right around the 'estimated' arrival of the Accord 6-speed).

Well, long story short, I got my '03 CL-S 6-speed & love it to death.

Now, I've worked @ a Honda dealership for 5 years & this issue has been put to rest several times due to the fact that sales people come & go ... you know that, we all know that. But theres always a hot-shot that would bring it up & I'd say, grab the damn keys & lets go!

My point, I've taken well over a dozen 6-speed Accords. Some are close races, most I pull quite decently (only consider clean races w/good drivers, not clowns!).