2003 Accord EX Coupe 6MT....cheaper....faster?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2005, 08:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by XSNRGSR
Both are 6MT by the way. The accord has a 240hp 3.0 VTEC, and we know what the CL-S has.

Accord V-6 Coupe 6MT Curb Weight: 3294
CL-S 6MT Curb Weight: 3446
that's probably about right, each 100 lbs. = a tenth of the time,

accords suck, every wanna be acura owner owns a honda.

there are 4 accords for every cls.

leave the acurazine and find a honda accord web site who will lick your a** when you say you want to buy an accord.

HA HA
Old 06-10-2005, 08:36 PM
Type S-man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chopper
Hello New Orleans
(Sorry to go off topic here, but...)

Great! A fellow Lousianian w/ a CL-S. I just bought mine in late april, are there ever any meets out here? I'm all stock, but i'd love to see what you guys have
Old 06-10-2005, 08:37 PM
Got a Job!

oh also, the center armrest slides forward for more support.....DEFINITELY worth the extra $3,000!

On a serious note, they're both very similar cars. However, the CL will have a more luxury feel to it, and if you get the 6spd, you get the LSD, which is phatty. Given the same driver, the CLS6sp should edge out the A6sp, but are VERY close. The CL is more responsive to power in modifying, and in my opinion, looks better than the accord. The accord looks TOO generic, where the CL has more of it's own unique look. It really comes down to you man and if you're willing to spend the extra $3,000. Good luck. Either way, you can't go wrong, both are great cars.
Old 06-10-2005, 08:44 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by Dem1K
The accord looks TOO generic, where the CL has more of it's own unique look.
Correction dem. The accord is UGLY

Kidding. That's just my opinion.

Have you decided yet? I've been hitting this thread all day. Whatcha leanin' towards?
Old 06-10-2005, 08:53 PM
Instructor

It is definately a matter of taste. I know because I was just shopping for a car, and I just bought my CL about 2 weeks ago.

Test drive both of them. See which one shifts smoother, rides smoother and most importantly makes you feel smooother

When I am behind the wheel of my CL I feel like a million bucks, if you can get that feeling from an accord buy it. They are obv both great cars, and comparably simliar. So sit in them, drive them around and see which one just feels right. The one where u can get into the seat and its just the perfect position. When it comes down to it, if the CL feels that much better than the accord, then the $3000 is def worth it.

If the money is a big factor, than save the $3000, I am sure you will def still be happy with the accord. I got a CL and i still like them, but I def think our CL's are much more luxorious.

Either way Im sure you'll pop outside a couplke times a day to look at it, at least thats what i do, its becoming an obsession!
Old 06-10-2005, 09:22 PM
Instructor

lol whuts w/ all the hating...

I got an Accord coupe EX V6 w/ navi and I WAS lookin at buyin a new CL S back then, but they stopped making them so I jus bought the accord instead. People on the V6P forum look up to the CLs, cars basically like cousins

Both car got same auto tranny, so shouldn't be hatin on that one :P *jus that accords dont have Eshift but they still blowin*
Old 06-10-2005, 10:10 PM
That's Racist

three words... automatic side mirror.
Old 06-10-2005, 10:42 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

Originally Posted by skgarach
(Sorry to go off topic here, but...)

Great! A fellow Lousianian w/ a CL-S. I just bought mine in late april, are there ever any meets out here? I'm all stock, but i'd love to see what you guys have

I bought his CL-S last year but he is still the know all of louisiana . Most the meets are in HOUSTON
Old 06-11-2005, 12:50 AM
Intermediate

Both very good cars but it seems like more than half the people I see driving Accord coupes are females. To be honest I've only seen males driving the CL's.
Old 06-11-2005, 01:08 AM
Instructor

from whut I see... majority of CL and Accord coupe drivers ARE FEMALES....

so its not jus an Accord thing. U can't go wrong either way... both cars are technically Hondas... so stop the hating! Yes Honda leather sux! But the Acura ones aren't that much better either. These cars aren't that high end.
Old 06-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Advanced

To make a long story short, I Had an Accord coupe in school, after graduating I wanted to buy myself a car that was nicer, to let people know I was doing things with my life. The CL-s is classier, more unique, and most important chicks dig a sexey CL-S way more then an Accord they see 20 times a day!

oh yeah, IT'S AN ACURA DAMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [B]
Old 06-11-2005, 05:09 PM
That's Racist

Did you decide anything yet? This debate can go on forever.

And yes... the CL seats are worlds better than the 7th gen accord coupe seats.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Banned

black accord w/ stock bodykit > CL (look wise)

but a CL is classy and the accord is like the most popular car on the road. although i dont see many of the newer gen coupes on the road. did accord sales go down?

but yes, the accord really is a watered down CL. buying an accord would probably drive me nuts. whenever i would be sitting in it, i'd regret not getting the cl.

its like buying a decked out Jetta instead of a nicer A4.

get the CL. most ppl dont even know the CL ever came in a 6speed, go for it and be unique
Old 06-12-2005, 12:26 PM
Instructor

I know most of you hate accords, but come on...they are less expensive and have some of the same features.

I am currently looking at an Accord coupe 6MT, and a CLS 6MT. They are both blue, and are within 2000 miles of eachother on the odometer.

From what I can tell, the accord is missing only two features: A LSD, and HID headlights. I am ignoring style since they are two different cars. Both cars have leather, heated seats, moonroof, etc...

The accord is selling for over $3000 less.

Oh, and the accord is faster...........feel free to yell at me for that.

So why buy the CL-S?
ACURA is not HONDA
LEXUS is not TOYOTA
INFINITY is not NISSAN

SAME CARS COST and LOOKS THE SAME

Buy accord and find out yourself why it is cheaper ....
Old 06-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

IN reference to Jay,
did the 7th gen accord coupe sales go down, because i see a lot less of those cars than the 6th gen accords
Old 06-12-2005, 12:33 PM
goldmemberererer

Originally Posted by n00dleboy
the highest asian density per square mile
Old 06-12-2005, 02:59 PM
That's Racist

'nother factor. Are you going to be driving this car into the ground, or are you going to resell relatively soon... big... big... BIG concern if the latter case.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:22 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for the input.

I floated the river (New Braunfels, TX) with a bunch of people on Saturday, and my plan was to drive back to Austin to probably buy the CLS. However, fate had different plans for me. The chick who was supposed to hold our IDs and car keys got drunk and threw the bag away. Needless to say, by the time this ordeal was over, the dealership was closed. I'm back in Houston now, so I might have to wait another week to buy it, if it's still there.

The last few cars I have had (2 GSRs and a F150), I have kept for about 2 years, 1 year for the truck. How do the resale values for the CLS 6MT look?
Old 06-12-2005, 11:43 PM
That's Racist

Better than the 5 speed auto tranny ones for sure. BUT. Still not good.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:31 AM
Intermediate

Simple test: Do the chicks dig the Accord or the CL? If you don't care, buy the Accord, save your $ and spend on the chicks.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:38 AM
Intermediate

BTW: Not sure where C&D is getting its 0-60 times but here's a site I use: http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...d1=0&Speed2=60

Looks like the Accord v-6 is more like 7.14 secs. Where as the Cls is 5.8. Even the stock Cl 2001 + appears to be faster....

Just food for thought, take it for what's it's worth...
Old 06-13-2005, 01:01 AM
That's Racist

In reference to the "do the chicks dig the car" question, I had a female friend who actualyl said to me... "i love your cl. It's such a mom's car though."
Old 06-13-2005, 02:01 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
The newer accords are pretty quick, but I think the CLS should take them easily. I've raced the newer accords plenty of times, and they have yet to have smoked me like a CLS. Most the times they only took me by half a car or by a bumper. The CLS just hands my ass to me (this is all without the 125 shot).

But you guys just wait and see, I'll have my revenge
Old 06-13-2005, 02:02 AM
2600lb CL

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts
I say go with the CLS if you want something new, you cant go wrong IMO. But if you don't really care for what you drive, then go with the cheaper car, the accord.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:42 AM
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Drewster
Simple test: Do the chicks dig the Accord or the CL? If you don't care, buy the Accord, save your $ and spend on the chicks.
In reference to this thread and to this quote especially, I have a 99 accord and I get plenty of attention. I had women flashing me two nights ago downtown after leaving a club. As for my opion on what to choose, the acura is more classy but it doesn't look as sporty IMO. I would buy a cl-s over an accord because of the 25 more ponies and the and the limited slip. But I am looking for a car to perform more than looks. But if looks were the deciding factor, I would definitely take an accord with oem body kit and those tight 6 speed wheels and the honda factory performance kit any day over the cl-s. Which would be comparably priced because of the added features.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:55 AM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by tommypenguin
In reference to this thread and to this quote especially, I have a 99 accord and I get plenty of attention. I had women flashing me two nights ago downtown after leaving a club. As for my opion on what to choose, the acura is more classy but it doesn't look as sporty IMO. I would buy a cl-s over an accord because of the 25 more ponies and the and the limited slip. But I am looking for a car to perform more than looks. But if looks were the deciding factor, I would definitely take an accord with oem body kit and those tight 6 speed wheels and the honda factory performance kit any day over the cl-s. Which would be comparably priced because of the added features.
Girls were flashing you over a 99 accord?
Pictures of the accord please.
Not that I don't believe you. But you gotta have one hell of an accord.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:35 AM
Boondocks fanatic.....

Originally Posted by tommypenguin

Are you sure that those females that flashed you weren't prostitutes?

Yeah let's see some pics if you can post. If that car is as tight as you say it is, then I'm doing this car stuff all wrong.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:56 PM
FWD tuna boat

i'd go w/the car...chicks will just WASTE your cash...

if you're worried about the resale value, an 03 is ALMOST flattening out on the depreciation curve...you will lose about the same on both cars.

one more thing, the accord will be outdated very soon. CL is timeless (since it's discontinued).

and to reference on the other post: i dont think a CL is a "mom's car"...wish my mom had one.

however, i'm not overly impressed w/the CL features. my girl's 330ci has many more features that i love compared to my CL (swiveling headlights, rain sensing wipers, lil window thing it does to allow doors to shut more easily, rear sensor, etc), but the bmw was more expensive.

i do like the power of my cl vs the bmw though...

Old 06-13-2005, 05:01 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by andre
i'd go w/the car...chicks will just WASTE your cash...

if you're worried about the resale value, an 03 is ALMOST flattening out on the depreciation curve...you will lose about the same on both cars.

one more thing, the accord will be outdated very soon. CL is timeless (since it's discontinued).

and to reference on the other post: i dont think a CL is a "mom's car"...wish my mom had one.

however, i'm not overly impressed w/the CL features. my girl's 330ci has many more features that i love compared to my CL (swiveling headlights, rain sensing wipers, lil window thing it does to allow doors to shut more easily, rear sensor, etc), but the bmw was more expensive.

i do like the power of my cl vs the bmw though...

don't we have some sort of speed sensor on the windshield wipers?
and does she have the automatic side mirror for reverse?
^Can you tell that's my absolute favorite part of the CL-S? Even better than the 3.2 engine itself.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, the tilting passenger mirror is da shit for parallel parking. I don't know how I lived without one!

Best part of the car is the engine though, if only the tranny has closer ratios and RWD... ahhh...
Old 06-13-2005, 05:20 PM
A clean ride is in

Originally Posted by 03silvertypeS
First off, I only have one problem with accords; it's the same problem I have with civics, cavaliers, and camry's, they're EVERYWHERE! You can't go anywhere without seein a bunch of them. If it weren't for that fact, I'd probably have one, but you don't see THAT many CL's out there. I love having a different car than anyone else. If you want to be like everyone else, by the accord, civic, or camry. If you want to stand out from the crowd, buy the CL. If you don't, I guarantee someone else will and they'll love every minute behind the wheel of it.
I hear you, I see Accords everywhere!!
Old 06-13-2005, 05:22 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by 03 CL TypeS
Yeah, the tilting passenger mirror is da shit for parallel parking. I don't know how I lived without one!

Best part of the car is the engine though, if only the tranny has closer ratios and RWD... ahhh...
If only the trannys weren't made out of glass... oh wait. you have a 6 speed.
Old 06-13-2005, 05:23 PM
That's Racist

Originally Posted by treyster
I hear you, I see Accords everywhere!!
I hear you too. I see two outside of my window from work right now parked @ some meters. And there's two more down @ the end of the cul de sac.
Old 06-13-2005, 06:05 PM
Advanced

I don't know if this was said b/c i started to skip thru the respones but i think the name itself helps..i mean what sounds better to you i drive an Acura or I drive a Honda. Though Honda makes Acura you couldn't tell a Lexus owner he was driving an expensive Toyota
Old 06-13-2005, 06:25 PM
I need a Hybrid CL-S

BTW: Not sure where C&D is getting its 0-60 times but here's a site I use: http://www.car-videos.com/performanc...d1=0&Speed2=60

Looks like the Accord v-6 is more like 7.14 secs. Where as the Cls is 5.8. Even the stock Cl 2001 + appears to be faster....

Just food for thought, take it for what's it's worth...

Please stop using that website, it is a joke...... 6.5 seconds for a 2002 subaru wrx? 2004 dodge neon srt-4 5.3 seconds? Those are way off. And an accord v6 is not 7.14 seconds, more around 6.0-6.3. Sounds like uninformed car owners making up their own 0-60 times.
Old 06-13-2005, 07:12 PM
Girls luv me Guys hate me

Originally Posted by Time For Sleeep
don't we have some sort of speed sensor on the windshield wipers?
and does she have the automatic side mirror for reverse?
^Can you tell that's my absolute favorite part of the CL-S? Even better than the 3.2 engine itself.
Yes we have "speed" sensing windshield wipers. The BMW's have "rain" sensing.

LOL, I'd take our engines over the side mirror tilting in reverse any day
Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 PM
That's Racist

Fine then. How about the extendable center armrest then?

Extendable center arm rest > 3.2L SOHC VTEC... right?
Old 06-13-2005, 09:41 PM
9th Gear

The Correct Numbers

The accord ran a 5.9 0-60 and a 14.5 ET at 98mph. This is from the "crappy" drivers at C&D. They also managed to get a CLS to run a 6.0 and 14.8 (I have also seen 6.2/14.9 quite a bit), so if the accord is not faster, it is at least equal.
Hey Dude,

Just got these numbers from the TV show "Motorweek." Check out the site and look at the write-ups.

CL-Smooth

http://www.pbs.org/mpt/motorweek/search.shtml
Old 06-13-2005, 11:10 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cl-smooth
Hey Dude,

Just got these numbers from the TV show "Motorweek." Check out the site and look at the write-ups.

CL-Smooth

Our CL'S is even quicker than the Honda s2000.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cl-smooth
Hey Dude,

CL-Smooth

Thanks for the url. Interesting that there's so many sites out there with different numbers. It appears the site I use has been certified as crap!

Quick Reply: 2003 Accord EX Coupe 6MT....cheaper....faster?