2 Maximas Running 13s NA

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002, 09:21 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kind of a fun thread. it gets harder the lower you go e/t wise. Much more HP needed for smaller gains. If you can hit 79-81 and 9 flat at the least in the 8th you should have no prob hitting 13.8's-13.9's Granted you dont need to shift since your getting up there around 100 at the finish. i dont know the cars gearing and shift points. I have to shift to 4th about 50 yards from the finish so that hurts me some.
Cars seem fairly close. Its a drivers race.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

My best time in "street trim" was 14.46 @ 96.5. That was last november... I had the Y pipe then, and nothing else. Full interior, etc.

Like was said before, my weight reduction consists of a hood, lighter wheels, a removed passenger seat, and the spare and jack out of the trunk. Not that it makes a whole lot of difference, but I was shooting for a goal I had set for myself, and I wanted to make every effort to achieve my goal, within reason of course. The seat and trunk stuff take a grand total of about 3 minutes to remove from the car, an 80 lb weight savings for 3 minutes work is definately worth it in my opinion.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Instructor

Good thing you removed all that, the car was pooping out at the top end. your start was very good and carried you through. the 60' and 330' real good times, the 1/8 you were starting to give some back. Does your car have a top end concern each gear and HP??? Just wondering.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by moomaster_99
oh im so scared...I can say what I please.....fucktard
Fucktard....wow...now that's classy.

Originally posted by scalbert

Why are you here?? You do not own the subject vehicle but have a willingness to speak out against the subject vehicle.

IMO, I could run you down based on your times but that is irrelevant as we are many states away. Additionally and as the old statement is relevent, there is always someone else faster.
I love the "why are you here comment"....as if you've NEVER posted on or looked at other forums besides the one representing the vehicle that you own. If you haven't read or posted on other boards...I feel sorry for you...you're missing out on a whole lot of automotive knowledge out there.

Maybe you could "run me down" N/A....but your car comes with 70 more crank hp from the factory....just the fact that I have only bolt-ons and I run with and beat "bolt-on" CL-Ss should be impressive on it's own.

BTW- I doubt you'd be "running me down" if I used my little power adder....that time is NOT in my sig since I don't have slicks yet....

Originally posted by bryanz3.0cl

TypeSKiller-i wish i lived near you so we could run, id bring my 98 civic coupe tho...i got a dilemma similar to yours...to spray or not to spray, either way its really no competion with the time in your sig, even if you sprayed your time would probably still be 1-1.25 second off if i sprayed too.
Wish you lived here too so you could LEARN something about cars....unless you are running low 12s to high 11s in your little civic...you won't be 1-1.25 seconds faster than my spraying time. Why don't you mosey on over to maxima.org and see the AUTOMATIC maximas that are running low 13s with the same shot that I have on my 5-speed.

Originally posted by Spiroh

If you truly run what you have posted on your sig it will be competitive. I do remember talking to you. I've ran a 14.2@100. N/A
Spiroh, you seem to be one of the few guys on here who actually KNOWS what he's talking about. I'd like to run ya....N/A...and show you what the spray can do too...we should set up a time before it starts snowing. I DID run the time in my sig last weekend (and actually I was right next to Nealoc187 when I ran it), I don't BS....if you need proof...check maxima.org. My name over there is BriGuyMax.
Old 10-10-2002, 10:59 PM
Official BS Sniffer

The General lack of knowledge on this board is really bothering....I expect this from Clubsi...but not a luxo coupe forum....come on guys...learn to READ and try surfing other boards every once in a while...you might actually learn something.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
don't be such a generalizing little bitch, TypeSKiller. this is the sort of convo that you are obviously looking for, w/ your :ghey: user name and your maxima posse.

our 6 speed model just came out and our auto's are as fast or faster than yours. that's the bottom line.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:45 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by TypeSKiller
The General lack of knowledge on this board is really bothering....I expect this from Clubsi...but not a luxo coupe forum....come on guys...learn to READ and try surfing other boards every once in a while...you might actually learn something.
You obviously haven't done your homework on ACL.com members. There is quite a bit of automotive know-how on this board. Many of these members however choose not to respond to shit talkers such as yourself. Your name alone proves that you came here to stir up shit, and for this reason you will be largely ignored. Run along little boy. Come back when you grow a sack.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:46 PM
Suzuka Master

If you want to compare timeslips....I have seen no N/A CL-S run 13s. Maximas have, they are proven faster end of story. No whining about how you can do this and that.......Go to the track and as hicks like to say "Run what ya brung" Spares, jacks, and seats take all of about 5 minutes to take out, even if you have little to none mechanical knowledge. I know that a CL-S 6 speed with mods will hit 13s, just someone go and do it already.

I agree with TypeSkiller that a lot of people on this board arent very smart when it comes to other cars.

BTW.....When is anyone going to show me the superior handling of the CL-S? I wanna see one run at the track
Old 10-10-2002, 11:46 PM
nothing

haha remember its just a civic...b18c/b16 head TRpistons/TRvalvetrain/TR tranny and 75 shot if ever needed dude)...do the math (haha you got owned ...PLEASE, teach me something about cars i really don't know shit...i just act like i do.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:48 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by zeroday
You obviously haven't done your homework on ACL.com members. There is quite a bit of automotive know-how on this board. Many of these members however choose not to respond to shit talkers such as yourself. Your name alone proves that you came here to stir up shit, and for this reason you will be largely ignored. Run along little boy. Come back when you grow a sack.

See this is what a great example of what I am talking about. Great insight into a a conversation, really added some in depth info to this thread.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:52 PM
Suzuka Master

haha remember its just a civic...b18c/b16 head TRpistons/TRvalvetrain/TR tranny and 75 shot if ever needed dude)...do the math (haha you got owned ...PLEASE, teach me something about cars i really don't know shit...i just act like i do.
Thats a low 13s car....high 12s with traction. They are a dime a dozen at Import Drag racing events.
Old 10-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by Maximized
See this is what a great example of what I am talking about. Great insight into a a conversation, really added some in depth info to this thread.
If we're so beneath you perhaps you shouldn't come to our forum anymore and save us the trouble of having to deal with one more troll.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:02 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by JRock
If we're so beneath you perhaps you shouldn't come to our forum anymore and save us the trouble of having to deal with one more troll.

Old 10-11-2002, 12:04 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by JRock

I like learning about new stuff. Whats wrong with that? I never said anyone was beneath me, dont put words in my mouth. It just seems like a lot of people dont know the basics when it comes to cars. Yes newbies can account for some of the posts, but I saw a post the other day from a veteran that asked if mph in gears was increased by mods. That question is common sense honestly.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:06 AM
nothing

thats here nor there...he said he'd like to show me something about 2k2 max's and i told him what i had...your right, 13.3 on street tires with horrible traction till 3rd gear...low 12's with nitrous tho we havent run the set up at the track yet so im not sure how low. its good to know theyre a dime a dozen at the track, but to be honest...how many 12-13s civics do you see on a daily basis.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Suzuka Master

thats here nor there...he said he'd like to show me something about 2k2 max's and i told him what i had...your right, 13.3 on street tires with horrible traction till 3rd gear...low 12's with nitrous tho we havent run the set up at the track yet so im not sure how low. its good to know theyre a dime a dozen at the track, but to be honest...how many 12-13s civics do you see on a daily basis.
I dont see many 12-13s Civics on the road. Mostly 16 second ones either stock or riced out. At Battle of the Imports this year there was quite a bit of quick Civics. There are a lot around, but IMO they dont go to the track because domestic guys give them shit.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Ming 2.7T
Good thing you removed all that, the car was pooping out at the top end. your start was very good and carried you through. the 60' and 330' real good times, the 1/8 you were starting to give some back. Does your car have a top end concern each gear and HP??? Just wondering.
never got an answer to this one. Was just wondering.
Just seemed the car was starved at the top end.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:20 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
I like learning about new stuff. Whats wrong with that? I never said anyone was beneath me, dont put words in my mouth. It just seems like a lot of people dont know the basics when it comes to cars. Yes newbies can account for some of the posts, but I saw a post the other day from a veteran that asked if mph in gears was increased by mods. That question is common sense honestly.
Common sense would also tell you the difference between a 'veteran' and a 'post whore'. Post count is irrelevant; on any board.

Oh, and your comment about my earlier post was very insightful. Thank you again for gracing us with your presence. I look forward to many more of your insightful posts.
Old 10-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Drifting

Old 10-11-2002, 12:49 AM
nothing

its good to know that someone else realized post count doesnt determine how much knowledge you have about cars...ive been on here for about a year and have just over 200 posts, some other guys have been on here a year and have 2000+ posts, it doesnt mean they necessarily know more about cars than me or anybody else...the only thing that determines is that they spend way too much time on here, i can guarantee half of them cant tell you what a valvetrain is and what retainers do...maximized why dont you give us a lesson since you know so much more about cars than us CL-ers.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:01 AM
Official BS Sniffer

never got an answer to this one. Was just wondering.
Just seemed the car was starved at the top end.

The 2900 car is running a 13 second quarter mile with about 185fwhp....for 185hp...I wouldn't exactly call that trap "starved on the top end"
Old 10-11-2002, 01:05 AM
Official BS Sniffer

Originally posted by mattg
don't be such a generalizing little bitch, TypeSKiller. this is the sort of convo that you are obviously looking for, w/ your :ghey: user name and your maxima posse.
I'm not generalizing, I was simply stating that I have observed a higher percentage of idiots on this forum that many others.

My user name was originally a JOKE directed toward Russ when he claimed that no maxima even fully modded could beat a STOCK Type-S...I'm glad you think it's homosexual.

our 6 speed model just came out and our auto's are as fast or faster than yours. that's the bottom line.
I give a shit because?
Old 10-11-2002, 01:05 AM
Instructor

I guess you just answered it, needs more top end to improve on its time. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:11 AM
Official BS Sniffer

How did I get owned???? WERE ON THE FUCKING INTERNET. If you think a 75 shot on that car is going to take it from MAYBE being a low 13s car to low 12s, you're on crack.

Am I supposed to be impressed by your motor swapped civic??? Have you done anything ORIGINAL...nope...just what thousands of other civic owners have done.
I can go to the track during an import event and see 20, maybe 30 swapped civics...how many maximas do you see running low 13s at an import event???

BTW - In case you didn't realize we were talking about Nissan Maximas vs. Acura CL Type S's......these two cars don't have NEARLY the amount of aftermarket support that civics do.

This is a classic case of... "My dick may not be is big as yours....but I've got a friend with a dick that's twice as big"

Well if were going to compare penis size....my Bike will spank the SHIT out of your POS civic from a roll AND from a stop....
Old 10-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Official BS Sniffer

I guess you just answered it, needs more top end to improve on its time. Thanks.
no problem...I'm sorry if I didn't sound nice about answering your question...I'm trying to deal with some people on here that don't seem to understand that they are on the INTERNET....not at a racetrack.
Old 10-11-2002, 01:49 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
but you don't deny you're a little bitch, good.
Old 10-11-2002, 02:00 AM
Intermediate

The reason my trap speed seems low is because I was on slicks. I gain alot of ground right off the launch. Bias Ply tires running at 20psi also do NOT do good things to your trap speeds. On street tires I could trap 99-100, my best trap on the slicks is 98.4. Its a tradeoff, but since I was going for a milestone I was willing to sacrifice a little. My next milestone is 100mph traps, so for that I'll do what I need to do, which may include running on street tires again.
Old 10-11-2002, 04:16 AM
Drifting

OK, I will be in Vegas from the 31st to Nov 3rd. Any time before then or aft3er, I'm down. I rather do it at the track, so we see the times. Do you guys have any ideas or time? Let me know.

spiro
Old 10-11-2002, 07:08 AM
Suzuka Master

I love the "why are you here comment"....as if you've NEVER posted on or looked at other forums besides the one representing the vehicle that you own. If you haven't read or posted on other boards...I feel sorry for you...you're missing out on a whole lot of automotive knowledge out there.
Your arrogance amazes me. I do not go to boards of cars I do not own or have not owned. I see no reason for it. As for gaining knowledge, most of what I read is frivolous on forums; if this is where you gain your knowledge then it very limited.

My knowledge is gained from professional experience and working on my own cars, not reading unrelated forums. You seem to be the type of individual who rides the coattails of others and then spouts off on unrelated forums.

This whole conversation is pathetic. I know every aspect of my car, from the clips holding one the hood insulation to what my current LTFT is running or even the base timing for 100% load with the ECT at 190 F and an IAT at 100 F. But I don’t see how this is related to or helps me by going to a Maxima forum and talk trash.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:22 AM
Suzuka Master

If you want to compare timeslips....I have seen no N/A CL-S run 13s. Maximas have, they are proven faster end of story.
You come here acting as though you have some sort of extra knowledge yet I have never seen a post that expressed any real automotive ingenuity.

So you have gone to a road course, big whoop, so have some of the people here. But that alone doesn't give you some automotive insight. You want to run at a road course against a CL, then keep going and stop talking. Eventually you will run across one in your area and when done you can compare lap times.

I'm not willing to drive to Chicago for a track event nor, I assume, are you willing to drive to Atlanta to run at Road Atlanta. So I'll stop here about comparisons on track capability. As for running 13's, this is probably less than a month away for several here. This will not take anything away from our Maxima counterparts; I commend them for making the effort and achieving their goals. But as with TypeSKiller, you seem to talk too much about what others do and provide nothing your self.
Old 10-11-2002, 07:52 AM
Banned

I agree with TypeSkiller that a lot of people on this board arent very smart when it comes to other cars.

BTW.....When is anyone going to show me the superior handling of the CL-S? I wanna see one run at the track

What a dumbass.
Old 10-11-2002, 08:03 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
maximas are friggin UGH-LY!!
Old 10-11-2002, 08:39 AM

Yup, I've never lost to a maxima.

Its .3 liters more as far as displacement goes, plus, we OUTWEIGH it by 300lbs?!

Every MAX that I've ran hasn't even been close...Those mod's must work wonders for you guys.

You dumbfuck max owners act like your cars just KILL OURS!

A stock auto CL-S can hang with a STICK MAX! Get your head's outta your asses, kids.

Just a bunch of little bitches who like to run their mouths, and troll our board.

I'm shocked that someone has the audacity to come on here and say that NONE of us know ANYTHING about cars.

That deserves a bitch slap for your stupidity, ASSKILLER.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:21 AM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well if were going to compare penis size....my Bike will spank the SHIT out of your POS civic from a roll AND from a stop....
Want to try that while its raining??
Old 10-11-2002, 09:42 AM
Old timer

Old 10-11-2002, 09:43 AM
Old timer

Btw, whoever brings up a Bike Excuse in a car discussion automatically loses. Sorry TypeSKiller.
Old 10-11-2002, 09:51 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

This whole thread was pointless and needs to be closed. Modds where are you at? You were asking for flames when we were giving positive responses at first and this whole thread got out of hand "MY CAR IS BETTER THAN YOURS syndrome." Thats as bad as one us go to another forum and talk shit and then have signon names that are further insinuating the flames. Get a life. You come to acura-cl board and every thread, MAXIMIZED, has been negative towards the cls. IF you are coming here for information why not keep the trap shut and listen and post positive responses instead of so much negative BS. At first I was thinking you might have a grudge against cls owners. Maybe someone burned you, or you got flipped off by a cls driver but posting a thread like this and not expect any of the cls members to respond is :ghey: Then you bring the maxipad geeks over here talking negative $hit too. One more thing, if i remember correctly this is a forum. If anyone comes on here and ask a not so smart question about the cls (yeah he might get flamed by veteran members) but, it's all for information. I know alot about cars too, but by me coming here I learned alot more about my cls, if i had to ask stupid questions or not.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:08 AM
nothing

typeskiller, are you fucking stupid...a 75shot on a low 13s car will drop its time by a second alone...you add slicks and once again do the math...and your comparison about my dicks bigger and my friends dick is bigger made no since, its my car not my friends. who cares if the swap is or isnt original, how many maximas on your forum are supercharged or are spraying, does that mean theyre less original than the next guy...and saying the only thing you can do to beat me is bring your bike, that says enough about my car, its too fast for anything you could ever do to your max, so if you wanna run bikes ill bring my cr250r with a race ready fully built motor, which i just spent another 1300 on a couple months ago, cuz it definately has no problem running with 600's. (ran against a friends telefonica) imagine that a dirtbike as fast or faster than a sportbike.
Old 10-11-2002, 10:19 AM
I LOVE MY CAR

Wow... this thing got out of hand in a hurry.

I don't pretend to know about cars, a know a little, that's all I would ever post about. I know the Maxima is a quick 4 door sedan, and the CL-S is a fast coupe.

I also know that I have beaten Two auto Maxi's. The cars are auto so please don't tell me how to drive. I beat them by a decent amount so please don't say it's only because of my Intake, I was also running on shitty bald stock tires, so that would easily cancel out any small intake gains.

Both races were against friends so we tried multiple times.. off the line, from a roll, etc. I won each and every time.

All I'm saying here is that when you compare apples to apples (auto vs auto both N/A) I have beaten two different 2002 Maximas.

Dom
Old 10-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Congrats to the Max owners who ran 13s.

TypeSKiller, ok your name was a joke. For the sake of this community and as a geture of good will why not change it to something less inflammatory?