06 evolution vs cl 5at sc

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 05:24 AM
318whp/289wtq @ 6psi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually my TL is turboed if you need to know and yes I did.

...so the question is, can you beat one?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Instructor

hey guys thanks for all this rambling good kill to blk2001tl

to be honest i will run another one anytime if located in ny to see whats up

no joke though i tried to be nice at first but i RAPED that evo !!!!
Old 12-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadAcCLS
I never had a problem with an EVO having the mods I had on my CL, but if I do I always have 2 backups that will eat an EVO alive. Unfortunately, my CL is being returned to stock due to damaged parts in my accident and the insurance company's refusal to cover the "aftermarket parts", so I guess I'll have to deal with losing for a while until I decide to mod the CL again, or sell it for an M6.

what parts will you be umm selling off the cl? and i call dibs first =]
Old 12-19-2005, 06:21 PM
B8 S4

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2003type-s6
Not trying to hate...
Really??
Old 12-19-2005, 07:22 PM
Flap.

Originally Posted by blk2001tlon19s
Actually my TL is turboed if you need to know and yes I did.

...so the question is, can you beat one?

wasnt aware of your boosted state

and yes i can from a roll, no traction/poor launch would probably eat me from a dig
Old 12-19-2005, 07:57 PM
2015 RDX Base

Originally Posted by kevin79925
what parts will you be umm selling off the cl? and i call dibs first =]
I don't think you want any of the parts, if you read my thread about the accident you'll see why. The supercharger, headers, and intercooler were ruined in the crash.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Instructor

one thing i missed on these posts..... someone said a evo will outhandle my cl all hooked up..... on thing i can tell you is that driver experience has everything to do with how a car will handle and how to push it to the max....

people think my car is just a looker .... fact is i have out driven some seriously good handling vehicles i take pride in my abilities to have a 01 cl that will out handle a lot of great cars that are stick.....

and just cause she is preety doesnt mean i treat her that way i beat the sh!t out of all my vehicles in cludeing my cl

what good is a 06 evo awd if you cant outhandle a 01 cl (drivers error included)

one more thing--- dynos are the closest to accurate thing to measure hp tq..... when it comes the quarter though the number lie.... you have to think how they test.....optimal conditions and multiple runs...

fact is if you lauch bad in a street race you still LOSE ,,,, you miss a shift you still LOSE!

i raced a car 3 times in decent conditions that had 100 more hp then me easy ,i won 2 out of 3 times he had a much more powerful car but he still came out a LOSER!!

i was going around an s turn three years ago and some punk in a awd eclipse was riding my ass after he had proved his car was faster then mine.... i lost on the highway in my gsr... going through the second part of the turn he lost it hit the barrier and fliped.... there is no way my gsr should have out handled his eclipse so much that he would lose control ... but it happened and he almost died because of driver error and not knowing how to handle his car.....

MY ONLY POINT IS YOU SHOULD KNOW YOUR CAR AND YOUR OWN PERSONAL LIMITATIONS CAUSE IF YOU GET NEXT TO ME I ALLWAYS PUSH IT TO THE MAX>>>> REVIEWS ON CAR AND DRIVER MAY GIVE YOU SOMETHING TO BRAG ABOUT BUT UNTIL YOU PROVE IT YOURSELF ON THE STREET OR PREFEREBLY ON THE TRACK .....YOU HAVE NOTHING!!!!

"DONT TALK ABOUT IT BE ABOUT IT"
Old 12-22-2005, 12:29 AM
10th Gear

You guys are funny.

Honestly, if I had an Acura and I beat an EVO I'd be telling all my friends too. Even if I had a 350whp turbo Integra Type R like my friend I would still be bragging about it. That is because beating an EVO is a milestone., just like beating an STI, a 911TT, a Corvette Z-06 or a Viper (I've beat them all).

I respect the original poster for admitting that the drivers involved at least played a partial roll in the outcome. A stupercharged CL with an automatic tranny does not have any advantage over a turbo car with a manual. It takes about the same amount of time for the auto to downshift and get into it's powerband as it does for the EVO turbo to spool up (if you have the RPMs above 4000 it is almost instantaneous). If you switched cars you probably would have still beat him with his own car.

Now for those of you who seem to think that the CL is any type of performance car - I laugh in your general direction. Sure, you can make some decent mid-level power with it, but that's where the performance stops.

The EVO can make 500WHP reliably on the stock bottom end, 800 WHP on a built bottom end - all from 2.0 liters and 4 cylinders. It can run 9's in the 1/4, hold the course record at Tsubaka, win an autocross national championship, win a WRC championship, and haul your wife and 3 kids to the family therapist with a trunk full of groceries. Of course one single setup can't do all of those, but this is what a single car can do (with a very limited budget):

Power wise my EVO has only intake, exhaust a boost controller, ecu and tunign done. It has the stock engine, stock turbo, stock intake manifold, stock exhaust manifold, leather Recaro racing seats, makes a conservative 380whp, runs 11.9@119mph in the 1/4, won 2 regional auto-x championships, and you can throw on a set of snow tires and cruise at 90mph on the freeway in a Michigan blizzard while everyone else is in the slow lane doing 35. I run 285/30/18 tires on 18x10 wheels on ALL FOUR CORNERS. With some decent tires (I use the Falken Azenis RT-615) you can corner so hard that people who have not yet experienced these forces will poop themselves, or at least scream and cry for it to stop and then hit you after its over.

There has never been a car released in the United States that can rival the EVO for all-around performance potential. The only car that may beat it is the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, but it never made it here to the States.

If you ever challenge an EVO with a competent driver be sure to let me know what his license plate says.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-22-2005, 01:27 AM
now with 7 gears

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by acura=hondaindisguise
You guys are funny.
And you are retarded for not getting the POINT of the entire posting. The point of the post is that a nearly stock EVO lost a race to another car. It happens.

There's always something out there that's faster than what you have.

No one is saying your car doesn't have any potential, everyone and their mom already knows that, so why don't you just grow the up and drive your riceboy's wet dream on Blizzaks at 90mph back into the woods, troll.

Oh, and it's Tsukuba by the way, not Tsubakakakaka.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:09 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont think an EVO with those mods can take on a Z06. Are you sure he was trying? 911TT are hella fast too...
Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 AM
Adventurist.

Received 58 Likes on 22 Posts
You guys are funny.

Honestly, if I had an Acura and I beat an EVO I'd be telling all my friends too. Even if I had a 350whp turbo Integra Type R like my friend I would still be bragging about it. That is because beating an EVO is a milestone., just like beating an STI, a 911TT, a Corvette Z-06 or a Viper (I've beat them all).

I respect the original poster for admitting that the drivers involved at least played a partial roll in the outcome. A stupercharged CL with an automatic tranny does not have any advantage over a turbo car with a manual. It takes about the same amount of time for the auto to downshift and get into it's powerband as it does for the EVO turbo to spool up (if you have the RPMs above 4000 it is almost instantaneous). If you switched cars you probably would have still beat him with his own car.

Now for those of you who seem to think that the CL is any type of performance car - I laugh in your general direction. Sure, you can make some decent mid-level power with it, but that's where the performance stops.

The EVO can make 500WHP reliably on the stock bottom end, 800 WHP on a built bottom end - all from 2.0 liters and 4 cylinders. It can run 9's in the 1/4, hold the course record at Tsubaka, win an autocross national championship, win a WRC championship, and haul your wife and 3 kids to the family therapist with a trunk full of groceries. Of course one single setup can't do all of those, but this is what a single car can do (with a very limited budget):

Power wise my EVO has only intake, exhaust a boost controller, ecu and tunign done. It has the stock engine, stock turbo, stock intake manifold, stock exhaust manifold, leather Recaro racing seats, makes a conservative 380whp, runs 11.9@119mph in the 1/4, won 2 regional auto-x championships, and you can throw on a set of snow tires and cruise at 90mph on the freeway in a Michigan blizzard while everyone else is in the slow lane doing 35. I run 285/30/18 tires on 18x10 wheels on ALL FOUR CORNERS. With some decent tires (I use the Falken Azenis RT-615) you can corner so hard that people who have not yet experienced these forces will poop themselves, or at least scream and cry for it to stop and then hit you after its over.

There has never been a car released in the United States that can rival the EVO for all-around performance potential. The only car that may beat it is the Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R, but it never made it here to the States.

If you ever challenge an EVO with a competent driver be sure to let me know what his license plate says.

EVOlutionary
Great first post... awesome way to introduce yourself as an ass who doesn't read the thread before replying first....

And WTF is up with EVOlutionary? That's about as cheesy as it gets....
Old 12-22-2005, 03:42 AM
Pro

The EVO can make 500WHP reliably on the stock bottom end, 800 WHP on a built bottom end - all from 2.0 liters and 4 cylinders.

Power wise my EVO has only intake, exhaust a boost controller, ecu and tunign done. It has the stock engine, stock turbo, stock intake manifold, stock exhaust manifold,...... makes a conservative 380whp, runs 11.9@119mph in the 1/4

What a Bullshit bragging 1st post, troll.
First, I know someone who only has 335whp with the following mods:

* RNR 3" Stainless Steel o2 Housing (2000° JetHot coated)
* RNR 3" Stainless Steel Downpipe
* RNR 3" Stainless Steel Test Pipe
* RNR 3" Stainless Steel Cat-back Piping
* HKS Carbon-Ti Muffler
* HKS 272° Intake Camshaft
* HKS 272° Exhaust Camshaft
* Injen Intake
* HKS Super Sequential Blow-off Valve
* HKS SSQ BOV Recirculation Kit
* TurboXS Front Mount Intercooler
* ARP Headstuds
* NGK BPR7ES Spark Plugs
* Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
* KOYO Polished Aluminum Radiator
* Hallman Manual Boost Controller
* TurboTrix Custom Lower Intercooler Piping
* Vibrant Performance Hoses (intercooler)
* SAMCO Silicone Radiator Hoses (red)
* Injen Upper Intercooler Piping
* TurboTrix ECU Reflash
* Authority 2-Piece Brass Under-hood Shifter Bushings
* GREDDY Full-Auto Turbo Timer
* CEL Fix (o2 spacer)
* FORGE Motorsport Polished Exhaust Manifold Cover
* ARC Polished Stainless Steel/Titanium Spark Plug Cover
* ARC 1.5Bar Polished Radiator Cap

And you telling me you have 380whp with your intake, exhaust, ecu flash and boost controller?
Thus, you're not running 11.9 you wish you do

Second, stock EVO bottom end will KABOOM with 500whp. If you think not, prove me wrong .I'm sure your stock pistons/ rods will find a way out of your stock block even before 500whp.

Finally, this thread become ridiculous with you EVO owners coming here and telling us (like we don't know) regarding the EVO potential which has nothing to do with this thread, mkay?

The thread starter destroyed THAT Evo with his blown CL-S while rolling, end of story. I said before, you have to do some nasty shit with your clutch to run fast 1/4 thanks to AWD, you won't get far with normal 1500rpm launch
And while rolling, watch out for blown CL-S
Old 12-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Instructor

i did like his acura zine name though acura = honda in disguise

I LOVE HONDAS

PROPS TO AV6ENT FOR CALLING HIM OUT !! I WAS TRYING TO FIND A WAY OF BELIVEING HIM WHILE I READ HIS POST BUT I FIGURED IT TO BE BULLSHEVICK
Old 12-22-2005, 11:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
We know about our cars, they are "luxury" coupes. Evos are full on performance cars, they are fast but got no comfort. We got a little bit of both worlds and can keep up with your car with an SC.
You might say its only because of the SC that we can keep up, but if you think about it the EVO has FI too and its a lancer without it...
Old 12-22-2005, 04:37 PM
2015 RDX Base

You guys are funny.

EVOlutionary
A milestone, you make it seem as though the EVO is an untouchable super car. It’s nothing but a glorified Lancer. I must add, those Recaro racing seats must bring some serious power to the table. What kind of numbers can we expect from the addition of those? I don’t normally take part in the immature arguments amongst board trolls, but I found this one quite amusing. You ran an 11.9 in the 1/4, well next time you find yourself in Illinois be sure to give me a heads up, and weather allowing I will bring out a real V12 “super car” that will run in the 11’s, or some real american muscle that with some traction is capable of 9's, and we’ll see how well your EVO does.

P.S. - I noticed you didnt add where you're from.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:48 PM
2015 RDX Base

You guys are funny.

EVOlutionary
One more thing I found QUITE amusing is the snow tire comment. I will pay to watch you "cruise" at 90mph, in a blizzard, on 285/30/18's. You do realize the wider the tire you use, the worse your snow traction will be. I can't see anyone doing 45-50 let alone 90mph in the snow, thats a guaranteed accident or worse and is just plain stupid.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
Racer

A milestone, you make it seem as though the EVO is an untouchable super car. It’s nothing but a glorified Lancer. I must add, those Recaro racing seats must bring some serious power to the table. What kind of numbers can we expect from the addition of those? I don’t normally take part in the immature arguments amongst board trolls, but I found this one quite amusing. You ran an 11.9 in the 1/4, well next time you find yourself in Illinois be sure to give me a heads up, and weather allowing I will bring out a real V12 “super car” that will run in the 11’s, or some real american muscle that with some traction is capable of 9's, and we’ll see how well your EVO does.

Hey what kinda 600 do you have and do you have pics???
Old 12-23-2005, 12:15 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Viscous
. . . drive your riceboy's wet dream on Blizzaks at 90mph back into the woods, troll.

Oh, and it's Tsukuba by the way, not Tsubakakakaka.

Actually I use Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi's. And thanks for the spelling lesson. Tsubaka, Chubaka, close enough. At least you know what I was talking about.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 12:26 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by juruki
I dont think an EVO with those mods can take on a Z06. Are you sure he was trying? 911TT are hella fast too...
Yes, he was trying. Z06 (not the '06) has 385-405BHP, which is around 350 - 360 WHP. 911TT has 415bhp, which with AWD losses is about 340-360whp.

My car does make 380whp and runs 11's. Anyone can post up your email address and I will send you the dyno graph with my name on it and also my time slip. It is not that amazing. Pretty normal numbers for an EVO.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 12:32 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
Great first post... awesome way to introduce yourself as an ass who doesn't read the thread before replying first....

And WTF is up with EVOlutionary? That's about as cheesy as it gets....
Man, this is getting fun!

I was not introducing myself.

I read every single post. You, sir, seem to not have read my post. I gave respect to the original poster. He was honest in admitting that HE beat the evo DRIVER. That's cool.

And EVOlutionary is my name on every forum I am on. I own an EVO and I believe in evolution. Pretty simple. Maybe you need to lay off the cough syrup, or switch to Robitussin.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 12:42 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by av6ent
First, I know someone who only has 335whp with the following mods:

. . .

And you telling me you have 380whp with your intake, exhaust, ecu flash and boost controller?

Thus, you're not running 11.9 you wish you do

Second, stock EVO bottom end will KABOOM with 500whp. If you think not, prove me wrong .I'm sure your stock pistons/ rods will find a way out of your stock block even before 500whp.

. . . I said before, you have to do some nasty shit with your clutch to run fast 1/4 thanks to AWD, you won't get far with normal 1500rpm launch

So he has a flash and is probably running pump gas. That is actually the exact same power my car makes on pump gas. When I race I use my race gas map = 380hp. I never said I had stock ECU. I have an EMS.

PM me your email address and I will send you my timeslip.

As far as the HP vs bottom end argument, I won't even comment. Do your own research, I don't need to do it for you.

And the only people who launch at 1500 rpm do so because they are traction limited. Launching an AWD car is not rocket science. The stock EVO clutch is known for being easy to destroy, yet there are people who have over 100 12 second passes on the stock clutch. It's just knowing how to drive your car properly.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 12:46 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by juruki
We know about our cars, they are "luxury" coupes. Evos are full on performance cars, they are fast but got no comfort. We got a little bit of both worlds and can keep up with your car with an SC.
You might say its only because of the SC that we can keep up, but if you think about it the EVO has FI too and its a lancer without it...

I agree with you 100%! Ain't that the truth. That's what the Subaru guys keep hitting us with. The EVO is based on a $13,000 car while the STI is based on a $17,000 car. It is a tradeoff for sure.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 01:00 AM
10th Gear

. . . I must add, those Recaro racing seats must bring some serious power to the table. What kind of numbers can we expect from the addition of those? . . . You ran an 11.9 in the 1/4, well next time you find yourself in Illinois be sure to give me a heads up, and weather allowing I will bring out a real V12 “super car” that will run in the 11’s, or some real american muscle that with some traction is capable of 9's, and we’ll see how well your EVO does.

. . . One more thing I found QUITE amusing is the snow tire comment. I will pay to watch you "cruise" at 90mph, in a blizzard, on 285/30/18's. You do realize the wider the tire you use, the worse your snow traction will be. I can't see anyone doing 45-50 let alone 90mph in the snow, thats a guaranteed accident or worse and is just plain stupid.

Location updated. Sorry I was in a hurry to bust some balls. j/k

Actually with the Recaro seat statement I was pointing out that it does have a little touch of class. BTW, the seats retail for over $2000 each.

I will be at a few races at Grattan in Kalamazoo MI this summer. You are welcome to come out. It is about 3 hours from me, shouldn't be much more than that from the Chicago area.

And the traction and weather lines are so funny! That is the whole point of having AWD. Dry, wet, snow, ice, gravel - it's all good. Sorry your car only works on dry roads.

Actually I run the stock size on the stock Enkei wheels for winter tires. 235/45/17. The big tires are for the summer. Sorry you haven't experience a great AWD car in the snow. Don't hate what you don't understand.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 03:46 AM
Safety Car

HOLY MULTIPLE POST BATMAN!!!

But seriously, it's nice that you replied in a fairly reasonable manner. Slight hint of "I laugh at you" sarcasm in there though, and that was in yoru original post too which is probably why you got the replies you did.

I am going to have to agree that going 90 mph on a freeway in a blizzard in any car is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. AWD means the car has great traction for accelerating. However it decelerates just like any car. If you have to stop suddenly going 90, and you start sliding at least you'll be able to determine which part of the ditch you crash your car into. :P
Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ghost_masterCL
HOLY MULTIPLE POST BATMAN!!!

But seriously, it's nice that you replied in a fairly reasonable manner. Slight hint of "I laugh at you" sarcasm in there though, and that was in yoru original post too which is probably why you got the replies you did.

I am going to have to agree that going 90 mph on a freeway in a blizzard in any car is the stupidest thing I have ever heard of. AWD means the car has great traction for accelerating. However it decelerates just like any car. If you have to stop suddenly going 90, and you start sliding at least you'll be able to determine which part of the ditch you crash your car into. :P
Sorry, I got a little carried away. I didn't want anyone to feel left out. I don't mind about the replies I got. I kind of expected them. The "I laugh in your general direction" thing was a reference to a quote in a movie I like. It was more blunt that I intended to be, but I wanted to see if anyone picked up the reference.

After re-reading my post I agree that 90 in a blizzard is stretching it. I guess I was going for the dramatic impact. In a blizzard you usually have very low visibility, so speeds would be lower. On a clear day on a snow covered road - well that's a different story. When you can see ahead and when traffic is light you will not have to stop suddenly. A car will not spin out just from going fast on low traction conditions. You need an outside force, whether it is quick accelleration or decelleration, quick sterring input or hitting a big drift that pulls your car. All of these can be avoided. Also, the EVO and probably most other AWD car do not decelerate like FWD or RWD cars in limited traction circumstances. When you let off the throttle the engine compression braking forces are distributed to all 4 wheels.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah

EVOlutionary
Old 12-23-2005, 11:03 AM
Advanced

These posts are quite funny. The recaro seats for a touch of class. I guess that's one good thing with Acura...it's touched with a lot of class (stock).. Sure, its not the fastest car on the road, but s/c'ed with all the mods possible make it pretty damn fast for a LUXURY car. I am glad an EVO is so damn fast and all the mods it is capable of. I still wouldn't trade my Acura in for an EVO any day. Good luck with your EVO, I'll just sit back in my nice comfortable luxury coupe and blow away cars that i am faster than.....hey maybe it will be an EVO with a shitty driver. Oh, and I took my CL up to Pennslyvania last year and it snowed pretty hard (no blizzard) though, but I had no complants in my cl. Also, I don't think I'm to worried about how fast my car goes in the snow. I just want to get from point a to point b safely. But that's just me.
Old 12-23-2005, 06:46 PM
Safety Car

Sorry, I got a little carried away. I didn't want anyone to feel left out. I don't mind about the replies I got. I kind of expected them. The "I laugh in your general direction" thing was a reference to a quote in a movie I like. It was more blunt that I intended to be, but I wanted to see if anyone picked up the reference.

After re-reading my post I agree that 90 in a blizzard is stretching it. I guess I was going for the dramatic impact. In a blizzard you usually have very low visibility, so speeds would be lower. On a clear day on a snow covered road - well that's a different story. When you can see ahead and when traffic is light you will not have to stop suddenly. A car will not spin out just from going fast on low traction conditions. You need an outside force, whether it is quick accelleration or decelleration, quick sterring input or hitting a big drift that pulls your car. All of these can be avoided. Also, the EVO and probably most other AWD car do not decelerate like FWD or RWD cars in limited traction circumstances. When you let off the throttle the engine compression braking forces are distributed to all 4 wheels.

Everyone have a Merry Christmas and a Happy Hanukkah

EVOlutionary
At least I know you aren't completely crazy, and don't take everything personally. I personally wouldn't mind having an evo, but not for a daily driver. I like my acura for crusing. I'ts not a fast "sports car", but it certainly keeps me confortable.

There are advantages to each car, so congrats to you for having a fast car, and congrats to the owner of the SC'ed CLS for beating that stock evo.

That's politically incorect to wish a merry christmas or happy hanukkah, it's just plain old happy holidy's now.

Old 12-24-2005, 01:09 AM

Run what you brung. Good kill !
Old 12-24-2005, 12:30 PM
10th Gear

. . . That's politically incorect to wish a merry christmas or happy hanukkah, it's just plain old happy holidy's now.

Did you have a happy Festivus? It was yesterday, the 23rd.

I don't agree with all this holiday PC b.s. the country has gotten wrapped up in over the past few years. I celebrate Christmas, but if someone wants to wish me a Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Winter Solstice I would just be thankful for the gesture of good will. How can people be offended by others' kindness? Doesn't make sense to me.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-24-2005, 02:22 PM
o1s
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm going to slap the next person i hear call a christmas tree a "holiday tree."
Old 12-24-2005, 05:43 PM
EVO IX MR

I personally wouldn't mind having an evo, but not for a daily driver. :
I dont feel the bumps any worse than my CL when it was lowered, and it handles better,so.......it's not like its an F1 car 3 millimeteres off the ground or anything,........you can cruise in it too, just stay out of the boost.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Safety Car

Did you have a happy Festivus? It was yesterday, the 23rd.

I don't agree with all this holiday PC b.s. the country has gotten wrapped up in over the past few years. I celebrate Christmas, but if someone wants to wish me a Happy Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Winter Solstice I would just be thankful for the gesture of good will. How can people be offended by others' kindness? Doesn't make sense to me.

EVOlutionary
haha, yeah I agree. I hate all that PC bs. I always appreciate the wishings of happy times during the holidy season regardless of how it's done.
Old 12-24-2005, 06:06 PM
2015 RDX Base

Location updated. Sorry I was in a hurry to bust some balls. j/k

Actually with the Recaro seat statement I was pointing out that it does have a little touch of class. BTW, the seats retail for over $2000 each.

I will be at a few races at Grattan in Kalamazoo MI this summer. You are welcome to come out. It is about 3 hours from me, shouldn't be much more than that from the Chicago area.

And the traction and weather lines are so funny! That is the whole point of having AWD. Dry, wet, snow, ice, gravel - it's all good. Sorry your car only works on dry roads.

Actually I run the stock size on the stock Enkei wheels for winter tires. 235/45/17. The big tires are for the summer. Sorry you haven't experience a great AWD car in the snow. Don't hate what you don't understand.

EVOlutionary
Don't hate what I don't understand? I deal with cars all day long as I manage the family chain of dealerships as well as a yacht store. I deal with Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, Mercedes, etc... As well as owning a '91 Celica All-Trac (AWD if you don't know that already) fully built 2.0 3SGTE w/upgraded turbo, etc.. I ran a 12.7 at best and that was after letting out the clutch at 5.5k rpm. Lauching is what killed my tranny in that car.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:07 PM
10th Gear

^ I stand corrected. I would love to have a Celica All-Trac. You don't see too many of 'em around.

EVOlutionary
Old 12-26-2005, 11:05 PM
2015 RDX Base

Originally Posted by peakpowermotoring
Hey what kinda 600 do you have and do you have pics???
Sorry "peak" I just noticed your post.. It's a SL65 and yes I do have pics, PM me.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:17 AM
THE J35A2...

EVOlutionary, I'm just curious... does evo 9 MR got airconditioning?
Old 12-30-2005, 10:22 AM
EVO IX MR

Originally Posted by SIRSIG
EVOlutionary, I'm just curious... does evo 9 MR got airconditioning?
Yes it has AC. The MR doesnt have cruise control, sunroof, heated seats, power seats, or multiple disc changer.
Old 12-31-2005, 01:07 PM
10th Gear

^ That is all true.

You have to actually think about how fast you want to go.

The sunroofs on the EVO suck. I have one, wish I didn't. The air flow properties of the car with the sunroof open leave much to be disired. Plus, when you have spine crushingly stiff suspension for National level autocross competion the sunroof starts to squeek and make various annoying noised.

No heated seats. I think the only place you will find heated Recaro or Sparco racing seats standard on a car would be the Ferrari showroom. Let me know if I am wrong.

I don't think there is any car that has power adjustable Recaro/Sparco/Bride racing seats. Not even custom jobs.

Multiple disc changer - no. Honestly, who sticks with the factory head unit, speakers, etc. I have never seen a car with a factory system than can come close to a mid-level aftermarket unit. Either you car about music in your car or you don't. If you don't care, then you don't need a CD changer. If you do care, then you need something better than stock.

Just my $0.02

EVOlutionary
Old 12-31-2005, 03:27 PM
EVO IX MR

^ That is all true.

You have to actually think about how fast you want to go.

The sunroofs on the EVO suck. I have one, wish I didn't. The air flow properties of the car with the sunroof open leave much to be disired. Plus, when you have spine crushingly stiff suspension for National level autocross competion the sunroof starts to squeek and make various annoying noised.

No heated seats. I think the only place you will find heated Recaro or Sparco racing seats standard on a car would be the Ferrari showroom. Let me know if I am wrong.

I don't think there is any car that has power adjustable Recaro/Sparco/Bride racing seats. Not even custom jobs.

Multiple disc changer - no. Honestly, who sticks with the factory head unit, speakers, etc. I have never seen a car with a factory system than can come close to a mid-level aftermarket unit. Either you car about music in your car or you don't. If you don't care, then you don't need a CD changer. If you do care, then you need something better than stock.

Just my $0.02

EVOlutionary
You know , the biggest thing I miss besides the 6 disc changer is the trunk open button for the key fob............Other than that I do not regret for a single second the trade .
Old 01-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Racer

hmmm.. maybe ^^^ needs to find himself a new forum that has owners of evo's now... u can have the rattletraps... beat me or not.. The cls is just a better car period..

Quick Reply: 06 evolution vs cl 5at sc