03 cls p2r tb spacer owners question..

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 06:25 AM
6speed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 cls p2r tb spacer owners question..

I put in my tb spacer in today and after about 5 minutes of starting my car my revs started going up and down. I was wondering if this was normal or if this was my IACV. Once i turned off my car and turned it back on the idle was normal. But it eventually came back. Also while driving my rpms would idle about 1k instead of right below it. any suggestions before i take it too the dealer and fork out more cash...or just plain out take it off. i know there is a thread in the 2nd gen info section but it doesnt really explain if its normal or not...

OH and also i was pissed off to find out that my injen cai that i ordered a while ago doesnt fit my cl. It is too short. I would need like 10 more tb spacers for it to fit comfortably doesnt injen make a cai for the 03 cls6? damn store i bought it from lied to me!
Old 03-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Not Asian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like a possible vacuum leak.
Old 03-01-2008, 08:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
make sure u tightened everything correctly and put all of the sensors back in correctly...that could cause a vaccuum leak
Old 03-01-2008, 08:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 194 Likes on 151 Posts
as for the intake go buy some str8 3" aluminum pipe and add it to the intake wit rubber couplings
Old 03-01-2008, 11:24 PM
6speed

yeah i guess im going to a muffler shop sometime next week to get 4-6 more inches of straight aluminum piping so i can throw the cai on there since none of the hardware stores in the area carry aluminum piping.

as far as the throttle body spacer goes...the revs going up and down stopped, but now my rpms are higher than usual. I feel like im shifting earlier now cause i usually shift on or around 2k rpms but the speed im going when i shift is a few mph lower now if that makes any sense...im going to try to figure out if any of my vacuum hoses are loose or torn. If i cant figure it out then i think im just going to ttake the spacer out

one hose i actually had a problem with is the coolant line...err i think its the coolant line. its the one that comes from the valve cover it feels like metal and is 2 piecest. one part coming from the throttle body to what looks like the thermostat and one metal piece coming from the intake tube to the valve cover. haha i sound like an idiot now. but anyways how could i seperate or replace these 2 hoses? could i just replace the hose coming from the throttle body and connect it directly to the thermostat or does it have to run with the metal part?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 624 Likes on 478 Posts
Make sure you put the plug in the bottom of the TB spacer and put teflon on it also.

Injen doesn't make a CAI for the CL-S M/T. You would have to get either AEM or Comptech or extend the Injen. Or return the Injen to the shop since they told you it fit and it doesn't.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
6speed

Originally Posted by Excelerate
Make sure you put the plug in the bottom of the TB spacer and put teflon on it also.

Injen doesn't make a CAI for the CL-S M/T. You would have to get either AEM or Comptech or extend the Injen. Or return the Injen to the shop since they told you it fit and it doesn't.

thanks i put the little plug in before the install. didnt put teflon on it though. probably gonna have to run and get some. would some of the vacuum lines being pulled have an effect on my rpms? cause they still feel a little bit higher than normal.

yeah im thinking i want to extend the injen. hopefully it wont look too tacky sincen my injen is black. maybe ill powercoat it black or something
Old 03-04-2008, 01:25 PM
6speed

i think i found a loose hose but i cant get it to stay in the intake tube. its the metal hose/tube in the front of the intake. since i put the tb spacer in it wont go in all the way and eventually pops out. any suggestions on a fix? would extending it with extra vacuum hose work? where can i get a male to male adapter so it can fit? this will only be temporary until i can fix my cai problem. thanks for any input!
Old 03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Just get a new piece of tubing the correct length. Pull it off and go to any auto parts store to match the inside diameter.
Old 03-05-2008, 12:33 PM
666 Speed

Someone has recent pics of my car's intake here. I know so. I dont have recent ones but this is how mine was when I got it.

As of right now, its polished up to a mirror shine and it looks great... The coupling there has the Injen symbol on it (it was on bottom in this pic) so I spun it around and fixed it. Also, the Injen sticker is off and a nice metal one is on it now making it look a lot more attractive...

Art
Old 03-06-2008, 02:02 PM
6speed

[IMG][/IMG]

well this is what i was guess as to where the vacuum leak was. So i just took it to a shop and said tape it up for a temp fix. so i used electrical tape and went out and bought some plastic tubing from some shop until my aluminum tubing comes in.

[IMG][/IMG]

this is what it looks like put together...

i connected all the vacuum hoses tight. I took the hose coming down from the throttle body and connected it directly to the thermostat housing as well (i think i was worried about that hose the most) and it looks fine. The rpms are still a little higher. Would the extra air from the throttle body spacer cause teh small increase in the rpms??? im just paranoid
Old 03-10-2008, 01:52 AM
6speed

k im pretty sure i figured out the problem and i dont think it had anything to do with the spacer at all. When i put in the spacer i put in my new kaixen bulbs at the same time so i disconnected the battery...i was just searching a couple of unrelated threads and found out that your supposed to let the car run for 10 min or so WITHOUT touching the gas haha. Me being the impatient person that i am just reconnected everything and didnt wait so i just disconnected and reconnected my battery again and let my engine run for 10 min and everything works fine now. so both of my products from excelerate work perfectly so everyone should buy buy buy from excelerate thanks to everyone who gave thier input
Old 03-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Instructor

so how does the car feel wit the Spacer now?
Old 03-12-2008, 05:26 AM
6speed

Originally Posted by TRINI-2-DE-BONE
so how does the car feel wit the Spacer now?
well i feel a little more power when it comes to acceleration/response, but then again i put the intake in around the same time so i cant isolate the spacer specifically. when i had just the spacer my rpms were all funky from me not letting the ecu map itself (or whatever it does ) but all in all im happy with it.