02' CL S v.s. 01' Prelude

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joshimoto
ATTS has nothing to do with the wheels spining, ATTS puts the power to the outside wheel in a corner and also pulses the opisite rear brake, If you beat this prelude I highly doubt that she was racing you or if she was I have a hard time beliving it was a 5speed and not auto witch are 2 verry diferent. If you beat it it was most likely auto.

A vehicle's wheels rotate at different speeds, especially when turning corners. The differential is designed to drive a pair of wheels with equal force, while allowing them to rotate at different speeds. In vehicles without a differential, such as karts, both driving wheels are forced to rotate at the same speed, usually on a common axle driven by a simple chain-drive mechanism. When cornering, the inner wheel travels a shorter distance than the outer wheel, resulting in the inner wheel spinning and/or the outer wheel dragging. This results in difficult and unpredictable handling, damage to tires and roads and strain on the entire drive train.

The USDM fifth-generation Preludes also saw enhancements in the engine, with the full line now offering VTEC H22A4 engines, an evolution of the H22A1 with higher flowing heads, making 195 hp (198 PS, 143 kW) @ 7000 rpm and 156 lb·ft (212 Nm) @ 5250 rpm from 1997 to 1999, and the same torque readings with 200 hp (203 PS, 147 kW) @ 7000 rpm from 1999 to 2001 with a compression ratio of 10.0:1. The USDM fifth-generation had a Type SH ("Super-Handling") trim which featured the active torque transfer system (ATTS)
and, along with the 5-speed base model, shared the exact same gearing from the Type S and SiR-S spec trims in Japan (in which the Type SH transmission is the exact same as the Type S.) This system allowed Honda to overcome the limitations of front wheel drive somewhat, and in 1997, Car and Driver named the Prelude Type SH the "best-handling car under $30,000."

2001 Honda Prelude type SH.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:48 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
look who's talking about "Moderation".... maybe you should moderate your driving so you car will live longer? 260HP engine is a lot harder on driveline components than a measly 150HP one and it is a known fact that the auto cannot withstand heavy repeated abuse.

For somebody that isn't paying my damn car note you sure do cry alot about a car you don't own. Since you're so concerned about my car why don't you give me your physical address so I can give it to my auto finance company and you can take up my payments.

It doesn't matter whether it's 150hp, 260hp or 500hp - The transmission in my CL2.2 failed under a "measly" 150hp - if there's a flaw in the transmission it's going to eventually fail whether its at 120,000 miles or 220,000 miles. Last time I checked I don't see Honda/Acura rescending the deal they're offering as a result of the class action lawsuit and my car is eligible for the replacement. It's a car not one of my vital organs. If the tranny fails it FAILS - end of story.
Old 12-30-2006, 01:59 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i like your stories. very thorough and exciting
Old 12-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by horsepowercrzy18
Thanks for the compliment. I know there are more people on this site that like street encounters than the ones that chastize the encounters. They just don't want to get mixed up in pointless arguments.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by USURPER
Here's what cracks me up even more: The fact that this dude is more concerned about a damn car than the fine ass chick that was driving it. Let's grow up and be serious okay? I may like cars but I like fine ass women more. I was too busy checking out that sexy smile to give a fuck about the car.
Dont give me that shit that I care more about the car then the chick because for 1, I can fuckin care less if you fuckin race Jessica Beal and for 2, your shit doesnt make sense.
Old 12-30-2006, 05:40 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by UNCTYPE-S
Dont give me that shit that I care more about the car then the chick because for 1, I can fuckin care less if you fuckin race Jessica Beal and for 2, your shit doesnt make sense.

Am I supposed to be afraid of you now from behind your keyboard because you know how to type curse words? Wait, wait.....I get it. I'm supposed to respond to you with BIG, BOLD CURSE WORDS to prove my manhood. Get the fuck outta here and go play Dungeons and Dragons with your dork friends.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:23 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
haha, keep posting your fake stories all night. God knows you have nothing better to do. But keep telling yourself the're real and we'll just go along with it just for you ok? what a joke.

To prove you're a troll anyways, you dont post in any other section, you keep posting these retarded, but amusingly written stories, and you prob get all excited to come here and post your 3 racing stories a day, which in turn, no one really cares in the first place. Keep it up bro.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:47 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by horsepowercrzy18
I like my stories too. But what really cracks me up is how diligently one or two people want to make my encounters out to be exaggerated or lies. It would be okay if I posted my encounters in a modest way - kept them short, mundane, laden with apologetic passive comments, and filled with acronyms and abbreviations like CAI and E/F/I and all those other forms of butchery of the english language but that's not my style.

Sometimes I feel like sprucing up my encounters and sometimes I just tell it how it happened. More to come in the near future.