'01 Going to Hell in a Hand-Basket

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2002, 01:25 PM
TRELOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 Going to Hell in a Hand-Basket

I am now making time in my schedule to take my car in for a new tranny. Along with organizing my schedule I am writing a list of things that are wrong with my car. And not just the BS of the squeeking of the sunroof:

1. Tranny
2. Brakes
3. Power steering leak
4. Drives heated seats (Crap) goes high then shuts off for 15 minutes. No this is not normal, I remember how it used to be when it worked RIGHT.
5. Heater doesn't work, and yes the car was at full operating temp.
6. The rear view mirror doesn't tint anymore in nighttime traffic.
7. REAL Anoying rattle somming from the rear deck.
8. Hard starts all the time, cold or hot, possibly the fuel pump going out. There is a slight whine in the area of back of the car.
9. Wiper Motor are WEAK. I have to have the thing on HIGH just in a light shower.
10. Passenger side headlight goes out sometimes???

But thats all I could come up with for the time being. But I have a big feeling that I will find more on my drive back home .

Tnx God I am still under warranty, but still .

Juker008
Old 11-13-2002, 01:28 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Hey Juker, at least you're still under warranty. Give them the car for a few days and they'll give you a loaner. Might as well get the car fixed before it goes out of warranty.
Old 11-13-2002, 01:37 PM
TRELOS

Loaner . The last time I brought in my car in to the dealer they didn't have any loaners. All the pervious CLS onwers who needed new trannies beat me too it.

Loaner...I ended up renting a GEO METRO!!! U know that thing is only 3 cylinders. Acura only gave me $10 to rent a car from Enterprise. And the Enterprise around the dealer area only had Metros, so I said FK no to that knowing that there is another Enterprise in my area. So I call in to the one near by me and what was the only thing that they had.............. A Geo Metro. So I said FK it I only have to drive the thing for a day. So I got the Metro for a day.......and WOW the fuel economy was great.

Juker008
Old 11-13-2002, 02:14 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by Juker008
Loaner . The last time I brought in my car in to the dealer they didn't have any loaners. All the pervious CLS onwers who needed new trannies beat me too it.

Loaner...I ended up renting a GEO METRO!!! U know that thing is only 3 cylinders. Acura only gave me $10 to rent a car from Enterprise. And the Enterprise around the dealer area only had Metros, so I said FK no to that knowing that there is another Enterprise in my area. So I call in to the one near by me and what was the only thing that they had.............. A Geo Metro. So I said FK it I only have to drive the thing for a day. So I got the Metro for a day.......and WOW the fuel economy was great.

Juker008
By the way, down here it's called a Metro-Shitro. Give them enough notice. Tell them the last time, you got screwed. If you bitch, they'll take care of you. If you "pussy" out, you'll get nothing.
Old 11-13-2002, 02:23 PM
Burning Brakes

i called my dealer today and asked for a loaner tomorrow, they said all gone, we will rent a car for you

you must insist they rent a car for you, not the other way around
Old 11-13-2002, 02:36 PM
Three Wheelin'

Sucks dude! You mean you really use your heated seats? I wonder if mine even works I used them 2 times last december when I drove to NYC.
Old 11-15-2002, 10:24 AM
TRELOS

U know I've talked to a couple of people that I know who own CLS+TLS. And they all agree on the same thing. ACURA FKIN SUCKS. The rattleing seems to be the biggest piss-off that everyone seems to rank #1, above the tranny which all agreed #2. I can see why because its always there.

But like some people I am stuck. To trade in the car I am almost goign to lose 50% of the purchase price. And then the other bitch is tring to find a car that has the same inemities that this car comes with for the same price. I don't think that there is. I've looked into BMW but for me to get one with what my car has in options I am going to pay $43K at least.

But I don't know. I love my car but FKin hate Acura quality. The options that came with my care are great. If they would just work for once.

I was thinking of trading in my car and leasing a '03MT for a year untill the '04s come out. I heard that there are going to be many manufactures that are going to be taking a BIG step in '04. So what do u guys think tradein/lease for a year until teh '04s come out or do u have a better idea?

Juker008
Old 11-15-2002, 10:46 AM
Revving at 9K...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn.. that sucks!! I hope my 01 won't have nearly as much problems.
Old 11-15-2002, 11:03 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Originally posted by JasonT
Sucks dude! You mean you really use your heated seats? I wonder if mine even works I used them 2 times last december when I drove to NYC.
Heated seats??!! Ha!!
Old 11-15-2002, 11:40 AM
Pro

Originally posted by JasonT
Mine are continously on from when the weather starts getting colder! at least on the low setting.........hmm wonder how long my seat heaters will last with continuous use for 4 months a year.
Old 11-15-2002, 01:13 PM
TRELOS

Continiously??? Shit I've only used my seats maybe 30 times. if anyone can count the cold snaps that we've had here in S Fla. (anytime it drops below (70) and that is how long my heated seats have lasted me.

Juker008
Old 11-15-2002, 01:18 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

One on the reason why I bought an extended warranty is because the A/C is on most of the year. I've had 4 replacement A/C systems in my '96 Chevy Blazer and I was stupid enough not to buy the extended warranty. I'm still kicking myself in the ass because I still have the truck (120,000 miles).
Old 11-15-2002, 03:30 PM
Drifting

Continiously??? Shit I've only used my seats maybe 30 times. if anyone can count the cold snaps that we've had here in S Fla. (anytime it drops below (70) and that is how long my heated seats have lasted me.

Juker008
what the hell i havent even turned mine on since i bought the car. it seriously doesnt get that cold here.
Old 11-15-2002, 04:05 PM
on a 10 mile ride

So tell 'em 'bout it!!

Seat? okay it'll suck if they're ON all the time but otherwise that sounds like the least of the problems. Here, if everyone with probs would just write this guy:

Koichi Amemiya
President
American Honda Motor Company
1919 Torrance Blvd
Torrance, CA 90501-2746

maybe they'd pull their heads out of their asses and start demanding the dealers take a few Lexus CS courses

if I didn't have so much neg equity in mine I'd be in a '97 540i in a second.

btw - nice drop liquid, been thinking about the HR racing but if that's what you get with sports, how low must the racings be?

Old 11-15-2002, 04:10 PM
Drifting

thanks but remember i have a heavy system that dropped the back a lil bit more
Old 11-15-2002, 07:34 PM
TRELOS

Hey B,

Come on now u live in Miami. The only time it ever get cold down there is when the shipments come in from the docks; ooops thats only when it snows . But anyway...shit if the temp gets below 70 I am FKin cold.

Juker008
Old 11-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Instructor

4. Drives heated seats (Crap) goes high then shuts off for 15 minutes. No this is not normal, I remember how it used to be when it worked RIGHT.
This just started to happen to me -- today. I did a search, and I see that you're having a problem, too. Hi used to stay on until I switched it off. Now it does off "by itself." I am having my door repaired at Mueller's Acura; the plastic pull is slowly coming out from wear-and-tear. I may mention it then.
Old 11-16-2002, 11:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Juker008
...they fucking gave you $10/day??? Thats fuking bullshit why didnt you rip them a new one?

Dealer
Old 11-16-2002, 11:19 PM
TRELOS

At that time I really didn't care much. The told me that my car would be done in a day only because they has a tranny sitting there. So for me to drive a Metro for a day didn't seem too bad at the time.

Kinda let me go back to the time of my old car. Vert, everytime it would drizzle I would get 4" of watter in the floor. But never did I have a problem with the tranny .

Hahhh the good old days.

Juker008
Old 11-17-2002, 01:20 AM
Under the radar

Acura does not suck, the rattles can be fixed. Just DO something about it instead of whining. I had a BMW 328i and it had more rattles than my Acura but I fixed them (that particular BMW also had a crappy transmission, but I won't say all BMW transmissions are crap). It took time but it was worth it.
I have said this before but I HATE when a person has one bad experience with one car (it's usually something minor) and suddenly the WHOLE ENTIRE COMPANY and everything it's ever made is crap; what a bunch of BS.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally posted by CLSter
Acura does not suck, the rattles can be fixed. Just DO something about it instead of whining. I had a BMW 328i and it had more rattles than my Acura but I fixed them (that particular BMW also had a crappy transmission, but I won't say all BMW transmissions are crap). It took time but it was worth it.
I have said this before but I HATE when a person has one bad experience with one car (it's usually something minor) and suddenly the WHOLE ENTIRE COMPANY and everything it's ever made is crap; what a bunch of BS.

I see you have a 2003 CLS... so you are new to this world. Most of his problems are KNOWN by other owners. The rattles and tranny are common. Even if your tranny doesnt go out, it still isnt fun to think that it might at any time. Let alone its not smooth shifting at all. IMO

But i agree with you, just because your bmw had rattles doesnt mean other cars will have them, cuz mine doesnt, YET.

Oh and im curious.. how many miles do you have? Cuz if you dont have rattles now.. you may later.
Old 11-17-2002, 05:04 AM
TRELOS

WHAT look at the big picture here. Read ALL the crap that is wrong with the car. U want me to fix a rattle, fine I could agree with that, but u want me to pull cash out of my pocket to fix the heated seats, rear window defroster, windsheild wiper motors, BRAKES, TRANNY, seat belt tensioner, HEATER. Look we are talking $ in the Ks that I should pay out of my pocket . Just think if this stuff happened AFTER the warranty.

What I am try to say is that this stuff shouldn't happen, period. Warranty is up to 50K but the age of the items is less than two years. We are not talking about drivetrain parts which I would agree should be warrantied upon milage. Items that are not drivetrain related should be warrantied by age. Like I said this car is less than 2 y/o, and we are talking about Honda quality? Honda quality should be like my friends Civic 3 y/o and NOT A SINGLE PROBLEM.

Look I purchased this car expecting it to last 10 years. Sounds like alot but my last car which was a FKin Pontiac lasted me 8 years and all I had to replace on that thing was 3 water pumps and a brake overhaul. Big deal total cost for upkeep, what, $500. Now compare that to $10K for tranny, brakes, and all the other BS items.

Think about it...

Juker008
Old 11-17-2002, 06:47 AM
Under the radar

And my parents had a new Pontiac that only lasted a year. Another acquaintance had a 2002 BMW 7 series and basically had to lemon law it. Every manufacturer will have a batch of lousy cars. The size of that batch is the big difference. *cough*FORD*cough*

I frequent BMW boards and hear of a wide variety of mechanical problems(M3 engine failures, X5 engine fires, faulty fuel sending units). Yet somehow the image is still there that BMW is this bulletproof piece of miraculous engineering.

I do know of the many complaints about the trannies Acura owners at the Forum have. And then there's the rear deck rattle and the sunroof rattle, both of which are repairable. The whining at every car forum is very loud but it seems there are still many thousands of owers unaccounted for. The car enthusiasts and the people with problems seek the forums out and these are usually NOT the majority of people.

BTW my car has just over 6000 miles on it. I had the sunroof rattle too -a fifteen minute fix.

I still haven't encountered a car that remains squeak or rattle free during or after the warranty period -please tell me of that car I may be interested.

Juker008, If you are so miserable sell the Acura now and I am sure you could still get a new Pontiac or Civic, maybe with money left over for mods. Then ALL the problems will disappear and you won't have to deal with the CL "deathtrap" anymore.
Old 11-17-2002, 08:37 AM
TRELOS

And my parents had a new Pontiac that only lasted a year. Another acquaintance had a 2002 BMW 7 series and basically had to lemon law it. Every manufacturer will have a batch of lousy cars. The size of that batch is the big difference. *cough*FORD*cough*
***cough***Mustang***cough***

Juker008, If you are so miserable sell the Acura now and I am sure you could still get a new Pontiac or Civic, maybe with money left over for mods. Then ALL the problems will disappear and you won't have to deal with the CL "deathtrap" anymore.

See if it were so easy don't u think that I would do it. In '01 I looked for a car that would give me all the amenities that the CLS had to offer, all under $30K. I found nothing but the CLS. Seeing that it was an Acura/Honda I felt that I would have a reliable car, I believed that my investment would be a good one. So back in '01 I ploped down the cash for a CLS knowing that this is going to be the car that I am going to have to have for a long time. I had no other money and no other car.

Now today I have a shit load of problems, and this is a new car? How do u expect me to get rid of it and get a new car, plz let me know I am all out of options. I trade in my car and all I'll get is $20K. Wow thats great now I can go get myself a KIA. Fact is someone who invests 30K on a car expects the car to go past the warranty. People invest hard earned money on an automobile that they expect to be there when they need it the most

Sure I can understand that there might be a bad batch that comes out of the plant. Female worker PMSing on the assembly line. But for the ammount of people who have defects with their CLS calls for a recall. Not even the new trannies are holding up.

And as for all the people complaining and bitching on this forum, I feel them. I know first hand what it is like to be stuck with a boarderline lemon, and not to be able to get out.

So bro after u've put some miles on that car of urs, u come on back now, and then maybe we all will be seeing eye to eye.

Juker008
Old 11-17-2002, 04:45 PM
Three Wheelin'

That's why I leased. I bought the 300M I had before this car, & was turned upside down with resale, warranty issues, & problems.
Old 11-18-2002, 07:11 AM
Three Wheelin'

Hey, I actually used my heated seats this morning. I guess they do still work
Old 11-19-2002, 12:22 AM
Under the radar

Maybe I will do a preemptive strike and get an Audi before it all falls apart in few thousand miles. My research didn't show me that all the CLs and TLs were pieces of crap guess I was wrong. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:37 AM
TRELOS

Maybe I will do a preemptive strike and get an Audi before it all falls apart in few thousand miles.
Good choice.

Juker008
Old 11-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Drifting

hey juker i turned on my seat heater today
Old 11-22-2002, 09:54 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by liquid_x
hey juker i turned on my seat heater today
Hey B,