01 CL-S vs 04 WRX STI

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 11:38 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bottom line. subies are NOT maxed out from the factory. There faster than our Cl-S. They take well to bolt-ons AND THATS IT

Try telling me wrong, and i'll fucking kill you

jk
Old 12-15-2005, 09:19 PM
EVO IX MR

Don't fool yourselves guys thinking the CL is on the same playing field as the STI, EVO,......they are lighter and take to Mods veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrry well, and mods being almost infinite compared to just I/H/E/SC for the CL.
Old 12-16-2005, 08:27 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by nYmALu86
I want a Legacy GT Limited, from what i heard they are VERRYYYYY mod friendly and can get very good gains from simple mods. Sorry for going off-topic guys I just wanted to get some info on the legacy gt.
they are extremely mod friendly (2k will get you over sti levels) and only thing you need to know is to buy one. you could prob still pick up an 05 new lgt ltd 5mt for 24-25k if your lucky. i dont like the 06 all chrome headlamps, but nav is avail. great bunch of people at lgt.com for support as well.

peace
Old 12-16-2005, 11:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by nYmALu86
I want a Legacy GT Limited, from what i heard they are VERRYYYYY mod friendly and can get very good gains from simple mods, hmmmm Time to put in more hours during the holiday. lol Hey MattG i Love your care it's absolutely beautiful. How much power did you extract from the factory turbo? Did you get the STI mods that comes from the dealership? Again very clean looking car maybe I can get one in black Sorry for going off-topic guys I just wanted to get some info on the legacy gt. Oh yea mattg, how much power are you putting down to the wheels?
thanks. all my STi parts were purchased after the fact. My grill and lip spoiler are replicas, because the real parts are so expensive and don't actually fit the USDM Legacy.

A stock Legacy GT puts down ~ 190WHP & WTQ. My car is putting down ~ 240 WHP & 260 WTQ. I'll be on the dyno soon.
Old 12-17-2005, 11:12 AM
EVO IX MR

Originally Posted by mattg
My car is putting down ~ 240 WHP & 260 WTQ. I'll be on the dyno soon.
Hmmmm, TQ is higher than your HP,........is that normal for a subi?? Shoudl be the other way around, right?
Old 12-17-2005, 12:06 PM
Senior Moderator

nope. it is very typical for a stock turbo subie to make more TQ than HP.

260 hp / 303 tq!

Only mods are:
Cobb catted downpipe
Greddy SP2 catback
QTP headers with integrated uppipe.
Perrin EBCS (not an actual power adder)

That is it. All stock intake, right down to the OEM paper air filter with 20K+ miles.

Runs were made on 91 octane CA crap gas, no additives or boosters.

many dynos i have seen w/ upgraded turbo make the same or more HP than TQ.
Old 12-27-2005, 02:25 AM
Never had a clean run

Hey Matt, take your car to the track yet? If not, what kind of times do you expect to make?
Old 12-27-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Damn. Now I want a Legacy. So the only trannies are 5mt, and 5at?
Old 12-28-2005, 08:01 AM
drop em like its hot

i dont understand what the big deal is. evo, sti are built from the ground up to be fast rally cars. that is their purpose, nothing more, nothing less. the cl-s is not designed to be a fast street car from the ground up by any means. sure with some mods it can be pretty fast (or with a lot of mods if you got the money) but it would take a retarded amount of money to make it as fast as a highly tuned evo or sti. and even if you did mod it to be quick on the quarter, it'll never corner as well as a rally car without a complete overhaul (RWD conversion at the least). for sure it would cost a lot less to upgrade the turbo for evo/sti than it is to just go turbo for cl-s, and YES with just an ECU flash u can make a LOT more power for pretty much any turbo car out there, period. stop being a little kid.

i mean sure, you can take a civic and turn it into a 11second rocket too, but where's the class in that? personally i dont like the evo/wrx at all, sure they're fast but for me im the type thats into something with some class n speed. and for some reason i rather enjoy NA power (after taking a ride in the new M5... talk about raw displacement power ) but thats my personal preference, just as others would prefer speed over "class" anyday.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:33 PM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
rezurex made some good points thre that hit some things right on the head. rally cars get rally interiors(bare essentials) and CLs are not race cars.

Speed+Lux > speed; Speed+Balls > speed
Old 01-04-2006, 04:24 PM
Instructor

when the acura gets smoke i pull out the other car out to play
Old 01-26-2006, 11:02 PM
Intermediate

I never said the CL-S is on the same playing field as the STI, or Evo, just thought that some of you would like the story. The Acura suspension could never ever be tuned as easy as the STI, the Acura is heavier, and last but not least it's front wheel drive. Please don't compare Apples to Oranges. I was just simply giving my story, not comparing mano e mano.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Intermediate

Here is the web address to see this storys' STI!! members.nasioc.com/ViewMemberPics.cfm?MemberID=16096 This is the sweet STI that handed my butt to me!! If anybody is interested. Sorry didn't know how to make a link.
Old 01-28-2006, 06:56 PM
Intermediate

members.nasioc.com/ViewMemberPics.cfm?MemberID=16096
Old 01-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Pro

Fuck STI
NOT everyone like that shit. Yeah, it can be tuned with great aftermarket support, etc. But, I personally, would be ashamed to pull at the NICE RESTAURANT with that piece of crap. I'd rather get BMW E90 330i manual and my HOT GIRL , slap supercharger on it OR not it still plenty fast stock (low 13s), and awesome ride along with personal satisfaction .

Bimmer has plenty of space, STI or especially Legacy GT are so cramped, my legs were at my ears when I test drove it. Fuck that

I'm drunky but hope you getting my point bishes
Old 01-29-2006, 09:11 PM
2015 RDX Base

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by av6ent
Fuck STI
NOT everyone like that shit. Yeah, it can be tuned with great aftermarket support, etc. But, I personally, would be ashamed to pull at the NICE RESTAURANT with that piece of crap. I'd rather get BMW E90 330i manual and my HOT GIRL , slap supercharger on it OR not it still plenty fast stock (low 13s), and awesome ride along with personal satisfaction .

Bimmer has plenty of space, STI or especially Legacy GT are so cramped, my legs were at my ears when I test drove it. Fuck that

I'm drunky but hope you getting my point bishes
I'm with you on that one, STI's and EVO's are garbage. EVO's not as much as STI's, buy a real car people. What the hell is with that styling on the STI, that's one ugly hunk of sheet metal. I won't bash the people out there that bought one for autocross or such, but that's about it's only purpose. I couldn't imagine being seen in one on the street or at some of the restaurants I frequent, I would be quite embarrassed personally, not to mention the valet would probably laugh at me pulling up to a $100/plate restaurant in a STI.
Old 02-03-2006, 12:26 PM
Senior Moderator

having an opinion is one thing. being an ignorant, arrogant asshat is something else entirely.

i'm assuming you drive an AV6, av6ent? :gheylaugh:
Old 02-03-2006, 04:01 PM
AWD Torque Monster

Originally Posted by BadAcCLS
I'm with you on that one, STI's and EVO's are garbage. EVO's not as much as STI's, buy a real car people. What the hell is with that styling on the STI, that's one ugly hunk of sheet metal. I won't bash the people out there that bought one for autocross or such, but that's about it's only purpose. I couldn't imagine being seen in one on the street or at some of the restaurants I frequent, I would be quite embarrassed personally, not to mention the valet would probably laugh at me pulling up to a $100/plate restaurant in a STI.
You have no idea what you are talking about. The STI is a RALLY CAR not a luxury cruiser. The EVO is also a track car. Don’t hate on these cars. They would eat up any other car mentioned in this thread in any performance aspect bone stock, not to mention cars double or even triple their cost. They are icons for their intended purpose and the SRT 4 has its place as well. I would never buy any of those cars, but I don’t go around hating on them. It’s a shame that the majority of their owners fit a certain stereotype, but I find them just as annoying as all the douschebag BMW 3 series drivers. If you were a real car enthusiast you wouldn't hate on these cars you'd respect them no matter how much you dislike their looks, creature comforts, or owners.

Don’t let what other people think affect what you like. Case and point: you roll up in your new 330xi to your $100 a plate dinner and the valet thinks oh what a fucking doushebag this guy must be, I bet his girlfriend has acrylic nails. Who cares what he thinks he’s the valet! You're the one going! It’s no different then the valet thinking you have no class and are an asshat cuz you rolled up in an STI. I would never let other's opinions determine what car I buy. Fuck them. I buy what I like and don’t give two shits what they think. They can all kiss my ass.

To be honest from the animosity in both your and the other guy's statements it really seems you are jealous of these vehicles in some way. There is just no reason to hate on them like that. Again if you were a real car enthusiast you would not pass on driving any of those vehicles. They are a blast to drive. You may not want to own one, but don't deny what they are, which are low budget, street legal, race machines.

DISCLAIMER: I am not implying that all BMW, STI, EVO, or SRT 4 owners are asshats. I am simply stating that generally certain crowds are attracted to these vehicles and unfortunately give them a negative image that has nothing to do with the vehicles themselves.

Peace
Old 02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
i use the search button

thanks. all my STi parts were purchased after the fact. My grill and lip spoiler are replicas, because the real parts are so expensive and don't actually fit the USDM Legacy.

A stock Legacy GT puts down ~ 190WHP & WTQ. My car is putting down ~ 240 WHP & 260 WTQ. I'll be on the dyno soon.

by the way how are my old lip and grill looking? my old partner is STILL selling them. i miss the subie world. and yes they respond to bolt on mods VERY well!!
in owning a cl no they cant keep up with a sti easily even stock.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:03 AM
i use the search button

wow.....you just dont know do you? i have owned both a legacy gt and imprezza wrx non sti, funny thing is the styling is not bad at all imo, i had frequently drove the legacy to VERY nice beyond $100 a plate restaurants and was frequently given thumbs up by BMW owners and sometimes better. as for your statement of "i couldnt imagine being seen in one" your cheating yourself, simple as that.
by farthey are some of the most fun cars to drive ANYWHERE on the planet. i came to the cl community because i wanted something not many people had. cl's are great cars BUT if i had to impulse buy again legacy gt would be the first on the list. and then a quick trip to my tuner "harman motive" and its all over for any cl to keep up.

sincerely
the cl and subaru lover
Old 02-06-2006, 12:53 AM
Pro

i'm assuming you drive an AV6, av6ent? :gheylaugh:
Nope, G35 daily driver . AV6 has been SOLD a while ago
And getting '06 EVO IX MR in a couple of months for fun :gheylaugh:
Old 02-06-2006, 09:43 AM
Senior Moderator

well, your still a fag in my book.
Old 02-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Senior Moderator

so fuck the STi, but you're getting an EVO in a couple months. OK, well your credibility = shit

and congrats on jumping on the G35 bandwagon.
Old 02-17-2006, 02:37 PM
2.4 L iVtec

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
a kid im friends with down the street has an sti, and i have no idea why he bought it. He started with a legacy then bought a sick jetta turbo and then bought the STi and hes only 19. If i had the money id put my money into something else but some people just want fast cars. But he is also bipolar haha and they need the BEST things. He put so much money into it for what? Its just stupid to me wasting all that money on that type or car.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2050684 -- STI
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/440872 --- jetta
Old 02-17-2006, 02:57 PM
Advanced

whats wrong with a G35? just because everyone gets it makes it a lesser car?
Old 02-17-2006, 03:42 PM
Senior Moderator

^ did i say that? i don't think i did.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
I SMELL NAWZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rog2961
whats wrong with a G35? just because everyone gets it makes it a lesser car?

the G35 looks like a brick... im probably going to get ass fucked for saything that but its a really squary "not sure if thats a word" car.

I'd rather have a Z just MHO

but that doesnt mean the G35 isnt cool, it definitely is
Old 02-26-2006, 01:40 PM
CLS is gone.. H22 TEG NOW

g35 is ight.... but just ight... unless u got a black one with bronze volks on it =)
Old 02-28-2006, 04:11 PM
05 STi White/Gold

Funny I stumbled across this thread. Well, i can say with much authority that a CLS would get smoked by an STI at any mph range. How do I know? Because I have both a CLS and a Stage 2 STi. And yes, with just a turbo back exhaust and a tune, 50 whp is easily attainable.
Old 02-28-2006, 04:18 PM
05 STi White/Gold

Wow, you are pretty ignorant if you think that STi/Evos are only for autocrossing. STi's and Evo's are all function. I have both a CLS and an STi. Both different cars used for different purposes. And unfortunately, no one has laughed at me yet at nice restaurants.
Old 02-28-2006, 10:32 PM
Pro

so fuck the STi, but you're getting an EVO in a couple months. OK, well your credibility = shit

and congrats on jumping on the G35 bandwagon.
Damn! I only found out today. All that shit came out from my silly drunken little brother who stayed at my place over weekend. My PC was logged in and he used it to post that crap under my name while I was out. So chill
Old 02-28-2006, 11:10 PM
Instructor

i would choice luxury over speed but those sti's are fuckin quick...my boys got a legacy gt i would definetly take that..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...608E3838AE.htm
Old 03-01-2006, 07:54 AM
05 STi White/Gold

Originally Posted by blkactypes01
i would choice luxury over speed but those sti's are fuckin quick...my boys got a legacy gt i would definetly take that..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...608E3838AE.htm
my rational is that I have the rest of my life to get a luxury car... when my back starts aching from the stiff suspension and my ears start ringing from the loud exhaust, i'll get a bimmer. but for now, i want speed over luxury. but to each his own.