***Group-Buy***Comptech Headers***

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2003, 04:52 PM
A CL-TYPE S 6 SPEED OWNER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
***Group Buy***Comptech Headers for Auto & 6 Speed***

Hey Everyone,
I spoke with a representative from Custom Car Creations last week regarding a group buy for the Comptech headers for the 6 speed M/T CL-Type S. After much negotiation with Comptech, he was able to get us a group buy discount. So here are the details.
1. There is a 5 purchase minimum for this GROUP BUY!
2. If we get between 5 and 10 orders, the price per header is $1077 shipped. If we get more then 10 orders, the price per header is $1066 shipped. Shipping to lower 48 only.
3. The group-buy will last 10 days from the day I start it; today 22-July-03
4. All payments from members will be sent to me via paypal. At the end of the group-buy, we will place the order for the total number of headers. *No headers will ship until after the group-buy is over and all money due is paid.*
5. Shipping time will depend on the number of header orders they receive. Typically it averages 2-3 weeks, but if it's a large number of headers it may be more.

Well, that’s it. So come on guys, this is the time to buy. I have looked all over the place for Comptech headers, and I have never seen them for this cheap. Denis, the representative from Custom Car Creations worked hard as hell to get us this kind of price, so let’s not let him down, so please if you’re interested, and I know there are many of you, please place your order. Thank you all for your time.

*****THESE PRICES ARE GOOD FOR BOTH AUTO & 6 SPEED*****

PimpinCLS03 aka Mario
2003 SSM Acura CL-Type S 6 Speed M/T w/Navi
http://community.webshots.com/user/pimpincls03
E-MAIL: PimpinCLS03@hotmail.com (e-mail me after you have made a purchase)
Paypal E-MAIL: Dsplambdax321@hotmail.com

:flamer: http://www.c-c-c.net/
Old 07-22-2003, 04:58 PM
Banned

Im in put I can go head to head with a cl-s auto with headers/intake/and exhaust.....how much would the headers help in the 6 speed. In my auto I didnt notice that much but if it makes a big difference than Im in...

anybody want to chime in on some info...I wouldnt mind going sub 14 sec quarter..
Old 07-22-2003, 05:06 PM

Hey Lou,
Comptech Headers are known to give at least a 32HP Maximum Gain. I know that on the 6 Speed, it is very noticable! The headers are worth every penny! So if you're interested and serious about buying, paypal me ASAP and then e-mail me at PimpinCLS03@hotmail.com and give me all your info. Do not e-mail unless you have already paid. Thanks for yout time bro.

Mario
Old 07-22-2003, 05:54 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Please feel free to call me a jerk for saying this becuase I respect Dennis and Custom Car Creations. Isn't the price still a little high for a group buy? They normally sell them for 1099 which is only $20 higher. I might just be stupid but should the price be a little lower for a group buy on a 1100 dollar product
Old 07-22-2003, 06:06 PM

Originally posted by spdy0001
Please feel free to call me a jerk for saying this becuase I respect Dennis and Custom Car Creations. Isn't the price still a little high for a group buy? They normally sell them for 1099 which is only $20 higher. I might just be stupid but should the price be a little lower for a group buy on a 1100 dollar product
I know that they sell them for $1099 to start with, which is already cheap. However, that does not include shipping. If you bought them at regular price, you would be spending $1350 w/comptech. I don't know about you, but if i could save a little money, its worth it for me. Buying them at $1099 is a bomb price, but getting them for a little cheaper then that is still better. So let me know if you're interested in buying them.

Mario
Old 07-22-2003, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by spdy0001
That is a fair question... and one I can help answer for you. The simple answer is that many vendors have limits on the pricing their items can go for. Comptech is one of those vendors. We actually went back and forth with our vendor and Comptech for about 2 weeks to get a good price for this group buy.

You probably won't see prices like this on their headers anytime soon.... especially if you've been noticing that their prices have been rising through other retailers. Our prices have held firm b/c we're trying to give you guys the best pricing, so we just take the hit ourselves while keeping the prices to you the same. As it seems you have noticed... we have one of the lowest prices on Headers around... and it hasn't changed in months...

It's a good deal, and like PimpinCL said it includes shipping. Honestly, I feel that he can get 10 orders.. so at that price break for 10 and up it's a nice deal. Mario worked very well with me and he is a good guy... hopefully you guys will make his first group-buy a success!!
Old 07-22-2003, 06:42 PM
Lone Wolf

Received 498 Likes on 399 Posts
Last I saw, Dean was selling them for 999 shipped. Is the price different between the auto and manual??
Old 07-22-2003, 06:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Call me selfish but how come no groupbuy for the Auto CL
Old 07-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by brian6speed
Last I saw, Dean was selling them for 999 shipped. Is the price different between the auto and manual??
That was a pretty long time ago and, like I mentioned above, I'm willing to bet prices will not go that low again b/c of pricing changes.

He's selling the headers for $1125 shipped... and that's been since November of 2002.... evidence of that is in his post in the black market.
Old 07-22-2003, 06:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by LatinSmoke 01CL
Call me selfish but how come no groupbuy for the Auto CL
No, not selfish at all .. I actually emailed Mario a little while ago informing him that the Automatic headers are included in this pricing... so the group-buy is valid for both auto and manual headers. I believe he'll be editing his post next time he's on....
Old 07-22-2003, 07:10 PM
Banned

Originally posted by PimpinCLS03
Hey Lou,
Comptech Headers are known to give at least a 32HP Maximum Gain. I know that on the 6 Speed, it is very noticable! The headers are worth every penny! So if you're interested and serious about buying, paypal me ASAP and then e-mail me at PimpinCLS03@hotmail.com and give me all your info. Do not e-mail unless you have already paid. Thanks for yout time bro.

Mario
mario Im out of the group buy looking at the dyno chart the only benefit to headers is at the dyno. Remember that you wont be shifting at 6800 prm where there is the 32 hp gain...you are only looking at 6-8 HP and only after 5500 rpm.\

I would rather have a 10 hp increase throughtout the power band than 32 HP at redline....you are only getting an increase for such a brief moment....they are great at $600 used but for $1000

thanks man I just wanted to shed some light before you take the big plunge...but hey Ive spent more than that on a headunit
Old 07-22-2003, 07:20 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by lou
mario Im out of the group buy looking at the dyno chart the only benefit to headers is at the dyno. Remember that you wont be shifting at 6800 prm where there is the 32 hp gain...you are only looking at 6-8 HP and only after 5500 rpm.\

I would rather have a 10 hp increase throughtout the power band than 32 HP at redline....you are only getting an increase for such a brief moment....they are great at $600 used but for $1000

thanks man I just wanted to shed some light before you take the big plunge...but hey Ive spent more than that on a headunit
Totally true... but HP is not the magic number here... you have to remember the all important torque. They don't show it on the dyno... but the torque curve is very linear on all Comptech products, including the headers. That means you'll see gains down low as well as up high. As you know most gains are up high (that's not a secret with headers), but just talk to someone like Shawn S or another 6-speed owner.. it's not all about HP.. Torque is very important too....
Old 07-22-2003, 07:35 PM
Banned

Originally posted by juniorbean
Totally true... but HP is not the magic number here... you have to remember the all important torque. They don't show it on the dyno... but the torque curve is very linear on all Comptech products, including the headers. That means you'll see gains down low as well as up high. As you know most gains are up high (that's not a secret with headers), but just talk to someone like Shawn S or another 6-speed owner.. it's not all about HP.. Torque is very important too....
very true but it is my understanding that equal length headers are better for adding torque. Comptech design is more suited for helping expelling exhaust fumes making the engine breathe better....doesnt added back pressure increase torque.....as you can see I dont know what Im talking about but the Comptech dyno doesnt measure with standard TQ making it difficult to evaluate
Old 07-22-2003, 08:04 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks to PimpinCLS03 and Juniorbean for the info

I didn't realize shipping was included, which does make the deal much better. I do wish I could get in on this GB but it came at the wrong time, cause I don't have that much extra money right now
Old 07-22-2003, 09:13 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by juniorbean
just talk to someone like Shawn S or another 6-speed owner.. it's not all about HP.. Torque is very important too....
The Headers are an awesome buy for the 6-Speed.
I know what the Dyno says, but believe me the car COMES ALIVE at 5,000RPM.
It pulls like crazy and easily spins the wheels into 2nd and you can get a nice bark into 3rd.
The first couple days I had them I accidentally bounced off the rev-limiter several times.
It revs QUICKLY between 5-7K and takes some getting used to.

BUY THEM !!!

Shawn S
Old 07-22-2003, 09:20 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Shawn S
The Headers are an awesome buy for the 6-Speed.
I know what the Dyno says, but believe me the car COMES ALIVE at 5,000RPM.
It pulls like crazy and easily spins the wheels into 2nd and you can get a nice bark into 3rd.
The first couple days I had them I accidentally bounced off the rev-limiter several times.
It revs QUICKLY between 5-7K and takes some getting used to.

BUY THEM !!!

Shawn S
do you highly recommend them Shawn or does it only makes its presence felt at the drags...how is the torque increase...felt during regular driving ????
Old 07-22-2003, 09:36 PM
Team Owner

It depends what you consider “everyday driving”.
My daily ride consists of lots of hills & curvy country roads so whenever I push the car I feel the power.
I’ve only been to the drags once and don’t really plan to return, but I do enjoy the extra power every time I pull onto the Interstate.
If you’re just piddling around town I guess you won’t notice, but if you like to wind out the gears you will.

It’s your grand to spend and your call on the upgrade.
I can’t imagine that someone who spends 2,300 for a stereo is having problems spending a grand for an extra 30+ HP.

Shawn S
Old 07-23-2003, 12:30 AM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
buy them lou, u had em on ur auto, they will benefit the 6 speed way more, the only downside i see here is traction w/ the 6 speed, if u redline the 1-2 shift w/ headers your prolly gonna lay down a very nice strip of rubber depending on the surface ur on..
Old 07-23-2003, 07:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by lou
doesnt added back pressure increase torque.....
This is a somewhat old myth which has stayed around for quite some time and is not as relevant today. In fact, it was never fully true; but does have origins.

Diameter size is more important than actual restriction. You could have a completely open and free flowing exhaust and if the pipe size is correct you will gain power throughout. The main thing is to keep the exhaust gas velocity up. Larger piping won't necessarily free up the exhaust much but it will slow the gases and give them time to cool. This is where the power losses come from. Too small can restrict the gas flow and decrease power throughout.

Comptech, and the subsequent copy-cats, did a fine job of balancing flow rates with pipe diameter to where the velocity is kept high at all revs. Nothing is gained below 4k revs but it does start there and climbs to redline.

And if some back pressure is really needed, there is a catalytic converter in the path with will provide a few inches pressure drop...
Old 07-23-2003, 11:07 AM

Hey Everyone,
I just thought I would reply to some of you. Im kinda disappointed that no one has placed their order yet. I know most of you still think that the price is high, but you aren't looking at how much money you are going to save if you purchase the headers in this group buy. Custom Car Creations has worked really hard to get Comptech to give us this kind of price and I don't think that Comptech will ever do it again, they are really tight with their prices! So please, if you have any interest in buying headers, do it before the group buy is over. The group buy will only last 9 more days. Thank you all for your time and I hope this group buy becomes a success.

Mario
Old 07-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

OK.... this Group-Buy is set to expire on August 3rd at 11:59pm (Sunday night). If you haven't ordered yet... now's the time. All details are on the top of page 1 of this post.

Have fun!!
Old 07-28-2003, 06:09 PM
Not Fast Enough

how many are going to do it 1-5 or 6-10

thanks kevin
Old 07-29-2003, 06:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by SLY1TYPES
how many are going to do it 1-5 or 6-10

thanks kevin
Right now we're still in the 1-5 range.
Old 07-31-2003, 07:25 AM
Senior Moderator

We're in the final stretch here, so get your orders in!!

FYI, I cleared this sticky with Soopa... I will take it down Sunday night.
Old 08-04-2003, 05:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks to everyone who placed an order!! If anyone has any questions, feel free to contact PimpinCLS03 or myself. PimpinCLS03 will be sending out updates regarding the shipping updates, etc. as they come through.

As promised, this topic is closed and unstickied.