$600 for service and I get a door ding at dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 05:42 AM
Manny Tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
$600 for service and I get a door ding at dealer

Had CT Springs/Sways and 7500 mile service at dealer. Got car home and was loving the new look when I noticed a nice door "ding" and paint chip.

Here's the funny part. I talked to the Service manager before letting him work on car. I told him this car is in showroom condition and I expect it back that way. I also told him that I go out of my way to avoid door dings when parking and i expect the same from his techs. He told me not to worry.

We'll, the Manager got a nice call from me and he has agreed to send the car to a autobody shop at dealer cost with a free loaner.

Kinda sucks but at least he's doing something about it.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah youre lucky they are doing something. i was expecting to read this and see "the manager said that it wasnt their fault and im stuck with it"
Old 10-26-2003, 05:49 AM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by SilviaGTO
yeah youre lucky they are doing something. i was expecting to read this and see "the manager said that it wasnt their fault and im stuck with it"
The manager knows I would never spend another penny at his shop if he didn't do something. He did say he can't hold his tech's responcible for these things. I told him that maybe something should be done like take it out of their paycheck and maybe they'll be more careful with other peoples cars.
Old 10-26-2003, 05:52 AM
Race Director

cant hold his tech's responsible for dinging the hell out of your car?

im sorry, we cant hold that nurse responsible for dropping the needle on you.

I think your response was good
Old 10-26-2003, 06:59 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry to take issue here but ..................... .It is always a bummer when you drop of your car and something unforeseen happens like a door ding .I doubt the dealer did it on purpose but i find it interesting that people without any evidence blame the mechanic immediately .Who died and left you in charge .You got videotape ? you got some witnesses ? The way I see it the dealer is doing the right thing here .They are willing to pay for the accidental damage and all you can is say is that in your opinion they should make a person pay for something that they may or may not have done ,interesting philosophy I would love to be a fly on the wall next time you get blamed for something without a shred of evidence and you then are forced to pay for it .

Jens
Old 10-26-2003, 07:12 AM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by Jens H.
Sorry to take issue here but ..................... .It is always a bummer when you drop of your car and something unforeseen happens like a door ding .I doubt the dealer did it on purpose but i find it interesting that people without any evidence blame the mechanic immediately .Who died and left you in charge .You got videotape ? you got some witnesses ? The way I see it the dealer is doing the right thing here .They are willing to pay for the accidental damage and all you can is say is that in your opinion they should make a person pay for something that they may or may not have done ,interesting philosophy I would love to be a fly on the wall next time you get blamed for something without a shred of evidence and you then are forced to pay for it .

Jens
Not blaming anyone in particular except the "dealership" who took responcibility by taking my car in for service. We're not talking about a Pepboy's or Jiffly Lube, we're talking about an Acura Dealership which is suppose to have 100% quality and owner satisfaction, right? I took a loaner car from them and I brought it back spotless. That's because I always take extra care when parking a car away from danger. If a tech or another tech who parks next to a car being serviced, why can't they be as careful and respect other peoples property?

Again, I'm not blaming any one person, just the dealership for letting this happen. There's absolutly no excuse for this to happen.

Some car owners don't care if their cars have more dimples than a golf ball. I however, like many, don't want one little dimple anywhere on my car.
Old 10-26-2003, 07:17 AM
retired

100% quality ? Does that include the guy (possible customer) that parked next to your car at the dealership when you dropped it off .

Jens
Old 10-26-2003, 07:27 AM
Flap.

most dealerships ive seen have seperate parking where cars are dropped off and then techs park them....
leaving the only resopnsible people those that work at the dealership, i know not all work this way, but that in no way exonorates the dealer from all blame, i think they are doing the right thing, and props to you for handling it well
Old 10-26-2003, 07:41 AM
Manny Tranny

100% quality ? Does that include the guy (possible customer) that parked next to your car at the dealership when you dropped it off .

Jens
This dealership has a drop off entrance. It's a covered bay leading into the garage. Only single lane so it didn't happen during drop off. If anything, it happened when they shuffled car in and out of garage over the two day period. If they parked the car in the general parking lot where customers park, maybe a customer did hit the door. Why did they park it in general parking... especially when I told the manager right up front I care about my car and don't expect a scratch or door ding when I bring it in for service. If this isn't a wake up call for the manager to tell the tech to treat this one with care, i don't know what is.

All I know is the manager is upset as I am (at least he's showing it) and he's willing to repair the damage.. and that's as much as i can ask.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:29 AM
retired

Well glad to see they are stepping up to the plate to correct the problem .

Jens
Old 10-26-2003, 01:29 PM
Race Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well glad to see they are stepping up to the plate to correct the problem
Old 10-26-2003, 01:38 PM
Banned

You're lucky they're actually doing something about it, but it sucks that they're gonna have to repaint....is it something just a simple touch up could fix?
Old 10-26-2003, 04:16 PM
///M POWER

good thing dealer is takin care of ya
Old 10-26-2003, 04:26 PM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by Katana18
You're lucky they're actually doing something about it, but it sucks that they're gonna have to repaint....is it something just a simple touch up could fix?
Touch up could fix it but that wouldn't pull out the ding. Touch up would look like a touch up job as well. There's also a vertical scuff about 4 inches below the ding that scratched the clearcoat. A professional paint job and clear coat will make it look like it never happened. If I were at fault (like parking in a shopping mall... which I rarely do), I don't think I'd go through this expense. Seeing the dealer agreed to fix it, I'm taking advatage of the situation. It's Satin Silver as well so the match should be easy.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:40 PM
Pro

Similar incident happened to me at the dealership. When I was getting the tranny replaced in my first gen someone/thing scratched my back bumper. Like stejus, I took good care of my car and talked to the service manager about its care while in the shop, because I knew they would have it for a week+. When I picked it up it was the first thing I saw, a 3 inch scratch on the back bumper. The service manager was out to lunch so I waited for him to get back, showed him the scratch and he immediately agreed to have the back bumper repainted for me, and provide my parents with a loaner car (beings that I am not 25). He handled the situation very well, and because of that they continue to get my business, and will continue if their customer service remains at the level it is at currently.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:41 AM
ne0
ariseMedia/RonJon Collabo

What kind of loaner did they give you?
Old 10-27-2003, 03:57 PM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by ne0
What kind of loaner did they give you?
Me? No loaner yet. THe first time I had service at this dealer I got an 02 TL. This past time (last week) I got an 03 RSX. When they repair my car, who knows but I know it will be at least one of the two that they have loaned me before.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:55 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by MJMeucci
Similar incident happened to me at the dealership. When I was getting the tranny replaced in my first gen someone/thing scratched my back bumper. Like stejus, I took good care of my car and talked to the service manager about its care while in the shop, because I knew they would have it for a week+. When I picked it up it was the first thing I saw, a 3 inch scratch on the back bumper. The service manager was out to lunch so I waited for him to get back, showed him the scratch and he immediately agreed to have the back bumper repainted for me, and provide my parents with a loaner car (beings that I am not 25). He handled the situation very well, and because of that they continue to get my business, and will continue if their customer service remains at the level it is at currently.
Are you kidding??? Silver is one of the MOST difficult colors to match...
Old 10-29-2003, 09:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Technique
Are you kidding??? Silver is one of the MOST difficult colors to match...
silver and gold