Yokohama AVID ENVigor

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Yokohama AVID ENVigor

After 40,000 miles on my Yok AVID H4S, a tire wall bubble formed. Have the ENVigor's on order, but since they're so new, it's on back order. Any 1st Gen owners have experience with these?
Old 06-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just had a set installed for a 2007 Honda CRV and they've been pretty great so far... they are quiet on the highway at 80mph and feel very secure in terms of handling/grip. Obviously no experience in the snow (or even rain yet) but i would imagine they would handle well due to the tread design. only time will tell as to their tread wear and winter weather handling, but everything so far has been good...

i want to order a set of these for my 2006 TSX, although I may change to something else if they stay on backorder too long... i need tires now, but i think tire rack has them earliest in stock on 6/21 - seems like that changes day to day though...
Old 06-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Drifting

^Thanks for the input. I'm getting them through America's Tire who told me 2-4 week back order.
Old 07-11-2010, 01:27 AM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just bought a set, and so far I'm loving them. MUCH quieter than the OEM's and a lot cheaper. And driven in some rain without any issues, so I'm a happy camper so far.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:41 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I have the Yokohama Avid V-s tires. Hate them. Lose traction on wet pavement, very noisy. Never will get them again.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:08 PM
Drifting

I've had them on for 2 1/2 wks. A bit quieter than the H4S, traction is great so far on dry; yet to try wet, but that will come.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:26 AM
AcuraZine

I've had these on for 3weeks and it took me 2months to pick these out on tire rack. Because these tires are new, there were not a lot of reviews on them but from what I read it was good. Now I’m thinking I’m regretting choosing them because I’m a very spirited driver and at every corner and exit ramp I can feel the tires rolling over. The sidewalls seem really soft for cornering. Last night was the first time I drove in the rain and I with hard acceleration I got the tires to spin. But I'm sure that the tires are fine for “normal” drivers. Over all I have mixed feeling about them, only because I don’t feel comfortable with the tire to drive the way I use to with the old shitty michelins; which seemed to feel better at cornering and handling.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:11 AM
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
I've had them on a 2000 Accord Couple since spring and have been impressed with them, especially compared to the Michelin Pilot Exaltos I had on last year (which wore out very quickly). (I used Bliaazks over the winter). They're especially good in the rain. I'm also a spirited driver and have a few series of curves on my daily drives but haven't felt much rollover. These are 15" tires, however.
Old 08-02-2010, 07:21 AM
Old Guy

Received 161 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by pacman821
I've had these on for 3weeks and it took me 2months to pick these out on tire rack. Because these tires are new, there were not a lot of reviews on them but from what I read it was good. Now I’m thinking I’m regretting choosing them because I’m a very spirited driver and at every corner and exit ramp I can feel the tires rolling over. The sidewalls seem really soft for cornering. Last night was the first time I drove in the rain and I with hard acceleration I got the tires to spin. But I'm sure that the tires are fine for “normal” drivers. Over all I have mixed feeling about them, only because I don’t feel comfortable with the tire to drive the way I use to with the old shitty michelins; which seemed to feel better at cornering and handling.
Wow.... not much of an endorsement if they're actually no better (or maybe worse!) than the OE Michelins. I wouldn't be too concerned about spinning them in the rain; I'm pretty sure you could do that with any tire. The other stuff doesn't sound too good though. I'd be reluctant to go with something new. I've always relied on a plenty of Tire Rack survey reviews to pick something out (much more so than their tests by the way).
Old 08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Advanced

One thing that I've noticed with these tires after driving on them for 2 weeks is that they will flat spot overnight. The tires will be lumpy in the morning for about 3-5 min until they're completely warmed up.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Any follow-up on these tires from anyone who has had them for a fair amount of time? I'm looking to replace my General Exclaim UHP's (225/45-17) with them as I want something longer-lasting, but near the UHP's in terms of wet and dry performance/grip. I don't drive like a maniac but I like a progressive tire that won't just break traction on a 65mph on-ramp.

For the price it looks like these cannot be beat if the majority of TireRack surveys are accurate. It appears that they have very competent traction scores (I don't care about winter scores as I run winter tires). Also, 92% "Would Buy Again" which says something!

Looking for fellow Acurazine members' reviews!
Old 04-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by curls
Any follow-up on these tires from anyone who has had them for a fair amount of time? I'm looking to replace my General Exclaim UHP's (225/45-17) with them as I want something longer-lasting, but near the UHP's in terms of wet and dry performance/grip. I don't drive like a maniac but I like a progressive tire that won't just break traction on a 65mph on-ramp.

For the price it looks like these cannot be beat if the majority of TireRack surveys are accurate. It appears that they have very competent traction scores (I don't care about winter scores as I run winter tires). Also, 92% "Would Buy Again" which says something!

Looking for fellow Acurazine members' reviews!
PM sent.

Taking a corner can be done comfortably 20-25mph above the posted speed sign. Realistic thread life is much shorter then warranty thread life. I've never experience a break is traction above 65mph. I have bought again since the prices for these Yoks as well as past models - AVID H4S, V4S - are reasonable.
Wet traction is above average, but definitely better then OEM Michelin's. On occasion during heavy rain (SoCal weather) and my car is sitting at the light, I would temporarily lose traction at launch, but quickly gain it once rolling.