yellow koni shocks??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 05:23 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile yellow koni shocks??

Anybody has yellow koni's on their tsx? how's the ride with them?? I want to know your feedback before I get them for my car. (NOT MANY SHOCKS/ struts replacement available yet.)
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
got the sp3 neuspeed version (features more ride height ajustment) paired with neuspeed sport springs and i love the ride quality. handles really well too.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Racer

how is it .. ? more details please.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:17 AM
Instructor

My friend has Koni Yellow with Eiback Prokit and he is happy with the setup.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:54 AM
OEM plus!

There are quite a bit of people that have posted detailed threads about them on here. Run a search on it and you will find some more good info from many, as this topic has been beat to death here.

I have the Koni yellows with the sport spring swap. I like the ride of them. They are set to 0 up front and -1 in the rear. A lot of people here have them set lower than me, but I like them right there. I have the shocks on the full soft position.

If I had to describe the ride, I would say that it is firm. You feel just about all of the bumps on the road but they aren't harsh, they are smoothed out pretty well. There is far less lean than stock and the car feels more controlled. I noticed when the car was stock that the car felt disconnected above 75mph, kind of dangerous feeling. With the Koni setup, I have taken it up far past that point and it feels good. The only time you will really complain while driving the car is on a really terrible road that is just covered with bumps and potholes.

I don't know if you've driven a lowered car, (this is my first) but it will take a little while to get used to the shortened amount of suspension travel. The car "resets" itself really quickly after any kind of road imperfection. In the stock setup, you would hit a bump and the suspension slowly floats back into the "neutral" position. With the Koni's, you hit a bump or something and you are back in place instantaneously.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:25 PM
kjv
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by A Cake On
There are quite a bit of people that have posted detailed threads about them on here. Run a search on it and you will find some more good info from many, as this topic has been beat to death here.

I have the Koni yellows with the sport spring swap. I like the ride of them. They are set to 0 up front and -1 in the rear. A lot of people here have them set lower than me, but I like them right there. I have the shocks on the full soft position.

If I had to describe the ride, I would say that it is firm. You feel just about all of the bumps on the road but they aren't harsh, they are smoothed out pretty well. There is far less lean than stock and the car feels more controlled. I noticed when the car was stock that the car felt disconnected above 75mph, kind of dangerous feeling. With the Koni setup, I have taken it up far past that point and it feels good. The only time you will really complain while driving the car is on a really terrible road that is just covered with bumps and potholes.

I don't know if you've driven a lowered car, (this is my first) but it will take a little while to get used to the shortened amount of suspension travel. The car "resets" itself really quickly after any kind of road imperfection. In the stock setup, you would hit a bump and the suspension slowly floats back into the "neutral" position. With the Koni's, you hit a bump or something and you are back in place instantaneously.

Hope this helps.
I have one question. Are the Koni shocks externally adjustable in the rear? Some older models (Integra Type-R, Honda CRX Si) were not externally adjustable. I just wanted to double check.

Thanks.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:21 AM
OEM plus!

Not quite sure about your question as far as externally adjustable...but you can adjust the damping via the top of the strut (to get to the rear ones you have to take the seat bolsters out in the back and lift the rear shelf area). To adjust the height you have to take the whole assembly off of the car and compress the spring, then change the height setting. It isn't as easy as a coilover where you can just loosen or tighten an adjuster with the whole thing still on the car.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:34 AM
kjv
Cruisin'

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by A Cake On
Not quite sure about your question as far as externally adjustable...but you can adjust the damping via the top of the strut (to get to the rear ones you have to take the seat bolsters out in the back and lift the rear shelf area). To adjust the height you have to take the whole assembly off of the car and compress the spring, then change the height setting. It isn't as easy as a coilover where you can just loosen or tighten an adjuster with the whole thing still on the car.
Thanks A Cake as you answered my question. When I mentioned "externally adjustable" I was asking if the dampening adjustment is at the top of the strut (which you said it is).

On some of the older model Konis, you had to compress the strut and then turn the strut body to adjust the dampening. Needless to say, you had to remove the struts to make this adjustment which is a PITA.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:13 PM
Polar Chicken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
best way to adjust the rears is to drill a small 1/2 wide hole in the rear deck so you can reach down to adjust them. The white Koni tool is not long enough to do this but you can make your own adjuster very easyly. I have these on my car as well set at 0 front and back and the dampning set to 1/2 rear and I adjust the fronts depending on my mood.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:38 AM
OEM plus!

Originally Posted by Zasker1
best way to adjust the rears is to drill a small 1/2 wide hole in the rear deck so you can reach down to adjust them. The white Koni tool is not long enough to do this but you can make your own adjuster very easyly. I have these on my car as well set at 0 front and back and the dampning set to 1/2 rear and I adjust the fronts depending on my mood.
I have been wanting to do that for some time now, just never got around to messing with it. Any suggestions for what material to make this "adjuster". This is kind of cheesy, but would a wood dowel do the trick, or would something else be better?