Wrong offset on my wheels!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 11:49 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong offset on my wheels!!!!!!

Ok, as some of you know I purchased a set of Niche Rhine 19 inch wheels in July. When I ordered the wheels I was very specific about the size and offset wanted:
19x7.5 with a 45 offset.

When I got the wheels they had a sticker on the inside saying 47......I figured this was the offset and bolted them up. I put about 2k miles on them and in those 2k miles the front has rubbed and the steering wheel has shook like crazy.

I got hub rings, aligment and had each wheel balanced again.....still rubbed and shook.....My tire guys bring to my attention that the offset is actually 34.......a little off from the 45 I ordered.

The place I got them from is in the midwest, I am in NY......I've spoken with them many times about the problems, but the never return my calls.

They messed up and sent me a 34 offset!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not to mention the kind of wear this could be putting on my wheel bearings. What do you guys think I could do about this.....The company is real lax and doesnt wanna do anything for me....Any opinions???????????
Old 08-04-2005, 11:52 AM
Instructor

A pic of the stamp, once I took the sticker off
Old 08-04-2005, 11:53 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn those must stick out like crazy.

If they won't return them, you've got two options:
1) sue the store
2) sell the wheels
Old 08-04-2005, 11:55 AM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Company name? I would be pissed as well. They should actually make it right by replacing them with the correct offset and paying to have your tires switched out. Or they should refund your money. Got any pics? We might be able to tell you if it’s a 45 or 34 offset. 45 mm offset would rubb if you dropped it 1.5-2” for sure.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:14 PM
Instructor

I'll post more pics later today.......The stamp says 34 and that has to be correct.....the rims are only 7.5 wide with a 225 tire on it....I'm on tein ss, but not slammed and they rub.

The place is customwheel.com, in TN.........these guys are idiots.....by the way when I got my wheels there were gouges on the inner lip from mounting, the tires were off balance and a center cap was cracked!!!
Old 08-04-2005, 12:21 PM
"You are just a puppet.."

Originally Posted by IneedaTSX
I'll post more pics later today.......The stamp says 34 and that has to be correct.....the rims are only 7.5 wide with a 225 tire on it....I'm on tein ss, but not slammed and they rub.

The place is customwheel.com, in TN.........these guys are idiots.....by the way when I got my wheels there were gouges on the inner lip from mounting, the tires were off balance and a center cap was cracked!!!
And you still said "oh well" and got them put on your car anyway?

I bet if you took care of this right away it would have been easier to resolve.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by artmcd88
And you still said "oh well" and got them put on your car anyway?

I bet if you took care of this right away it would have been easier to resolve.
It's not that I said "oh well" I honestly thought they were a 47 (which I could deal with) due to a sticker covering the stamp...I didn't even think to really double check...Believe me if I had realized this when I got them I woulda sent them back, but I thought they fit.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:34 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
It's not that I said "oh well" I honestly thought they were a 47 (which I could deal with) due to a sticker covering the stamp...I didn't even think to really double check...Believe me if I had realized this when I got them I woulda sent them back, but I thought they fit.
hmmm...

if the company placed that sticker on, may seem as if they intentionally tried to deceit you.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by afici0nad0
hmmm...

if the company placed that sticker on, may seem as if they intentionally tried to deceit you.
Thats what I thought when I first read it.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:25 PM
04 remembrance

Wow,

Continue to contact them, but if worse comes to worst, sell your rims.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
or go to them and show them ur reciete (sp?) for an order of a 45 offset, the sticker that labled it 47 .. and the wheels that says 34. if they refused .. then sue them
Old 08-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He meant you said "Oh well" to the gouges on the rims and the cracked center cap. Surely you saw this damage before you put them on the car right?

Honestly, since you monted them and used them for a couple of weeks, I dont think their going to do anything about it.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:17 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Personally, I would use court as a last resort. That will cost you even more money (not to mention time), and there's always the possibility that the judge will say "You should've double-checked before mounting them on your vehicle." If you paid by credit card, I would call your credit card company up and see if you can contest the charge due to a failure to deliver goods as agreed to in a sales contract. Credit card companies will always try to protect their customers first because you generate their profit. Then, customwheel.com has no choice but to remediate the situation by either 1) issuing a refund, or 2) supplying you with what you originally agreed to purchase. Then, I would call the Better Business Bureau in TN and file a complaint with them. Companies don't want to be bothered with things like that. If all else fails, then I would sue. Remember, regardless of whether you win or not, you'll have to pay court costs (figure at least $125) and probably take a few days off from work as I'm not sure if you'd have to file a claim in your state or TN.

Good luck man... I hope it all works out for you. That would piss me off to no end
Old 08-05-2005, 08:57 AM
Burning Brakes

I feel sorry about that and forsure they need to take full responsibility for it. But you will having hard time since you already ride on them for weeks. Shouldn't you able to see the wheels were way out from fenders? Once you install it, you and the shop should able to tell it wasn't feel right! So it is an expensive lesson that you better inspect everytime after install.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Instructor

I hear what everyone is saying, the wheels didnt stuck out a little, but I though it was just the design of the rims making it do that..........I guess I just had faith in the company, thinking that if I ordered a certain size then thats what I would get.........On a side note I did check them out last night with the better business bureau and the have many complaints against them (this is another thing I should have checked before buying, but didnt know)

I spoke with my cc company and they said they'de help me out, so we'll see. I'll keep u guys posted.