http://www.tein.com/cstdamp.html
Old 03-31-2007 | 06:23 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Marcus of Heeltoe can get them for you. I don't think anybody here got them yet

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=tein
Old 03-31-2007 | 06:51 PM
Senior Moderator

What chu talkin 'bout, lito?

We've been calling them the "Tein CS" around here, since the name is Comfort Sport.
I gotta pick a weekend soon to install these. Time for the Flex's to go back on the shelf for a while.
Old 03-31-2007 | 06:55 PM
アコードタイプSとくれば、喜びもひとし お。思わず投

Originally Posted by Reach

We've been calling them the "Tein CS" around here, since the name is Comfort Sport.
I gotta pick a weekend soon to install these. Time for the Flex's to go back on the shelf for a while.

Nice
Old 03-31-2007 | 06:55 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

why you putting the flex back on the self. but damn you bought two tein suspensions. someones ballin'.
Old 03-31-2007 | 07:21 PM
Senior Moderator

I want to try a softer adjustable suspension. I'll prolly pick one and sell the other later.

Oh, and gotta do my mod-ly duties... moved to tires, wheels, and suspension.
Old 03-31-2007 | 08:03 PM
Is waiting in

yea i think Lito is losing some jdm marbles or something. Your not gonna want to take the FLEX back off the shelf once you put those on Reach.
Old 03-31-2007 | 09:16 PM
Pro

Anyone know if TEIN ever plans to produce Monoflex's for our cars?
http://www.tein.com/mfpdamp.html
Old 03-31-2007 | 10:00 PM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

I want to try a softer adjustable suspension. I'll prolly pick one and sell the other later.

Oh, and gotta do my mod-ly duties... moved to tires, wheels, and suspension.
yeah but they are not independently height adjustable which means you cant go as low.
Old 04-01-2007 | 08:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Yeah, but you know I don't tuck 'em as far as some of you guys do. I believe these will do fine. If I've got extra time on the install, I'll try to see how low these go.
Old 04-01-2007 | 10:51 AM
Instructor

I've had these on for about two weeks now and they are great. I went from A-Spec to Tein SS to this setup and I feel this is the best compromise. There is a tiny bit more body roll in the turns and nose dive etc. But on the corners I feel I can push it almost as hard as the SS (When at full damper stiffness). I am looking forward to installing the EDFC. By the way, the instructions are completely in Japanese and I could find no reference values for the spring seat so I am about 1.75" up from where the threads start (same way you measure the reference hieght on the SS's). This gave me the perfect drop I was looking for, I am measuring about 14", maybe a little less, from the center of the wheel to the edge of the fender.
Old 04-01-2007 | 05:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gvtsx
I've had these on for about two weeks now and they are great. I went from A-Spec to Tein SS to this setup and I feel this is the best compromise. There is a tiny bit more body roll in the turns and nose dive etc. But on the corners I feel I can push it almost as hard as the SS (When at full damper stiffness). I am looking forward to installing the EDFC. By the way, the instructions are completely in Japanese and I could find no reference values for the spring seat so I am about 1.75" up from where the threads start (same way you measure the reference hieght on the SS's). This gave me the perfect drop I was looking for, I am measuring about 14", maybe a little less, from the center of the wheel to the edge of the fender.
That's not enough information.

How do they compare to your A-Spec? Worth the extra $? Please try to describe how they ride/handle better.
Old 04-01-2007 | 10:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TodaSi
That's not enough information.

How do they compare to your A-Spec? Worth the extra $? Please try to describe how they ride/handle better.
In comparison to the A-Spec I would say that the handling is much improved but you also get smoother ride over bumps. I felt the A-spec was oddly firm going over small bumps and gave little performance advantage over stock. This setup is just the opposite. When riding in the car over a old bumpy in town road you would never think the car was lowered or on a performance suspension. But when you hit the windy highway it feels tight and smooth with much better performance than the a-spec. It really is the best of both worlds, excluding track expectations. Cornering feels similiar to my SS's and is very stable with very little lean. There is a little more initial lean than the SS's going into the corner but the dampers seem to quickly get firm and remain that way throughout the turn. Basically, it is a much better quality damper set up than the a-spec and you feel it and is worth the extra money in my opinion. Not to mention the adjustability and EDFC compatability. In a nutshell, this suspenion is exactly what the A-Spec is missing in terms of smooth ride and performance handling and what I didn't like from the SS's in terms of bouncy ride and some certain noise's, vibration's, and cabin creaks.

Hope this offers more help but I have to go...
Old 04-02-2007 | 12:08 AM
Senior Moderator

So, what noises would you describe that SS's as having that these don't? Have you had any noises (pops, clunks, squeeks, etc) from the new CS suspension?
Old 04-02-2007 | 12:20 AM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by drkangel348
Anyone know if TEIN ever plans to produce Monoflex's for our cars?
http://www.tein.com/mfpdamp.html
Tein Japan does.
Part number: GSA42-F1SS1
9kg/mm front
6kg/mm rear
189,000 yen
Old 04-02-2007 | 01:38 AM
Instructor

What's the lowest setting you can have on those CS dampers? Initially i was considering purchasing the Basics or SuperStreets however, after reading your post i feel maybe those CS dampers is exactly what i'm looking for. I want a lowered car with improved handling but not sacrificing ride quality. The only question i have is what is the lowest setting you can have on those dampers? The ride height i'm looking for is 2.0in front and 1.9 to 2.0in in the rear. Is it possible i can go any lower than that w/ those dampers if i wanted to?
Old 04-02-2007 | 04:26 AM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by ACURA TSX'D
What's the lowest setting you can have on those CS dampers? Initially i was considering purchasing the Basics or SuperStreets however, after reading your post i feel maybe those CS dampers is exactly what i'm looking for. I want a lowered car with improved handling but not sacrificing ride quality. The only question i have is what is the lowest setting you can have on those dampers? The ride height i'm looking for is 2.0in front and 1.9 to 2.0in in the rear. Is it possible i can go any lower than that w/ those dampers if i wanted to?
The CS are recommended to be lowered from -30 to -50mm on the front and -20 to -40mm on the rear.

However, they can go lower (or higher). The limits of adjustability are: -20 to -70mm for the front and -10 to -50mm for the rear. That's -2.7" for the front and -2" for the rear.
Old 04-02-2007 | 05:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by aaronng
Tein Japan does.
Part number: GSA42-F1SS1
9kg/mm front
6kg/mm rear
189,000 yen

Ooo, nice find.
Old 04-02-2007 | 06:53 AM
Burning Brakes

looks like it time to sell those flex
Old 04-02-2007 | 07:38 AM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by SimpleWhite
looks like it time to sell those flex
Flex are 10kg/mm front and 6kg/mm rear. But monoflex has better damper control and also works better than flex at low bounce speed. If you have tried to use flex to go over those narrow metal speed humps in shopping mall car parks, the car gets all bouncy and will scrape the bottom on the hump. Monoflex should overcome this problem.
Old 04-02-2007 | 09:17 AM
Instructor

So, what noises would you describe that SS's as having that these don't? Have you had any noises (pops, clunks, squeeks, etc) from the new CS suspension?
No noises from the CS setup. With the SS I had begun to hear seom clunks when entering and exiting parking lots that had a high angles. When the dampers had to compress during these situations I would hear some faint clunks and torsion noises from the chassis. I pretty much started to get the clunk that seems to have been written about a lot of Basic and SS setups. The CS just feels to be the perfect luxury/sport compromise.
Old 04-02-2007 | 09:24 AM
Racer

In comparison to the A-Spec I would say that the handling is much improved but you also get smoother ride over bumps. I felt the A-spec was oddly firm going over small bumps and gave little performance advantage over stock. This setup is just the opposite. When riding in the car over a old bumpy in town road you would never think the car was lowered or on a performance suspension. But when you hit the windy highway it feels tight and smooth with much better performance than the a-spec. It really is the best of both worlds, excluding track expectations. Cornering feels similiar to my SS's and is very stable with very little lean. There is a little more initial lean than the SS's going into the corner but the dampers seem to quickly get firm and remain that way throughout the turn. Basically, it is a much better quality damper set up than the a-spec and you feel it and is worth the extra money in my opinion. Not to mention the adjustability and EDFC compatability. In a nutshell, this suspenion is exactly what the A-Spec is missing in terms of smooth ride and performance handling and what I didn't like from the SS's in terms of bouncy ride and some certain noise's, vibration's, and cabin creaks.

Thanks a lot!!! This is exactly what I was hoping to hear. I wanted to know if the Tein CS would improve the handling, yet still remain sporty. I was anxious to hear if the suspension went too far on the cushy side, like a Buick or Lexus ES, but it sounds like Tein hit the sweet spot.
Old 04-02-2007 | 11:29 AM
Racer

Awesome, very well done. Thank you
Old 04-02-2007 | 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

You're making me drool man, and I've got them! Now I gotta see if I can put em on this weekend. Glad to hear from another happy owner.
Old 04-02-2007 | 12:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by CCColtsicehockey
yeah but they are not independently height adjustable which means you cant go as low.

although the picture is evidence of not having the "full length adjustability" part

tein says it has it. whats the deal?
"C. Full-length adjustment system :
Threaded shock bodies allow for minute adjustments (1mm increments) to the ride height. For optimal handling, we recommend setting the vehicle to no more than +/- 10mm from the suggested ride height."
Old 04-02-2007 | 04:05 PM
Racer

Looks like Mr. Heeltoe offers the Tein CS for 6% off of $1,400, with free shipping, or about $1,300 total.
Old 04-02-2007 | 04:38 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by hahaitzskippy
although the picture is evidence of not having the "full length adjustability" part

tein says it has it. whats the deal?
"C. Full-length adjustment system :
Threaded shock bodies allow for minute adjustments (1mm increments) to the ride height. For optimal handling, we recommend setting the vehicle to no more than +/- 10mm from the suggested ride height."
Full length adjustment does not mean having independently adjustable lower mount.
Old 04-02-2007 | 04:46 PM
Driver/Detailer

Just checked it properly, the lower mount is adjustable, but not independently of the lower spring perch.
Old 04-02-2007 | 06:17 PM
Is waiting in

Hey did you use the rust proof spray? I think the workers at the shop that i had my install done at allegedly stole it, but no biggy. When i have passengers in the rear and on full soft you can hear the clunking of an edfc motor in the rear, but on full stiff it goes away. Also when the car sits overnight in cold weather, the next morning the suspension squeaks, but after the car is warmed it goes away. Those are my only complaints, they're hardly anything to complain about, but just giving some feedback.
Old 04-02-2007 | 07:58 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by aaronng
The CS are recommended to be lowered from -30 to -50mm on the front and -20 to -40mm on the rear.

However, they can go lower (or higher). The limits of adjustability are: -20 to -70mm for the front and -10 to -50mm for the rear. That's -2.7" for the front and -2" for the rear.

If i go lower than recommended settings, what are some of the repercussions that can occur? Will the ride quality suffer? WIll the longevity of these dampers decrease ?

$1300 from Mr. Heeltoe ain't that bad at all. That's actually a pretty damn good price considering these coils are EDFC compatible.
Old 04-02-2007 | 08:38 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by ACURA TSX'D
If i go lower than recommended settings, what are some of the repercussions that can occur? Will the ride quality suffer? WIll the longevity of these dampers decrease ?

$1300 from Mr. Heeltoe ain't that bad at all. That's actually a pretty damn good price considering these coils are EDFC compatible.
Longevity of the dampers for sure, and the damping performance won't be as good because it is at the limits of travel.
Old 04-04-2007 | 10:36 AM
Banned

i like the look of the CS how its black w/ gold
Old 04-04-2007 | 11:39 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rex.
Hey did you use the rust proof spray? I think the workers at the shop that i had my install done at allegedly stole it, but no biggy. When i have passengers in the rear and on full soft you can hear the clunking of an edfc motor in the rear, but on full stiff it goes away. Also when the car sits overnight in cold weather, the next morning the suspension squeaks, but after the car is warmed it goes away. Those are my only complaints, they're hardly anything to complain about, but just giving some feedback.
No, I didn't use it.
Old 04-04-2007 | 11:41 AM
Senior Moderator

I wonder, where are you even supposed to spray the rust proofing spray on? The springs and perches? The threads? There isn't much in that bottle.
Old 04-04-2007 | 12:19 PM
Instructor

I wonder, where are you even supposed to spray the rust proofing spray on? The springs and perches? The threads? There isn't much in that bottle.

I was kind of thinking it was for the the main damper body and the perches. I don't know if I would spray the springs... could lead to noise problems in the future. The only things I was thinking about spraying were the bolts.
Old 04-04-2007 | 12:24 PM
Is waiting in

I was kind of thinking it was for the the main damper body and the perches. I don't know if I would spray the springs... could lead to noise problems in the future. The only things I was thinking about spraying were the bolts.
yea i agree, but i don't think it would cause noise on the springs, but maybe help to prevent noise..
Old 04-15-2007 | 12:31 AM
Racer

You're making me drool man, and I've got them! Now I gotta see if I can put em on this weekend. Glad to hear from another happy owner.
Are these bad boys on yet?
Old 04-15-2007 | 04:21 AM
Racer

Darn, I just finished installing my A-Spec's. After hearing about how much better the Tein CS's are compared to the A-Spec's I really one the tein's. How much are the Tein's with S& H???

For those Tsx AT owners how would you rate the Tein's from a Scale of 1-10 comapred to the A-Spec's ???
Old 04-15-2007 | 01:49 PM
Senior Moderator

cuteguy1414, they're on! I haven't had any time to get some pics or do a good impressions writeup, as I'm traveling this week and next. I will be sure to do so later.

mav3556, these are significantly different than the A-Specs. I don't have any of the tech info on the spring and dampener ratings around me now, but additionally these allow the adjustable drop and adjustable shock dampening. Other than that, the biggest difference is price, these will cost you ~$900 more than A-Spec.

Quick Reply: tein CST for tsx