A-Spec springs made by H&R?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 10:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-Spec springs made by H&R?

I bought the A-Spec kit for my 08 TSX after reading the great reviews for it on this forum. However, after a couple of months of use, I haven't been very happy with them and my experience has been that the shocks are terrible and are no match for the springs. A friend of mine with an 06 TSX was planning to get some A-Specs after seeing my car dropped, so I talked him out of getting the A-Specs and he got a set of H&R sports instead. When we installed the H&R's I noticed that the H&R springs look exactly like the A-Spec springs from my kit. The fronts are both linear and the rears are both progressive. The number of windings in each coil is the same. The rear H&R and the rear A-Spec springs both come with the exact same black rubber insulator on the upper coils. Also, if you look at the H&R Sport lowering, it lowers about 1.25" front and back, just like the +06 A-Spec kit.

I am almost positive that the +06 A-Spec springs are just H&R sport springs. My friends car after the H&R install rides almost exactly like mine with the A-Specs. Also, others have reported that the A-Specs made for the 04-05 TSX lower less than an inch. H&R also makes OE sport springs for the TSX that only lower .75" It seems to me that the early A-Spec kits were only H&R OE sport springs. If this is true you could save yourself a lot of money by just buying the springs from H&R for $230 instead of the whole kit from Acura for $650. Maybe I will call H&R and see if they can verify this...

Blair
Old 04-16-2008, 01:40 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Looks are deceiving. I Highly doubt this is the case. And good luck trying to get anyone to verify it. Not saying its not possible, just highly doubtful.

Also keep in mind your $600+ got you new dampers as well. The shocks and springs are matched just fine as long as you got what you were expecting. What you are experiencing is the minimal upgrade and impact the A-spec has on performance. Its better than stock but no a really big upgrade.

Of course, my comments are based on experience I've had with 04-07 A-spec. 08 might be different, but again I HIGHLY doubt it.

Marcus